New unis are coming

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Wyokie wrote:
mnewman92 wrote:They're slick. Too bad with Bohl we won't get different uniform combos. Thicker helmet stripe I like. Numbers on sleeve not so much because there is already a design on them.

Plus there's something on our pants again! But I agree we need a brown helmet, pants and a gold jersey as well. Plus names on the back. But overall I'm satisfied. Same font as basketball. No more WYO! #FireBohl
That's the main reason I love this new uniforms.

BTW, during our Roach-Tiller years, the unis didn't have names on the back except for the bowl games and WAC title game in Vegas. So, I have no problem with not having names on the back.

AND thank Gawd there's NO brown helmets!!!! :tickedoff:
There's a way to do it. Collectively earn your name. Conf champ or bowl game. You get your name. Next year starts blank again. You get a bowl or conf champ and bowl... Earn your name.
Until then, Cowboys across the back, because instead of individuals that is who they are when they play in this uni.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

I like them. If you have to go with the three color scheme, that's the way to do it.

I would prefer a brown helmet, especially since there are those that say it's "winning tradition" and lucky. The last 20 years certainly haven't been lucky or a "winning tradition".

I'm glad the duck wings are gone. Those were an abomination to all things not Oregon, regardless of the massive importance of structural integrity through thin threads on the shoulders. I wonder if our new jerseys will fall off of our players without that duck wing stitched in them to keep them on? :cool:

I agree about the spot of brown on the pants. I guess they have to have one thing on all of our jerseys that just doesn't make sense. It must be some kind of clothing designer fung sway to keep the pants from falling apart, similar to the ridiculous duck wings :D
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Not bad....not bad....now some wins would be nice.....
mnewman92
Buckaroo

Wyokie wrote:
mnewman92 wrote:They're slick. Too bad with Bohl we won't get different uniform combos. Thicker helmet stripe I like. Numbers on sleeve not so much because there is already a design on them.

Plus there's something on our pants again! But I agree we need a brown helmet, pants and a gold jersey as well. Plus names on the back. But overall I'm satisfied. Same font as basketball. No more WYO! #FireBohl
That's the main reason I love this new uniforms.

BTW, during our Roach-Tiller years, the unis didn't have names on the back except for the bowl games and WAC title game in Vegas. So, I have no problem with not having names on the back.

AND thank Gawd there's NO brown helmets!!!! :tickedoff:
It's easier in basketball to tell who's who with no names compared to football in my opinion. Also didn't the brown helmets from the Christensen era only last like 2 seasons?
evilpoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Not a fan of white-brown-gold combo. Loved white-gold-brown from a few years ago.
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

The aesthetics of athletics has fascinated me since I was a kid.

Upgrades: 'WYOMING' across the front of the uniform, this I love. Letter style western themed font for numbers (and wording) is sharp and catches the flavor of our great state. Steamboat shield on the front is a subtle, yet a nice touch, imo. Striping around the shoulder area is bold and looks great. The thicker helmet stripe is very nice. The road uniform really 'pops' now, as compared to the 2 previous seasons with a road ensemble I never could get attached to. A darker brown facemask is something I give another thumbs up to. The discarding of the 'duck wings' on the shoulders is a welcomed change.

Negatives: There is only one and it doesn't bother me as much as some others here, but not running the pant-stripe the entire length of the pants makes the set less than what it could be if they did that. I'd have also outlined the full pants brown stipe with white to enhance it more.

Summation: I really dig this look, it really embodies who we are, the program, the state, and it has some features that harken back to some of the designs worn previously over the years. On a scale of 1-10 I give it a solid 9, as it mixes our traditional colors very nicely and I think it'll look great on the field. I don't mind the lack of NOB at all, in fact, I find it pretty unique in this era of sports. Gonna be fun to watch Brian Hill once again terrorize opposing defenses in these new threads.

