Is the BYU game the worst scheduling decision in UW history?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 12 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:55 pm
PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:05 pm
WyomingAgJ wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:02 pm I think the biggest mistake in scheduling this was that it wasn't scheduled for BYU to come to Laramie first. I fully agree that I think they will buy out the second game, same as many of the other p5 schools have in the past, which is why it was good on some of the other more recent home and homes that are scheduled that we have the p5 schools scheduled to come to Laramie first (Texas Tech, Utah, Cal).

I don't know why we didn't do that with BYU. That should have been a minimum requirement for scheduling the series.
Um, Oregon?
What are you talking about? Oregon came to Laramie. 2017
My apologies, I misread your note. Sorry man.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 334 times
Been liked: 138 times

Wyokie wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:01 pm
WyomingAgJ wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:02 pm I think the biggest mistake in scheduling this was that it wasn't scheduled for BYU to come to Laramie first. I fully agree that I think they will buy out the second game, same as many of the other p5 schools have in the past, which is why it was good on some of the other more recent home and homes that are scheduled that we have the p5 schools scheduled to come to Laramie first (Texas Tech, Utah, Cal).

I don't know why we didn't do that with BYU. That should have been a minimum requirement for scheduling the series.
Um, Oregon?
Correct BUT....the first game of that home-&-home series was in 2014 in Eugene, Oregon.
Correct, that’s what a home and home is. I don’t get the point. Oregon honored the home and home contract. BYU won’t.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 49 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:07 pm
Wyokie wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:01 pm

Um, Oregon?
Correct BUT....the first game of that home-&-home series was in 2014 in Eugene, Oregon.
Correct, that’s what a home and home is. I don’t get the point. Oregon honored the home and home contract. BYU won’t.
Me neither. Just wanted to make sure we have all the facts. BTW, I agree with most of you...there aint no way BYU will honor their contract.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
WesternJustice
Buckaroo

BYU fan here. Been reading your board. You guys hate us even more than I thought! 😂

I just wanted to make a few points:

1) I think you can beat us this weekend. We’re overrated. Our two starting WR are out. Our DL is our greatest weakness and now we have 2 starting DL out and 2 more playing injured. We can’t generate a pass rush or stop the run. We’re just gonna play prevent D. Ticks me off, but we don’t have the personnel. 4-5 yard plays should be there all night. Dink and Dunk, and dont make mistakes and you’ll win.

2) The 14 Wyoming black players that stood up were instrumental in causing the LDS church to rethink its anti-black leadership policies that they had in place for over a hundred years (blacks were in the priesthood when the church started but then it was later forbidden for no good reason). I think we’re all proud of those young men making a difference in ways bigger than football.

3) You can now get caffeinated Coke at the stadium 😂👍🏻. See! We made progress this decade of independence! 😂 Still can’t get a beer though. Sorry. Just stash a flask. Seriously. I would. They only check bags not pockets. 🤷‍♂️

4) I know many of you don’t consider us Christian. I get it. We’re different in some ways but make no mistake, Jesus is my Savior. He died for me as he did you. I hope he will forgive me and my sins (Heaven knows I need it). Call me what you will.

5) I hope for a great game this weekend. I’d rather not see anybody get hurt (or nut-punched 😬), but it is football😂. Kalani is a more loving guy than Bronco. Different team culture. Drive safe guys if you’re coming down. I hope you have a better time in Provo this time. Looking forward to an old-school matchup (and hopefully a win😉). I miss the old rivalries.

God bless.
Last edited by WesternJustice on Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

0% chance BYU comes to Laramie. I listen to Utah Sports Radio during the day and they are already saying this will likely be the last time these schools ever play each other.
WesternJustice
Buckaroo

djm19 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:43 pm 0% chance BYU comes to Laramie. I listen to Utah Sports Radio during the day and they are already saying this will likely be the last time these schools ever play each other.
This is not an issue of right or wrong guys. The agreement is clear: BYU plays in Laramie OR there they pay you a bunch of money. And it’ll happen. Trouble is, we had 9 games scheduled the next time we were slated to play and have to cancel all but three. Would you schedule Wyoming if you were us? The Pokes can beat you in Laramie and the Cougs will be lucky to be .500 in a new bigger conference. We need absolute cupcakes for non-conference and Wyoming in Laramie is anything but an absolute cupcake. Do you blame us?!
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

So is Western Justice and Pokes are People the same poster?
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

This "honoring" the contract talk is a bit overblown. If somebody buys out a game.... It's not breaking a contract.
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:19 pm So is Western Justice and Pokes are People the same poster?
That's pretty insulting actually.

