Conway as a WR

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 134 times

laxwyo wrote:I think we should still hang for stealing cattle. I'm sure it's still on the books in a few places
Cattle theft is punished throughout the US and to my knowledge no president has said to ignore it.

Punishment by hanging is not an approved method for the death penalty.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 134 times

WyoBrandX wrote: If the law isn't worth enforcing, it shouldn't be a law at all. Seriously, how can we expect our citizens to obey the law when we don't enforce the law?

Our laws are beyond stupid at this point - it is ridiculous. We need to repeal many laws. When you enforce the ones you like, and can chose the ones you don't like, and then can chose to enforce a law because you don't like a person, you have problems.
No, I want the government to operate under the guidance of the constitution. We the people elect lawmakers. Our representatives voted that marijuana is illegal. The president is bound by the constitution to uphold the law. He is not a dictator that can choose what he wants to do.

If we as a society want the marijuana laws turned over to the states, then we task our federal representatives to legalize marijuana.

As you state, many laws probably need repealed.

Where your argument with respect to marijuana falls apart is that our federal government still enforces the marijuana laws in other states. Obama does not have the constitutional right to turn over the marijuana decision to the states. Our legislative branch needs to do that.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

laxwyo wrote:I think we should still hang for stealing cattle. I'm sure it's still on the books in a few places
I'm going to guess spitting on the sidewalk, looking cross-eyed at my wife, and and flushing the toilet twice are also illegal. Killing a mosquito in cali.

Laws should be made to keep citizens safe from each other. I should not be able to hurt you without being accountable. I should be able to live in my house and do what I want without anyone messing with me.

If I intend to hurt others, for example, I'm building something in my garage to hurt others, yeah, that is a problem.

If I build a nuclear power station in my garage that could be more efficient than most of our existing nuclear reactors, well, thats complicated. (do i live on a ranch, in a town, in an apartment, etc)

Laws need to be enforced. Politicians can't get re-elected when they aren't showboating though. New politicians can't get elected without standing on a soap box and scaring everyone to death.

"If it is worthy of passing as a law, it is worth of enforcing as a law " -- WyoBrandX - 2016
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

ragtimejoe1 wrote:No, I want the government to operate under the guidance of the constitution. We the people elect lawmakers. Our representatives voted that marijuana is illegal. The president is bound by the constitution to uphold the law. He is not a dictator that can choose what he wants to do.
Wyobrandx wrote:
I agree with that. The interesting part of this is Colorado (let's exclude Washington and Alaska) had a constitutional convention in 1876. . 100 years later, Colorado passed a constitutional amendment making weed legal. The US government decided that the Constitution of Colorado was ok in 1876 and admitted them.
ragtimejoe1 wrote:
If we as a society want the marijuana laws turned over to the states, then we task our federal representatives to legalize marijuana.
WyoBrandX wrote:
Yep - that needs to happen. A state amended its constitution to make legal what is illegal at the federal level. The states need to decide this on their own. Obama has said this. He has screwed up because this is no longer a federal issue - it is a state issue. The laws should be enforced on the books. If the law is stupid, sucks, is no good, etc, it shouldn't be a damn law to begin with.

What happens if our federal government decides murder is legal ( some could argue that they already do)?
As you state, many laws probably need repealed.
ragtimejoe1 wrote:
Where your argument with respect to marijuana falls apart is that our federal government still enforces the marijuana laws in other states. Obama does not have the constitutional right to turn over the marijuana decision to the states. Our legislative branch needs to do that.
WyoBrandX wrote: I can't really argue with that. If it is the law, it must be enforced. If it is stupid, it must be repealed. And the drug laws are stupid.

