Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

New riff on "W-Y-O!"

Student side- "W-Y-O!"
Opposite side- "MING!"

Pace quickens as it goes, should be a fast-paced assault on the opponents' senses during time outs, or, even better, get it going when they're shooting free throws. Loud and faster and faster and faster.

Student side- "YOU ARE!
Opposite side- "SEVEN THOUSAND FEET!"
Student side (very quickly, no pause)- "IN THE AIR!"
Student side (yes, again)- "CAN"T BREATHE!"
Opposite side- "CAN"T THINK!"
All- "SEVEN THOUSAND FEET!
IN THE AIR!"

Of course nothing beats a great movie quote-
"HUCKLEBERRY!
SAY WHEN!"

Also, can someone please work "Infinity Guitars" into the arena and stadium music programming. I think it'd be easy to do a marching band version too...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

or when we're beating the team by a comfortable margin and their coach is still coaching, chant...scoreboard...scoreboard...scoreboard.
Yeah i forgot about the intros of starting lineups, so what, who cares, big deal!!!!

Jan 19 is going to be fun I can see
thirtyseven
Ranch Hand

This is a great thread!

Classic: W-Y-O

New: O-X-Y-G-E-N

I also like the 7000 Feet something with that since it is unique to us. I also like the idea of heckling the opponents for the starting lineup.

The UW marketing dept should have a contest to see who can come up with the best chant and give something away to the best ones.
Wyojjs12
Buckaroo

One thing I've seen a couple other schools' student sections do is countdown the shot clock ahead of the actually shot clock for the opposing team. It doesn't always work, but I've seen a few bad shots chucked up because the player thought the clock was expiring. Maybe something to try once or twice a game.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Wyojjs12 wrote:One thing I've seen a couple other schools' student sections do is countdown the shot clock ahead of the actually shot clock for the opposing team. It doesn't always work, but I've seen a few bad shots chucked up because the player thought the clock was expiring. Maybe something to try once or twice a game.
i've been doing that all year....lol, i almost got kicked out this past tuesday vs DU, cuz of the BS chant during a time out that security guard glared at me for 20 secs gave me the 1 more time you're out signal...lol

I'm passionate what can i say!!!!!
NextGeneration
Buckaroo

Hey Guys, Lurker here on the boards but grew up in Laramie and watch every game from here in SLC now. 12-0 BABY! Whether we win or lose on the 2nd to SMU, we need the Dome to be rockin for the BSU conference kick-off. Since I cant be at the game I wanted to do my part to compile these ideas into one post that can be used for distribution by the students to get the ball rolling. Perhaps wyopokesfan23 can get a copy of this passed out to everyone or have it put in the BI. Thanks!

Here's how we Turn the AA into The Dome of Doom:

The Student Section will now be known as the Wild Bunch. It will be headed by a group of students in the front rows who will be dressed every game in Cowboy Western garb. A White Board can be employed to start cheers. The cheers may include but are not limited to the following:

**The Foundation Cheers for anytime during the game.**
The Old
-The Beer Song
-W-Y-O-
-"Rip em up, tear em up, give em hell Wyo"
- Powder River! Let r' Buck!
-Da da da da ta da, CHARGE!
-The Fight Song

The New
Student side- "W-Y-O!"
Opposite side- "MING!"
[Pace quickens as it goes, should be a fast-paced assault on the opponents' senses]*

-Student side- "YOU ARE!
Opposite side- "SEVEN THOUSAND FEET!"
Student side (very quickly, no pause)- "IN THE AIR!"
Student side (yes, again)- "CAN"T BREATHE!"
Opposite side- "CAN"T THINK!"
All- "SEVEN THOUSAND FEET!
IN THE AIR!"

**The Situaional Cheers**
When the Oppenents take the court
-Booing
The New
-"You're Gunna Lose, You're Gunna Lose"

When Cowboys take court
-Fight Song
The New
-Fight song followed up with,"Whose House? Our House!"

