What if?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
jarhead
Ranch Hand

While I was reading a few threads the other night and contemplating some of the issues and points of view on WYONATION I had an epiphany. We should require each member to post a picture of themselves along with a short bio. This in itself would discredit most of what is said on this forum. People would look at the picture, read the bio, and say to themselves......"why in the hell would we listen to this person." :lol:
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

I would lie! :lol:
mrtnt3x
A Real Cowboy

So lax and peach are not hot chicks with great "features"? JK
Powder River ... Let 'R Buck!
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

jarhead wrote:While I was reading a few threads the other night and contemplating some of the issues and points of view on WYONATION I had an epiphany. We should require each member to post a picture of themselves along with a short bio. This in itself would discredit most of what is said on this forum. People would look at the picture, read the bio, and say to themselves......"why in the hell would we listen to this person." :lol:
My picture is every one of my posts :cool:
I'm good for 3!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Well, my name is Chase, many on here already know that, as a NCAA football game or two ago, there was a bug in it that censored various words when trying to create a new coach. My name was one of those words. Still catch flack for it on here every now and then. But not as much as a certain someone's sheep motor home!
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

I'll do it. Soon as I get home.

I wonder if it will ever be possible for 2 people who have differing opinions on this forum to argue their point without making some sort of personal attack. It doesn't look like it.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

BackHarlowRoad wrote:I'll do it. Soon as I get home.

I wonder if it will ever be possible for 2 people who have differing opinions on this forum to argue their point without making some sort of personal attack. It doesn't look like it.

That is kinda my point with this post...everything on here is an opinion (obviously) however the caveat is that a large percentage of these posts/opinions have little or no background to provide any sort of substance. Most of us are the proverbial arm chair qbs who scour over questionable facts to make an argument. There are a few who claim to posses some level of practical knowledge, but to get offended by a college student, or worse yet, a high school student who has never played a down of football is ludicrous. I have this vision of a small skinny, glasses wearing, high water having, school boy behind his computer making claims and then getting offended when someone calls them on it! It is somewhat humorous to say the least. :rofl:
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

Slow Hand wrote:
BackHarlowRoad wrote:I'll do it. Soon as I get home.

That is kinda my point with this post...everything on here is an opinion (obviously) however the caveat is that a large percentage of these posts/opinions have little or no background to provide any sort of substance. Most of us are the proverbial arm chair qbs who scour over questionable facts to make an argument. There are a few who claim to posses some level of practical knowledge, but to get offended by a college student, or worse yet, a high school student who has never played a down of football is ludicrous. I have this vision of a small skinny, glasses wearing, high water having, school boy behind his computer making claims and then getting offended when someone calls them on it! It is somewhat humorous to say the least. :rofl:
Sounds good to me. What pose do you guys want my picture in? Outfit? :lol:
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

I could use some work on being courteous to others on this board. Opposing opinions are what makes this country great. Will make it a goal.

I'm a bean counter and not an expert on all things sports related.

Go Pokes!!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Alright...I'll start.

Hello...my name is Inigo Montoya, perhaps you recognize me from my many appearances on your television screen. While I may not be an expert at the game of football, I feel that my taste in cigars, fine scotch and beautiful women more than vouch for my manhood. Need more proof...don't just take my word...you can ask my lovely wife...

MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 38 times

Ha.. I'm easy to find.. a few of you have already found me on Twitter and Facebook. My anonymity sucks. :(
ImageImageImageImage
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

jarhead wrote:We should require each member to post a picture of themselves . This in itself would discredit most of what is said on this forum.
Good idea! I never believed anything Albert Einstein said, but everything Marilyn Monroe said. :whistle:
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

2 decades of losing will make any fan base edgy. We are all frustrated and we all have a tipping point, it just happens to spill over on this board.
I'm good for 3!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 252 times

Ok, seems like a fair idea.

djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

My name is Riley Johnson. I live in Utah. I actually am a BYU fan that posts on here from time to time to increase my potential MLM pool

McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 324 times
Been liked: 127 times

I'm game
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

I did get after w i k i p e d i a recently for allowing incorrect information about me.
Someone from that site sent a message wanting to know how I knew what was right or wrong and something to cite or quote etc.
Whatever.... Somebody changes my information quite often.

:D
Last edited by alyssa on Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

You're missing the point of the thread Alyssa. You're supposed to post a photo of yourself. ;}
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

I've had different personal photos in my avatars. I think I was in a couple of them but maybe not on this board.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

alyssa wrote:I've had different personal photos in my avatars. I think I was in a couple of them but maybe not on this board.
That's all right. Hideous girls never want to post their photos. :cool:
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.