I applaud that guy for coming on board here and showing more class than most who view BYU as somehow beneath our presence, talk about entitled?

Okay, so I guess I have to say it because some here continue to position themselves as infants.

I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but I believe that any faith outside of Jesus Christ and the original and inspired word of God may as well be in a cult. This is my opinion.

By the way, how much does a subscription cost to that other Wyoming board?
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand

Also.

I believe that BYU will be in Laramie the next time they are currently scheduled to.

I look forward to their appearance then.

For now, beat their f-word ass.

Go Pokes!
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

307bball wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:37 pm This "honoring" the contract talk is a bit overblown. If somebody buys out a game.... It's not breaking a contract.
The point is, most believe when the contract was drawn, and the games were scheduled, BYU had no intention of EVER playing in Laramie.
WesternJustice
Buckaroo

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:19 pm So is Western Justice and Pokes are People the same poster?
No. You know, this thread is so paranoid and negative that someone posted the URL to cougarboard.com, our forum site. I’m sure dozens and dozens of Cougs have read this today.
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand

WesternJustice wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:44 pm
No. You know, this thread is so paranoid and negative that someone posted the URL to cougarboard.com, our forum site. I’m sure dozens and dozens of Cougs have read this today.
Allow me to take this opportunity to apologize for the vast amount of Wyoming football fans who were obviously in attendance this past Saturday at Autzen Stadium in Eugene, Oregon.
WesternJustice
Buckaroo

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:41 pm
307bball wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:37 pm This "honoring" the contract talk is a bit overblown. If somebody buys out a game.... It's not breaking a contract.
The point is, most believe when the contract was drawn, and the games were scheduled, BYU had no intention of EVER playing in Laramie.
As part of EVERY contract BYU made during independence there is a lengthy clause addressing changes to the schedule should BYU be invited to a P5. It was upfront, right there. Don’t believe me? Get the contract. It’s public domain. I’ve seen a couple in news articles. They gotta cancel the whole schedule except 3 games. Would you keep Wyoming in Laramie when starting your first couple years in a super tough conference? Naw. That’d be one I’d cancel. Good chance you lose.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:49 pm
Allow me to take this opportunity to apologize for the vast amount of Wyoming football fans who were obviously in attendance this past Saturday at Autzen Stadium in Eugene, Oregon.
Speak for yourself. You have totally missed the pint of this whole post. BYU we’re the racists who caused the whole Black 14 thing. Why don’t you apologize for thinking Eaton handled it the right way. He didn’t!!!!! I don’t are if he was a great coach. He screwed the pooch on this one. He should have supported them and the racism they encountered! He didn’t!!!!. And then you make the comment you did about us being in Oregon. I’m not a bigot, or a racist. I never wanted to ever play BYU again for good reasons! Many of which have been mentioned here, and still YOU DONT GET IT!!!You’ve got it all backwards, son!
Last edited by Itsux2beaewe on Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:59 pm
PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:49 pm
Speak for yourself. You have totally missed the pint of this whole post. BYU we’re the racists who caused the whole Black 14 thing. Why don’t you apologize for thinking Eaton handled it the right way. He didn’t!!!!! He should have supporters them and the racist stance. And then you turn around and make the comment you did about us being in Oregon. You’ve got it all backwards, kid.
I stand with former coach Lloyd Eaton 1000%.

I can assure you that there are others who look at this board and comment that agree with me as well.

They just won't say so because they've been conditioned to keep their thoughts to themselves.

That's okay, I'll say it for them.

Go Pokes!
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand

I hope it's okay that I can state I stand with the late Lloyd Eaton.

I'm far from alone.
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 41 times

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yep, checked it out. Their thread was almost as long as this one and apparently the feeling is mutual :rofl: I even got quoted by one of them!

Go Pokes!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 49 times

ZapPoke wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:25 pm

Yep, checked it out. Their thread was almost as long as this one and apparently the feeling is mutual :rofl: I even got quoted by one of them!

Go Pokes!
I'm afraid to ask but did anybody over there quote me?
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

Wyokie wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:32 pm
ZapPoke wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:25 pm

Go Pokes!
I'm afraid to ask but did anybody over there quote me?
I don’t care if I’m quoted, I’ll stand behind anything/all of what I’ve said.