While Introductions are being read
The New
-Read the newspaper during the opponents introduction, then wad them up and throw them on the court when it's time for the Wyo introductions.

Immediately following the Introductions/ before 2nd half
The New
O-X-Y
(O-X-Y)
G-E-N
(G-E-N)
(Repeat)
Then..
Where the hell's your oxygen! Where the hell's your oxygen! Where the hell's your oxygen! (While jumping up and down in unison, faster each time.)
(Till the buzzer sounds) Immediately after the buzzer everyone chants: Choke, Choke, Choke!

At the Start of the Game
- Stand and cheer non-stop until Wyo scores their first basket

When on Offense
-"Lets go Cowboys! clap clap... clap clap clap"

When on Defense
-"Defense!" *Start slowly*
- Cheer like madmen
- Any of the foundation chants
- Any of the game/player specific chants that are handed out by the Stampede

When an opponent shoots
The New
-"Shot!"

After an Opponent Air-Ball
-"Air Ball! Air Ball!"

During Wyo Free-Throws
- Hold up both arms and bringing them down yelling "whoosh!" when we made the shot

During Opponent Free-Throws
-Be Loud
The New
-Sing "The Wheels on the Bus"
-"Boink, Boink, Boink" With the bounce of the dribble, then "Shot!" when they shoot

When we block a shot
The New
"NOT...IN...THIS...HOUSE! NOT... IN... THIS... HOUSE!"

When Nathan Sobey Makes a Shot
"Aussie, Aussie, Aussie...Oi, Oi, Oi"

When Luke Martinez is introduced/ Makes a 3
"LUUUUUUUUKE!"

When We make a 3
"Threeeeeeee!"

When a player fouls out
-"Left, Right, Left, Right" with their steps, and "See ya!" when they sit down
-Sing "Hit the road Jack!"

When we are making a run
The New
-"O-X-Y... G-E-N... Where the hell's you're oxygen?!" Repeat
-"Choke... Choke... Choke"
-"Breath out! Breath in! Without Air you cannot Win!"

When Winning and we have the ball
The New
-Underrated! Clap clap... clap clap clap, Underrated! Clap clap... clap clap clap

When winning and the Opponent has ball
The New
-Overrated! Clap clap... clap clap clap, Overrated! Clap clap... clap clap clap

When a win is in hand
-"Score Board! Score Board! Score Board!"
The New
-"Start the Bus! Start the Bus!"
-"If You're winning and you know it clap Your hands..."
-"Is that not the score board!" (Yes, that is the scoreboard!)
"Is that not a (Wyo's score here)!" (Yes that is a (wyo's score here)!)
"Is that not a (opponents score here)!" (Yes that is a (opponents score here)!)
"Is that not the winning team!" -Pointing to Wyo's bench- (Yes that is the winning team)
"Is that not the losing team!" - Pointing to opponents bench- (Yes that is the losing team)
Everyone together: Winning team! Losing team, Winning team! Losing team! Winning Team! Losing team! (While pointing to the appropriate bench)

When San Diego St. comes to town
"BIG EAST-BIG WEST, BIG EAST-BIG WEST,
NOT AS GOOD AS MOUNTAIN WEST
BIG EAST-BIG WEST, BIG EAST-BIG WEST,
NOT AS GOOD AS MOUNTAIN WEST"

Be inventive and start your own cheers! But most of all BE LOUD and Participate! Never make a fan feel bad about being rowdy and GO POKES!
WyoAlum1987
Ranch Hand

