These idiots that say NDSU has better facilities than UW

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Cowduck
Cowpoke

Or that UW has poor facilities compared to the rest of the MWC should shut their goddamned pie holes until they do some research.

End rant.
KansasPoke
Ranch Hand

Take you read the MWC Connection article? That is where I read that crap and it pissed me of!!! They know nothing about our facilities compared to other MWC programs!
JohnnySunshine
Buckaroo

Not sure how your facilites compare with other MWC, or even NDSU, but NDSU has had professional scouts come and say the facilities there are better than some NFL organizations.
Cowduck
Cowpoke

I've seen it several places - NDSU message boards, other schools' message boards, in the press. And it's all in the context of the "WYOMING ISN'T A BETTER JOB THAN NDSU" nonsense. It's ridiculous. If there's anything we've done right at Wyoming over the last decade its dramatically improve this aspect of the athletic program.
JohnnySunshine
Buckaroo

Cowduck wrote:I've seen it several places - NDSU message boards, other schools' message boards, in the press. And it's all in the context of the "WYOMING ISN'T A BETTER JOB THAN NDSU" nonsense. It's ridiculous. If there's anything we've done right at Wyoming over the last decade its dramatically improve this aspect of the athletic program.
I think when it comes right down to it, NDSU fans think Wyoming is a place where coaches go to die. I think moreso they would have thought, myself included, that if Bohl left he would have left for a BCS school.

People are coming around though and starting to understand, the fanbase is just crushed that we lost our best head coach.

The thing with Bohl (at least at NDSU), and hopefully you will soon see, Bisonnation just didn't lose the best coach they have ever had, they lost a coach that has significant integrity and loyalty to his players, and the players would take a bullet for him.

Fanbase just grieving. In the end they don't know anything about Wyoming and just throwing out baseless and terrible opinions.
snowsailor
Buckaroo

There are lots of NDSU fans spewing hate and bad comments towards Wyoming. I don't think it is what they truly believe, I think it's their way of grieving. At least I hope it is. Because Wyoming is a beast of an athletic program compared to an FCS team.

Better facilities, 100+ year tradition, more money, an equally passionate fanbase, significantly better schedule, better degrees, and access to higher caliber players.
Cowduck
Cowpoke

JohnnySunshine wrote:
Cowduck wrote:I've seen it several places - NDSU message boards, other schools' message boards, in the press. And it's all in the context of the "WYOMING ISN'T A BETTER JOB THAN NDSU" nonsense. It's ridiculous. If there's anything we've done right at Wyoming over the last decade its dramatically improve this aspect of the athletic program.

I think when it comes right down to it, NDSU fans think Wyoming is a place where coaches go to die.
I think moreso they would have thought, myself included, that if Bohl left he would have left for a BCS school.

People are coming around though and starting to understand, the fanbase is just crushed that we lost our best head coach.

The thing with Bohl (at least at NDSU), and hopefully you will soon see, Bisonnation just didn't lose the best coach they have ever had, they lost a coach that has significant integrity and loyalty to his players, and the players would take a bullet for him.

Fanbase just grieving. In the end they don't know anything about Wyoming and just throwing out baseless and terrible opinions.
It used to be that Wyoming was (more or less) a stepping stone for coaches, and I think most Poke fans could live with that again. You have to get to that point before you can elevate the program to a destination-type job. The history of the program since Tiller left sure does make it seem like this is where coaches go to die. That's why this was such an important hire. We really can't afford another whiff. The shock in the coaching community about Bohl actually ending up at Wyoming doesn't surprise me because we have started to gain a reputation as a dead end gig and rightfully so. But holy poop, NDSU does not have "better everything" than Wyoming, like I saw on the @footballscoop twitter feed, for example. War Memorial > Fargodome. RAC at least = whatever you call NDSU's equivalent. MWC > MVFC in terms of competition and media rights. $1M > $300K. And on down the line.
The Virginian
Cowpoke

Ignorance can be breath taking.
This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke
NLGrizFan
Buckaroo

My guess is that if they were better Wyoming would be in better shape than what it is. Just a thought. But yes NDSU has amazing facilities. Thats probably why they've had so much success over the past 3 years. Not sure what was going on there in 2009, but they've made up for it.
GO GRIZ
Cowduck
Cowpoke

NLGrizFan wrote:My guess is that if they were better Wyoming would be in better shape than what it is. Just a rhought. But yes NDSU has amazing facilities. Thats probably why they've had so much success over the past 3 years. Not sure what was going on there in 2009, but they've made up for it.
Compare our facilities to anyone in the MWC. War Memorial's capacity notwithstanding I think you'll find that they stack up very favorably. We were told five years ago that Christensen could win at Wyoming in large part because of the facilities.