Lets instead take the 50 billion a year we are spending on the drug war and instead give addicts a warm bed, have doctors study the addiction and mental health problems, and keep the rest of citizens from being harmed. Our bang for the buck would go alot further than it does now.
SLCPoke
Cowpoke

Time to move this out of the football board or jump back on topic? Anyways....If Conway can pull off the dual sport this is huge for the Cowboys. Still get Conway on the hardwood without using a scholarship. Not sure I'd rather have him on the football field over the basketball court. I think if we can land him on both sides this is a big win but makes me nervous about losing him in basketball, especially if he is playing WR which seems to be one of the positions with the most potential depth.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 151 times
Been liked: 156 times

We need him at pg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

laxwyo wrote:We need him at pg

Reading the newspaper articles this week, my guess is he is going to play football. Not sure he will try both but pretty convinced he is sticking it out with football.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Wyolie Coyote wrote:
laxwyo wrote:We need him at pg

Reading the newspaper articles this week, my guess is he is going to play football. Not sure he will try both but pretty convinced he is sticking it out with football.
I'm not so sure.....he is on a basketball scholarship. He would need to stick out as a wr to earn a scholarship. Maybe he will....but it isn't like the cupboards are bare. It took a year before last years starting safety was awarded a scholarship.

I think he is a basketball player first and football is he can get some PT.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 622 times
Been liked: 256 times

I think he could have a much bigger impact as the pg of the bball team.IMO we've actually got some pretty good talent at both WR and at DB, too. So good talent at positions he'd likely play. Stick to basketball...
tipiring
Buckaroo

There is a document that preceded the constitution called the Declaration of Independence. That document has a clause that says "they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." As long as our pursuit of happiness does not cause harm to anyone else, those rights must be protected. To suggest that an individual using cannabis, particularly in private, is harming others, is a stretch of reason.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

I would love for him to try to play both sports. But that is a hard thing to do and needs cooperation from both teams/coaches in addition to a a lot of effort from the player. If he chooses just one? I think he has the skills to be very good at either sport. I think he might personally have more potential as a football player but would have more effect on the team as a basketball player. One of many WR in a position that seems to have decent young talent vs one of 13 players on a basketball team and currently on of 2 players to run the pg position. So if he can only pick one I would want him to pick basketball but will also be excited to see him on the field.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

TSpoke wrote:I would love for him to try to play both sports. But that is a hard thing to do and needs cooperation from both teams/coaches in addition to a a lot of effort from the player. If he chooses just one? I think he has the skills to be very good at either sport. I think he might personally have more potential as a football player but would have more effect on the team as a basketball player. One of many WR in a position that seems to have decent young talent vs one of 13 players on a basketball team and currently on of 2 players to run the pg position. So if he can only pick one I would want him to pick basketball but will also be excited to see him on the field.
Agreed. He was looked at for both sports by bigger schools, and could be really good either way. But it is easier for one guy to impact a basketball game than a football game, especially a PG vs a WR. Will be interesting to see how it all unfolds though
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

One area that people aren't considering Conway on the football field yet: How would he be as a returner?
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

joshvanklomp wrote:One area that people aren't considering Conway on the football field yet: How would he be as a returner?
I brought that up somewhere, I guess it got lost in all the talk about Marijuana haha :lol:

It seems to me like he's too small to catch balls in traffic. And I don't want to rely on guys like gentry or wingard who are extremely valuable to be returning kicks or punts.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

joshvanklomp wrote:One area that people aren't considering Conway on the football field yet: How would he be as a returner?
I've been talking about that with a friend, how we need return help, plus that could save him for basketball, if he really is going to try both
NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

I thought this would be a great idea. He would be fresh for kick and punt returns and that would hopefully make him and us more dynamic. Plus he would hopefully be able to avoid big hits, but as Wyokoke has said, he has proved that he isn't the best at avoiding big hits.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 622 times
Been liked: 256 times

We already have Davion Freeman coming off redshirt who is probably just as dynamic of a returner and has been called the fastest player on the team. I guess he should follow his heart, but I would like him to stick to basketball.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

They are already looking at Conway as a returner. He has been fielding punts and kick offs.

He looks great in open space and he seems to be able to make people miss and get through some tackles for his small size from watching that high school tape. We will see if he can do it at the college level though.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

I didn't see this posted on this board. It was posted on the other board so I thought I would post it here so you can see how Austin looked at football in high school. He is fast and shifty as hell. This is why bigger schools were recruiting him for football. I think he will be good at it.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1729742/hig ... /118842383

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

He is a player that we didn't have a chance of signing for football. So in that way this could be a great coup for the football team. I still want to see what he can do on the basketball court so I would like him to stay there. If he can pull off the 2 way that would be even better. We'll have to see what happens.
Follow your heart kid and we'll cheer for you either way.