If your looking for a not so interesting read...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
mrtnt3x
A Real Cowboy

From the great poop rag of CFN: http://cfn.scout.com/2/1368129.html

I agree with not having respect, but AFA ahead of us, don't agree at all.
Powder River ... Let 'R Buck!
Hayduke
Cowpoke

mrtnt3x wrote:From the great poop rag of CFN: http://cfn.scout.com/2/1368129.html

I agree with not having respect, but AFA ahead of us, don't agree at all.
Flip UW and Air Force, then it's probably about right. But, I would put potential upside on both CSU And UW. CSU could overtake Utah State, UW could make a run for third.

But, I never get anything right anyway...
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

I don't know if we deserve to be ranked any higher....we has a horrible year
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

They can put us dead last if they want, pre-season articles in January are beyond pointless.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

BackHarlowRoad wrote:They can put us dead last if they want, pre-season articles in January are beyond pointless.
This is true. They are only used to fill space and sell advertisements.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
The Virginian
Cowpoke

I don't put much stock in pre-season rumblings, these online rags have do something for content. What's more Intriguing to me is how you sold this thread. Generally I try and avoid not so interesting reading, but eventually the headline sucked me in :)
This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 252 times

I'm surprised we weren't ranked last. We lost Brett Smith and Jason Thompson. We also barely beat New Mexico last year at home with Brett Smith.

While I absolutely think we will finish ahead of Air Force and New Mexico, I wouldn't be surprised if most publications put the Cowboys in last as the season gets closer.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote:I'm surprised we weren't ranked last. We lost Brett Smith and Jason Thompson. We also barely beat New Mexico last year at home with Brett Smith.

While I absolutely think we will finish ahead of Air Force and New Mexico, I wouldn't be surprised if most publications put the Cowboys in last as the season gets closer.
Not to mention barely, and I mean BARELY beating an AWFUL Hawaii team in LARAMIE, WYOMING in NOVEMBER in COLD COLD COLD weather.

Not only all of that, but Brett Smith had the arguably the best game anyone in the HISTORY of the MWC has ever had. All of that and we still barely got the win.

We lost him. We lost his more than capable back-up. We lost a star WR to the draft/graduation and another NFL player on defense.

Man, everyone is all excited about Bohl and I'm sitting here like...I remember being stoked for that bad ass Mizzou OC coming to Laramie.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Shut up until you put up. And we haven't put up jack poop since 2011.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 252 times

Don't confuse my post, I am excited about Bohl and believe that he was a BIG BIG upgrade over the former guy. Just taking an objective view as to where we objectively should be ranked for next year. It would be unrealistic of anyone to expect Bohl to come in and install his system and a conference championship caliber team in year 1 with absolutely no certainty as to the starting quarterback.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

OrediggerPoke wrote:Don't confuse my post, I am excited about Bohl and believe that he was a BIG BIG upgrade over the former guy. Just taking an objective view as to where we objectively should be ranked for next year. It would be unrealistic of anyone to expect Bohl to come in and install his system and a conference championship caliber team in year 1 with absolutely no certainty as to the starting quarterback.
Dangerous grounds we're treading. A "realistic expectation" is often confused with "settling for mediocrity" 'round these parts. :)
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Wyoming settles for less than mediocrity.
AFA was mediocre for like 6 years and went to like 4 or 5 bowls, winning a couple, but always winning between 5 and 8 wins.
When was the last time we did that for 6 years?

How can we settle for mediocrity when we haven't achieved mediocrity?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
The Virginian
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote:Wyoming settles for less than mediocrity.
AFA was mediocre for like 6 years and went to like 4 or 5 bowls, winning a couple, but always winning between 5 and 8 wins.

True. Mediocrity would be a step up.
This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

The Virginian wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:Wyoming settles for less than mediocrity.

True. Mediocrity would be a step up.
I posted a couple months back how I would LOVE to be mediocre and going to bowl games consistently.

We talk about this settling for mediocrity like we have been doing that.

Remember the post I made a couple weeks back about what Wyo has done since I have been alive?
The 5 highlights are: 2004 Vegas Bowl win, 2009 NM Bowl win, 10 win season with no bowl in 1996, 2011 NM Bowl loss, and...I can't even remember the 5th one...beating hte Sheep 4 straight years?

There is NO mediocrity in there.
Our best stretch was 2 bowls in 3 years under DC.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I look at it like a progression. You go from being a terrible team that doesn't sniff a bowl game, move up to a ok team that barely makes bowl games regularly and then become a team winning bowl games regularly and then compete for conference titles. We were beginning to sniff step two with Christensen and hopefully boel will move us over that hump where we are making bowl games regularly. And honestly saying we were at step two would be an exaggeration with Christensen maybe step 1.5
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!