Mid Way Point in the Season........

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
sharpshooter
Buckaroo

This league is for the taking with only BYU holding up to their pre-season ranking along with SDSU.
Mid Way points in terms of the Cowboys......

The offense needs more movement from the guys on the permiter. No pass and screen away principles....
In transition (which can only begin if we grab a rebound) we don't have the guards cutting through the paint coming to the ball side.....

Afam is just awful at guarding a man off the dribble that's why he's getting a seat on the bench. Playing the Matador Defense will get us in foul trouble and we can't afford that with a 9 man rotation. Let someone take a 18 foot fadeaway instead of driving to the bucket......

Minor tweaks that will get Ogirri some shots.
This team has 4 guys avg 14.7 and above.
Ogirri needs to keep the ball more in his hands and penetrate like that drive late in the second half to Johnson. It's tough to gauge the mindset because he's one of the top 3 point shooters in the country.

This backcourt of the Sheriff and Sharpshooter have combined to score over 3000 points on this level with Brandon approaching 2000 career points and Sean closing in on 1200 points respectively.

The Vegas paper has Sean as the X-Factor for Saturdays game but the X-Factor has to the play of our bigs.
Thiam has to play better, if I see another fadeaway with the best 3 point shooter in the west open (up for argument with Rolle of UCLA.

That's what needs to be emphasied. A bad fadeaway is just as bad as a turnover.

We want to take shots we want to take and not shots that are dictated by the defense.

Top 5 things to make it to the Dance....
1. Win every game at home and go 5-3 on the road....
2. 13-3.....24-6 going into the MWC Tourney......Is the New Mexico Bubble of last year.....
3. The Road is unkind but these 2 games coming up 3-1 and playing Air Force and CSU I like those chances.
4. Stay Healthy and Play better D...
5. The Fans..............You need to get to the game......15,000 seat capacity......You want a better product get your butt in the seats...... For every Brandon Ewing and Sean Ogirri we need to replace these guys next season and 5k attendance isn't going to do it......
I think the most fans we drew was for Prarie View.....

I understand that winning brings fans but if this team is .500 in conf come 10 days from now vs CSU and then Air Force.........you have better be there to root for these guys......

Last night was a statement game in regards to the resolve of this team. 12-18 is a mere distant memory right now. It's understandable to quesiton the 2nd leading scorer in Wade being out, but others contributed in his place.... and it's part of the game as well.

Could we have swung the Boise State and Utah State games with Dermody ? Has better hands than most of our bigs and could have given us a last push. Instead were 12-4 instead of 14-2 and those loses have to be made up in League play..... hold the home floor and win 5 of 8 on the road.....

It could be a tie for second....
If UNLV is down it's upto theh Pokes to control their destiny and make it to the tourney for the 1st time since 2002. I just really enjoy the backcourt and the seniors are trying to right out this ship for Heath and Crew....

I don't know what 09-10 will bring next season, but this could be the shot we need to get into the dance and hopefully the MWC is strong enough to field 2 teams......

Historically reg season champ and mwc tourney champ will get in.....

Did you take a look at the seat placement for the teams for the MWC????
Don't like the seat placemnt since I'll be out there with my family....

Team Hotel for Vegas?????

GO POKES
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

To me the scariest thing about the SDSU game was how easily that SDSU got inside without challenge. And once there the only player that seemed to want to do anything about the situation was Waddell. I dunno - does UNLV have a better inside game than SDSU? If so - trouble - look at how Utah got it to their big guy.