Tweets on Bohl and Wyo football

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
billings
Ranch Hand

Tracy Ringolsby ‏@TracyRingolsby 8m
Bohl says he is old fashion. Cowboys football will have a home uniform and a road uniform. The colors will be brown and gold. Cowboy Tough.

Mike Vorel ‏@mikevorel 22m
Bohl said 10 recruits are in Laramie on official visits this weekend. #gowyo
Expand

Robert Gagliardi ‏@rpgagliardi 24m
Bohl said 10 recruits with their families on campus this weekend, and that recruiting is "a little ahead of where I thought it would be."

Mike Vorel ‏@mikevorel 25m
Bohl said he's expecting to gain more commitments this weekend. Not sure if recruits are at today's game. #gowyo

Mike Vorel ‏@mikevorel 29m
Bohl said it's important to stick with the culture of UW athletics, including w/ uniforms. Don't think we'll see those camo jerseys again.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

billings wrote:Tracy Ringolsby ‏@TracyRingolsby 8m
Bohl says he is old fashion. Cowboys football will have a home uniform and a road uniform. The colors will be brown and gold. Cowboy Tough.
Thank Gawd, some sanity for once!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

The one thing I hope: we keep the brown helmet for the home jerseys and the white for our away jerseys.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Cowboy Junky wrote:The one thing I hope: we keep the brown helmet for the home jerseys and the white for our away jerseys.
I hate the brown helmets.

The helmets should always be white with a brown & gold bucking bronco logo with one exception: the state flag bucking bronco logo for the Bronze boot games!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Wyokie wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:The one thing I hope: we keep the brown helmet for the home jerseys and the white for our away jerseys.

The helmets should always be white with a brown & gold bucking bronco logo with one exception: the state flag bucking bronco logo for the Bronze boot games!
The white ones look great with the white uniforms, but trying to get three colors to match doesn't work, or at least that's what my mom taught me. Keep it simple.

You might be the exception as well. The majority of fans I talk to love the brown helmets.

National Champions 1943.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

I do.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Cowboy Junky wrote:
Wyokie wrote:

The white ones look great with the white uniforms, but trying to get three colors to match doesn't work, or at least that's what my mom taught me. Keep it simple.

You might be the exception as well. The majority of fans I talk to love the brown helmets.
You never saw the 1987-96 uniforms and helmets have ya? All three worked great then.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Wyokie wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:
Wyokie wrote:

You never saw the 1987-96 uniforms and helmets have ya? All three worked great then.
No. I liked those too, am expecting a return to white helmets and wouldn't be upset with that decision. I've been a proponent of brown helmets for 20 years and really enjoyed them lately.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
The Virginian
Cowpoke

I'd bet it will be the white helmets only. The Bison had only one color helmet.
This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

My favorite uniform is the one we win in. I don't claim to know fashion but I never cared about that. Even as a player, just give me a damn jersey and let me go play.
I'm good for 3!
Hayduke
Cowpoke

The Virginian wrote:I'd bet it will be the white helmets only. The Bison had only one color helmet.
I think with all the concussion issues, etc., they just have helmet for fitted for the season. Pretty much what the pros do also.

Except for the Raiders. Cuz they are evil.
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

The white ones are fine, but I would like the Brown helmet with the state flag for the Border War, if nothing else.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

fromolwyoming wrote:The white ones are fine, but I would like the Brown helmet with the state flag for the Border War, if nothing else.
I like this, kinda have one alternate for the Border War but not breaking out something new week by week
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

wyokoke wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:The white ones are fine, but I would like the Brown helmet with the state flag for the Border War, if nothing else.
I like this, kinda have one alternate for the Border War but not breaking out something new week by week
Agree 1 bazillion %
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

What do they do with all the brown helmets if they decide to go with the white ones, throw them all away? Actually, I have more hope today that they're keeping the brown ones as Malauulu tweeted a picture of his new Wyoming gear and it featured a brown helmet.

This is my hope: brown helmet, yellow jersey(without the duck wing) and brown pants for home. That was my favorite uni combo of the last five years.

For road jerseys: all whites(minus the duck wing).

Ditch all the funky designs and get back to simple old school football.

The good news: we'll never see that grey uniform with the camo on it again that symbolized the pride and strength of our special forces and the trash mouth of Howdy Doody.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
mcdaddy
Buckaroo

I hoped to see a brown helmet but glossy almost Darth Vader look. From a distance it could be mistaken as black, with steamboat white and outlined in cowboy gold. How about cowboy gold face masks, that would definitely be an easy change and maybe cheaper. All dark jersey and pants with brown and gold trim. Never was a fan of the matted look on the brown helmet either. I am definitely a fan of the all white road uniform worn at Nebraska. The camo imo always sucked. I don't know why we see gray colors on the FB or BB team, maybe the washers are screwed up.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

The matte brown helmets are badass, enough said. We had gold helmets back in the day. This white helmet poop is stupid
W-Y, Until I Die!
The Virginian
Cowpoke

laxwyo wrote:The matte brown helmets are badass, enough said. We had gold helmets back in the day. This white helmet poop is stupid
The best teams to ever play for Wyoming wore white helmets. Bill Lewis' teams wore gold helmets and they sucked. Fred Akers' teams wore brown and they were pretty good in their second year. Of course we've had very sucky teams that also wore white. I'd prefer we just stick with traditional white and leave it at that. Uniforms are just extraneous BS. It's the football played in them that counts.
This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

The one thing I did enjoy about the fashion show under DC was the fact that we didn't make the bottom ten list for our uniforms during that period. We don't need that negative attention. With white helmets the ten years before we were a regular in the bottom ten.

That's why I want to see the brown helmets stay. They look better then the white ones with our home jerseys.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
HiCountryCowboy
Ranch Hand

Damn, everyone's got to quit worrying about the uniforms. They're not for the fans anyway and if mixing it up makes UW more desirable to recruits, have at it.

I'm more concerned that 2013 came and went and, yet again, there were no mwc championships in any fricken sport. With a few exceptions, seems like every time I get online there is another article about a Wyoming team losing. Will Bohl turn the football tides, we'll see, but there are bigger issues than the fricken uniform combos. A little paniced that we seem to only be turning kids w/1A offers, but I will trust HCCB until proven otherwise.

Regardless, I think Burman should be run and and the BOT news this week adds to my concern/apathy.

Now I'm done :)
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Wyokie wrote:

You need some fashion sense, You really don't like anything that looks good.