Cowboys offer Malik Johns

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

This guy looks fast. Most high school recruiting tapes make a guy look fast, but this is Florida and he burns by everybody. He looks like he has some return man skills.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/1045798/h ... s/62503375" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
lakesbison
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

another NDSU recruit. Kid is fast though!
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

looks like a good get, couple decent FBS offers as well.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

Speed is always a good thing.
lakesbison
Cowpoke

Committed to Samford. (fcs school) NDSU and Bohl were after him. heres is his story.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013 ... y_com.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
lakesbison
Cowpoke

Chavnez Pownell gets Wyoming offer today as well. http://rivals.yahoo.com/flavarsity/foot ... ell-156189" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; another NDSU recruit.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

His twitter makes it seem like he has a lot of interest. I hesitate to say that because of the fleet of f-word couch recruiters that will rush to twitter to commit recruiting violations.

We could really use a guy with good hands and great wheels. Our return game has sucked for years.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

Cowboy Junky wrote:His twitter makes it seem like he has a lot of interest. I hesitate to say that because of the fleet of f-word couch recruiters that will rush to twitter to commit recruiting violations.

We could really use a guy with good hands and great wheels. Our return game has sucked for years.
I thought I saw on his twitter last night that Wyoming offered him.......
HR_Poke
Cowpoke

He said he's coming to visit on the 24th. We will see what happens.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Cowboy Junky wrote:His twitter makes it seem like he has a lot of interest. I hesitate to say that because of the fleet of f-word couch recruiters that will rush to twitter to commit recruiting violations.
Well how will I know where to send the $$$$ to?

*Wait, if NDSU offered him...we aren't allowed to right? haaaaaa I mean they own anyone they sent an offer to don't they? :rofl:

In all seriousness, hopefully he can pull a good class this year....there is some talent on our team already. :twocents:
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Since Bohl has been hired, he agreed to not poach COMMITTED recruits from NDSU. He can and will openly go after prospects that were only offered.
lakesbison
Cowpoke

Yea he had other others, bohl or aj cooper will convince him Mwc is the way to go.

Powell as well, Cooper must be down there this week huh
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

Wyoming went on a short scholarship offer spree. The Cowboys gave the first Football Bowl Subdivision offer to two Tampa Bay players – Land O’Lakes DE/LB Shaheed Salmon and Jefferson WR/DB Chavez Pownell.
lakesbison
Cowpoke

lakesbison wrote:Chavnez Pownell gets Wyoming offer today as well. http://rivals.yahoo.com/flavarsity/foot ... ell-156189" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; another NDSU recruit.

wyo2dal I posted this yesterday ^^^ Look for Bohl to offer Daniel Vega from Illinois State as well. http://www.metrosportsreport.com/index. ... Itemid=252" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; he was offered at NDSU as well as all of these other guys.
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 50 times

Is this going to be the worst recruiting class of the past 10-15 years? I think there is a chance.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

TheRealUW wrote:Is this going to be the worst recruiting class of the past 10-15 years? I think there is a chance.
I believe in Bohl and we may not need the best of recruits. But I really don't think Florida should be a state of emphasis for us at all. Florida to Laramie...
KansasPoke
Ranch Hand

Hard to say? Maybe on paper but we won't know for 2-3 years how these kids pan out?

Due to the new dead period implemented for this recruiting year, new staffs were at a disadvantage if they were moving up from the FCS ranks. Have no choice but to recruit who you know. Give the staff a full year to recruit 2015 kids and things will be different. With that said don't expect the staff to be landing "big names" still... Wyoming has never got a whole bunch of those kids.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

:mrgreen:
TheRealUW wrote:Is this going to be the worst recruiting class of the past 10-15 years? I think there is a chance.
Hard to say....but time will tell
YankPoke
Cowpoke

We will never have a highly touted class. Bohl will recruit guys with toughness and the willingness to be a team player and a good work ethic. We may not get the best athlete, but all we need is the guy that is a good fit for Bohl and his system. I trust Bohl and I think he will do fine, this class may not be great due to the short time span, but he will make the most out of any player that he brings in.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

YankPoke wrote:
We will never have a highly touted class. Bohl will recruit guys with toughness and the willingness to be a team player and a good work ethic. We may not get the best athlete, but all we need is the guy that is a good fit for Bohl and his system. I trust Bohl and I think he will do fine, this class may not be great due to the short time span, but he will make the most out of any player that he brings in.
I don't know if I trust him or not but I don't have a choice! The man earned his shot and I'm down with whatever he's doing....for now.