The hilarious thing is that the IPF might end up not particularly useful except as a recruiting tool. As I understand it Bohl held the majority of his practices outdoors at Fargo despite having the Fargodome available to toughen his guys up.

"Yes, prospective recruit, that is an indoor practice facility that measures up to just about any in the country. You will rarely set foot in it because practicing in that environment doesn't put hair on your chest. Practicing in 20 degree weather with a couple of inches of snow on the ground does. But we have it as a luxury item."
JohnnySunshine
Buckaroo

Cowduck wrote:
NLGrizFan wrote:My guess is that if they were better Wyoming would be in better shape than what it is. Just a rhought. But yes NDSU has amazing facilities. Thats probably why they've had so much success over the past 3 years. Not sure what was going on there in 2009, but they've made up for it.
Compare our facilities to anyone in the MWC. War Memorial's capacity notwithstanding I think you'll find that they stack up very favorably. We were told five years ago that Christensen could win at Wyoming in large part because of the facilities.

The hilarious thing is that the IPF might end up not particularly useful except as a recruiting tool. As I understand it Bohl held the majority of his practices outdoors at Fargo despite having the Fargodome available to toughen his guys up.

"Yes, prospective recruit, that is an indoor practice facility that measures up to just about any in the country. You will rarely set foot in it because practicing in that environment doesn't put hair on your chest. Practicing in 20 degree weather with a couple of inches of snow on the ground does. But we have it as a luxury item."

The IPF will come in useful during the playoffs, when NDSU cannot practice in the FargoDome because of other events during that time. NDSU is most likely in a situation to be hosting every playoff game up until the semi's (and even those if they have great season), but they cannot practice in the FargoDome during the weeks of the playoffs. Bohl stated several teams they would certainly use the IPF then if it was available to them.
NLGrizFan
Buckaroo

Cowduck wrote:

Yes, I've heard they practice outside. With the size of Wyoming's program you'd think that they wouldn't have bumpy seasons. I'm not cutting on UW's program I'm just kinda baffled at what is going on and has been going on there.
GO GRIZ
snowsailor
Buckaroo

NLGrizFan wrote:
Cowduck wrote:

Yes, I've heard they practice outside. With the size of Wyoming's program you'd think that they wouldn't have bumpy seasons. I'm not cutting on UW's program I'm just kinda baffled at what is going on and has been going on there.
Bumpy seasons, and in our case bumpy eras happen to lots of bigger programs, look at Colorado and where their program has gone. It's the nature of the business and Wyoming has made some bad choices with head coaches over the past 12 or so years. Christensen looked like a great hire on paper but not all coordinators turn into great head coaches. Wyoming has the fan passion and money to compete with the likes of Boise State and other great mid majors.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

Took a tour of USUs weightroom before our game with them.

We have work to do.
NLGrizFan
Buckaroo

I see. Well if thats the case I really hope Montana keeps declining the invites to move up. Its kinda nice being on top or in the running every single season. Plus I don't understand how the bowl system works.
GO GRIZ
JohnnySunshine
Buckaroo

NLGrizFan wrote:I see. Well if thats the case I really hope Montana keeps declining the invites to move up. Its kinda nice being on top or in the running every single season. Plus I don't understand how the bowl system works.

I heard something like .500 gets you a bowl game. No thanks.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

it can. 8 sun belt teams were eligible but only 2 got invited. I think we all agree there are too many toilet bowls. I watched a video of NDSU's facilities, they're amazing for FCS. Ours are solid,and among the best in the MW for the most part. The UniWyo complex is a joke. We do need to expand our weight room and strength and condition programs. I hope we get their strength guy.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
Brew_Poke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 2 times

JohnnySunshine wrote:
I think when it comes right down to it, NDSU fans think Wyoming is a place where coaches go to die. I think moreso they would have thought, myself included, that if Bohl left he would have left for a BCS school.

He did leave for a BCS school. Every FBS school is in the BCS.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Man this board has been hard to read. So many NDSU trolls.

We get it. You think NDSU > Wyoming. Here's reality: Cowboys have your coach now. Everybody move on.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Seems like the college football world is mis informed about the quality of our facilities and the upgrades that are continuing to be made. Should we just start posting a photo album?
I'm good for 3!