Well now you young whippersnappers... this is an encouraging start! Best of luck to you-hope you make some great memories-it sure makes a game more fun for everyone (except the opposing team)
Brought back lots of memories: We used to scream"bucket of blood" (menacingly)at the refs anytime they called a tickytack foul on us :twisted: ... had a double meaning-we wanted them to know it was ticky tack, and fear for their personal safety :P ....
The papers..what fun(-style point-dont just hold them up, shout "BO-RING" :coffee: and rustle them loudly from when the opposing team is announced to the last name-THEN throw them -all at once-timing is everything). We gave each opposing starter a nickname-(shorty, slowpoke, pervert, panty face-hell it really didnt matter-I remember Ainge's face turned red, and their coach was visibly angry (he was bald, and his head turned red)..we used their nickname in chants if they kept the ball very long "pussssssy boy, pusssssssssy boy-and then we got even more creative on a free lance basis-well anyway you get the idea. Bring random props. We brought a mannequin leg for years, dont really remember ho it started, but it was a tradition.
We dressed a the deed doll in an opponents T-shirt and matching panties (or colored that way) and had her kiss someone (or something like that)-more fun than a beachball.... I remember her being pretty active under the UNLV basket every time they shot free throws :winky: (your mommys watching-your girlfriend likes me-etc). Against the Lobos we got low blows :oops: We used to pass security guards up that came after one of us...yeah, those were the days.
Keep it up and some coach will start bitching about you-our coach will have to stop the game to ask you (halfheartedly) to stop...and THEN you will have earned your spurs. Cowboy up and have fun-I like the wild bunch :thumb: thats a much better name than we had "freezer section'- :| lame
CSU's coach called us apes in an interview-we threw bananas on the court for CSU games for at least the next 3 years.
BYU's coach called us despicable :lol: (might have been because we'd learned his daughter's name and suggested activities we could enjoy if hed just let her date us -(I dont think it was the F-U BYU chant -we couldnt have said that more than a couple thousand times...but he was a daisy) we also threw pickles at BYU-but I was too drunk to remember why...anyone remember?
but we got to shout "we're despicable" with an authentic sense of pride for quite a few years as a result...
You dont get many seasons like this, be legendary...but dont get so drunk you cant remember (why the pickles? or the leg?anyone?)-cuz you'll make memories that only get better with age!!!
Last edited by WyoAlum1987 on Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
WyoAlum1987
Ranch Hand

In addition to flashing the altitude on our scoreboard with increasing size and frequency as the game progresses (accompanies by very loud gasping on the speaker system)..I'd like to see lots of excerpts from Tombstone on that scoreboard. We ARE the damn cowboys after all..... "you tell them I'm coming and Hells coming with me" "youre no daisy" "Im your huckleberry" "play for blood" the whole "tin cup/latin showdown"- "you gonna stand there and bleed" and the scene where they come down the street- any other badass western movie clips would also be appropriate.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Hey Beav, trying to dust this off from last year, maybe you can run this by your fellow students and get the Double A rocking again....I'll sure be there to help out like usual, but take some of these ideas and let's get that place rockin again....thanx man
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

All I know is its getting old when there are several times in the game where I am the only one yelling and the rest of the crowd is dead silent. And when I yell things that aren't even inappropriate (I do watch my mouth depending on what event staff person is there) I get glared at by old folks.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Theres a little group of us, Me, Beav, and Yank then a few people not on the board that have been really trying this year, getting early enough to get the front and standing and cheering the whole game, hoping the enthusiasm spreads through the student section then the gym
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Yeah we will get it going. Especially spring semester here, it's on!
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 119 times

Give 'em hell boys!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 324 times
Been liked: 127 times

wyokoke wrote:Theres a little group of us, Me, Beav, and Yank then a few people not on the board that have been really trying this year, getting early enough to get the front and standing and cheering the whole game, hoping the enthusiasm spreads through the student section then the gym
Well done. Dig the foam hats BTW.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote:
wyokoke wrote:Theres a little group of us, Me, Beav, and Yank then a few people not on the board that have been really trying this year, getting early enough to get the front and standing and cheering the whole game, hoping the enthusiasm spreads through the student section then the gym
That wasn't us actually.

Do you think us internet message board geeks would dare take our shirts off in public? The idea is to get people to come, not leave! :lol:
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 324 times
Been liked: 127 times

BeaverPoke wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
That wasn't us actually.

Do you think us internet message board geeks would dare take our shirts off in public? The idea is to get people to come, not leave! :lol:
:thumb:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...