SMU game

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

hey fans if it's a decent night and such Cheyenne and Laramie people let's try to get a "decent" sized crowd for these guys, it'll be quiet with the students gone but with a big name coach coming in let's show him a 7220 welcome!!!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

+1

I will be there.
I am excited.

For those of you that would rather watch the NDSU playoff game than come to the AA, shame.
Obviously, if you are hours away, it makes sense.

This is a big game for the Pokes.
We absolutely need this game.
I'm nervous about it.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

cmon over to the student section and seek me out, like to meet ya in person!!!
usually in 9th row on aisle, chewing on a toothpick standing the whole game usually but this game no one will be there so may hafta sit down for a change
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

stymeman wrote:cmon over to the student section and seek me out, like to meet ya in person!!!
usually in 9th row on aisle, chewing on a toothpick standing the whole game usually but this game no one will be there so may hafta sit down for a change

Will do!
I'll wear an Oregon State hate so you can easily pick me out.
If you see me and I don't see you, just shout out BEAVER and I will look.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

blue coat usually parked right next to me as I'm alone like always, and brown steamboat hat we'll see each other im sure!!!
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Going around looking for Beaver is bound to be a fun time...lol
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

kdwrightuwyo wrote:Going around looking for Beaver is bound to be a fun time...lol
Haha, I love my username. "Opens up" for tons of jokes. :lol:
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

"Beaver! Hey Beaver!"

"Hey guys, have any of you seen Beaver around here? Tonight was going to be my first time with Beaver, I've been seeing alot of Beaver on the internet. Seems really fun to be around with. Beaver!"
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

BackHarlowRoad wrote:"Beaver! Hey Beaver!"

"Hey guys, have any of you seen Beaver around here? Tonight was going to be my first time with Beaver, I've been seeing alot of Beaver on the internet. Seems really fun to be around with. Beaver!"
And Beaver gets really excited when talking about the Cowboys! And I mean excited!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Haha these are f-word hillarious.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

fromolwyoming wrote:
BackHarlowRoad wrote:"Beaver! Hey Beaver!"

And Beaver gets really excited when talking about the Cowboys! And I mean excited!
Beaver really does enjoy Pokes!!! :lol:
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Hey Ward, you were too hard on the Beaver...lol, maybe i'm dating myself with watching those Leave it to Beaver reruns...lol
ProudWYOAlum
Ranch Hand

This is a huge game, would be a huge win. We need to sweep this weekend!
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

If y'all want to watch UTPA is playing SMU in a few minutes here on espn3.
7:30 central.

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/#sport/bas ... /upcoming/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Thanks.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 324 times
Been liked: 127 times

Hopefully WYO fans will show up. They should - instead of having some strange allegiance and interest in watching FCS / NDSU football that night.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote:Hopefully WYO fans will show up. They should - instead of having some strange allegiance and interest in watching FCS / NDSU football that night.
+1

I get why people want to cheer for NDSU and Bohl, yeah it's a nice story. But regardless of the FCS playoffs outcome, it doesn't change who Bohl is.
If he wins it all this year it doesn't mean we are all of a sudden a power house. And if he doesn't win it, it doesn't mean we are all of a sudden at the bottom of the barrel.
I mean, I will cheer for them over who ever they are playing, but I am not watching the game and if they lose I am not going to be upset.

Wyo hoops is far more important than NDSU football.
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 62 times

This is another key game for the Pokes. While the DU loss was certainly a missed opportunity, the outcome was not surprising to me. I expect this game to be another close contest and wouldn't be surprised if this game comes down to the last posession. SMU is the more athletic, more talented basketball team. Fortunately for UW, this game is played at the AA which will be a significant advantage for the Pokes. This is another chance for the Cowboy's to bolster their resume for end of year tournament selections. I know it's still fairly early, but a loss in this game would make an NIT appearance an almost impossible outcome. The Cowboys need this game badly.

Player(s) to Watch: Nic Moore (G, 5'9, 170 lbs, G, RS-So) and Keith Frazier (G, 6'5, 190 lbs, Fr)
Moore transferred to SMU from Illinois State where he started the majority of games as a true freshman. After sitting out last year because of transfer rules, he has been brilliant for SMU. The guy is an unbelievable athlete, which has allowed him to lead the team in scoring despite being only 5'9 (and that's being generous). Moore is probably the quickest PG the Pokes have faced to date, and may be the quickest one they will see all season. He is averging nearly 5 assists per game, shooting 55% from the field, which includes knocking down 57% of 3 pointers. He is a match-up nightmare for the Pokes, even for good defenders, like Adams.

Frazier has shown flashes of greatness as a true freshman, but is still trying to develop a more consistent game. He was a McDonald's All-American at Kimball HS in Dallas and was named the AAC preseason rookie of the year in a conference with some very good freshman. He oozes elite talent and has the ability to have a huge game at any time. Keep an eye on this guy because he is eventually going to be a major force in college basketball.

Flip a coin, folks. That will probably be just as good of a guess of who will win this game as any in depth analysis. Don't miss this game if you have the chance to watch it. This is likely to be a great contest with some very good talent on display. Hopefuylly, it works out in the Pokes favor.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Oddsmakers (Denver Post) are showing Pokes 2 over SMU.
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

Keith Frazier got hurt (again) against UTPA. Last I heard he won't play (ankle). He's known to be "all offense and no defense".