Current UW Football Recruiting Lists

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 324 times
Been liked: 127 times

Here is a link to Scout.com...which has the best leads and most comprehensive information on current offers, current verbals, etc.

http://wyoming.scout.com/a.z?s=367&p=9&c=4&yr=2009
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 38 times

Anything good out there?
ImageImageImageImage
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

MrTitleist wrote:Anything good out there?
Yes, there will be a couple of surprises. There will also be a good share of duds.

It does crack me up that some folks around Wyoming (and out of staters as well) think that just by changing the coaching staff that UW is "automatically" going to have a superb class...well...that isn't going to happen this year. Maybe next, and quite possible the year after that. We will see.

What really matters is what goes on with the recruits once they sign on and are in the system. A good coach (position coach, staff, etc.) can get a lot out of players that may be weak on paper or appear not to fit.
Dear Karma,

J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Fact for encouragement. Colorado State had the WORST recruiting class in all of the FBS in 2008 yet went to a bowl game this past year.

UW has the QB's, RB's, and TE's for this offense. Go JC for a few WR's and the Pokes will make a run at a bowl in 2009.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 252 times

Darn, no punter on that list. :D I never thought a punter was too important until this year (i.e. UNLV) and after watching how much Florida State's punter affected the game against Wisconsin.

J-Rod, I dont understand how you already know we have the RB's, TE's and QB's for this offense:

We will be very young at RB and havent really been able to see much of them yet. Terry will be decent, but I think it is safe to say that he is no D-MO. Our redshirts are said to be fairly talented, but no game experience.

At TE, Salyards and Sundberg actually surprised me a bit with their ability to catch the ball this year (definitely more surehanded than some of our WRs). I think they will be just fine. The supposed stud TE Arnold really didnt show anything and certainly not an ability to be effective in the passing game. I am sure DC will bring in some talent at TE.

At QB, it is impossible to tell. Stutzreim seemingly has the arm and head to run the offense, but can't run and would need to lose about 30 lbs. Karsten ran it in HS, but who knows if that means he can keep from throwing the ball to the other team and his mobility isnt that great. Crum, well ummm...no (surprised he is sticking around actually). Word is that Berry has the arm and ability to run it, but once again he has never played a college down. Benjamin seems to be a Brad Smith type of QB who could be successful, but it is hard to gauge him simply based on his JUCO stats (see Crum).

And WR...we all know this is the key position to upgrade in order to be competitive next year.

All in all, I'm actually rooting for Stutzreim to lose some weight and get the opportunity. I just really like his competitiveness.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote:Fact for encouragement. Colorado State had the WORST recruiting class in all of the FBS in 2008 yet went to a bowl game this past year.

UW has the QB's, RB's, and TE's for this offense. Go JC for a few WR's and the Pokes will make a run at a bowl in 2009.
Right you are about CSewe's recruiting class...but that class didn't win 6 & a bowl game this year. The class of 2004, 2005, 2006, and 2007 did. Something like 95% of SF's 2008 recruiting class was redshirted.

I wish I felt the same about UW's QB's, RB's, and TE's that you do...I don't see us being as impressive as Missou was this past season...and honestly...I wasn't impressed with Missou anyway. Not at all.
Dear Karma,

MUPOKEFAN
Buckaroo

McPeachy wrote:I wasn't impressed with Missou anyway. Not at all.
[/quote]

Yeah I can see how a person who follows Wyoming's juggernaut offense would be less than impressed with a top 10 scoring offense.
SnipeyPoke
Buckaroo

I think it will take awhile before we will see anything great for recruits. Instead our guy will have to make his money the old fashion way by coaching them. That will be the real test to see if he is what everyone has hyped him up to be.
Go Pokes!
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Dave Christensen said he would get to work right after the first of the year - which would mean either tomorrow or Monday. He strikes me as someone who means what he says, so maybe we will be hearing about some new recruits soon. He talked about getting the team in the IPF and evaluating his players.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.