I only hope that these uniforms (the jersey's specifically) will be made available for purchase, and I'm not talking replica, but actual authentic threads. For $150 I'd scoop one up quickly. Signing day is just around the corner!
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

i know it probably won't be popular but I think they are wacked! To me they look like a throwback from the 80's. All comparisons to winning and losing aside, we had a chance to do it right and step up the flare and we flopped. Nike would have created whatever we wanted and we went with this? Wyoming had a chance to be different, unique, and we went with what appears to be a high school look. Two jerseys and one set of pants. Fail!
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

Hell, Natrona has more combos and unis than the University!
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

Slow Hand wrote:i know it probably won't be popular but I think they are wacked! To me they look like a throwback from the 80's. All comparisons to winning and losing aside, we had a chance to do it right and step up the flare and we flopped. Nike would have created whatever we wanted and we went with this? Wyoming had a chance to be different, unique, and we went with what appears to be a high school look. Two jerseys and one set of pants. Fail!
I'd argue that by going simple we are actually being different. Everyone and their dog is going with multiple combos, neon, etc. Doing what everyone else is doing is, by definition, the opposite of being unique.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

BackHarlowRoad wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:i know it probably won't be popular but I think they are wacked! To me they look like a throwback from the 80's. All comparisons to winning and losing aside, we had a chance to do it right and step up the flare and we flopped. Nike would have created whatever we wanted and we went with this? Wyoming had a chance to be different, unique, and we went with what appears to be a high school look. Two jerseys and one set of pants. Fail!
I'd argue that by going simple we are actually being different. Everyone and their dog is going with multiple combos, neon, etc. Doing what everyone else is doing is, by definition, the opposite of being unique.[/quote

I suppose you could argue that point although it seems to be a stretch. I know my opinion won't be popular among many, and some will try to equate unis to winning and losing but it really has no bearing on how hard kids play. I look at it as marketing our university. Like it or not Oregon has established themselves with a brand that is undeniable. People recognize them regardless of the color combo they wear. I know we aren't Oregon but we had a chance to raise the bar a little in the MWC and we failed miserably. IMHO.
Last edited by Slow Hand on Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

It's not a stretch. It's logic. I completely see your point, but your argument isn't whether or not we are unique. The University of Wyoming is unique in a plethora of ways, including these uniforms and our color scheme.

Your argument is whether doing our own thing is better for marketing and recruiting purposes, or if following the mold of everyone else is, and you have a very valid point.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

BackHarlowRoad wrote:It's not a stretch. It's logic. I completely see your point, but your argument isn't whether or not we are unique. The University of Wyoming is unique in a plethora of ways, including these uniforms and our color scheme.

Your argument is whether doing our own thing is better for marketing and recruiting purposes, or if following the mold of everyone else is, and you have a very valid point.
I can agree with your assertion. I just feel we could have blown the lid right off of the MWC and the results were a disappointment. :(
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 119 times

Yabadabadoo wrote:I only hope that these uniforms (the jersey's specifically) will be made available for purchase, and I'm not talking replica, but actual authentic threads. For $150 I'd scoop one up quickly. Signing day is just around the corner!
I know you're talking about getting this new jersey (which is probably a long shot, unfortunately), but you can get old game used jerseys at the Brown & Gold in Laramie for $60. I picked up a Jim Talich jersey (no name, but right number and right era) that's pretty similar style wise to this one.

MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 38 times

I think that's what they were going for. Just a modernized version. The template they used was the Ohio State alternates.
ImageImageImageImage
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

A little disappointed with no return of the brown helmet. I don't miss the previous coach much, but I do miss the uniforms we wore while he was around.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

So we use another team's alternate unis as a template? Man that is so disappointing.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Don't love em don't hate em, But the Brown Helmet should have been used disappointed they used the same old poop helmet. Brown & Gold Pants and Shirts along with the White shirt and a Brown Helmet.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 38 times

Slow Hand wrote:So we use another team's alternate unis as a template? Man that is so disappointing.
Literally every single team's uniforms are built off of templates, slightly customized for each school. You can see the templates on Nike's site. They don't create a new template for all 200+ schools they probably sponsor.
ImageImageImageImage
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

cowpoke pride wrote:A little disappointed with no return of the brown helmet. I don't miss the previous coach much, but I do miss the uniforms we wore while he was around.
CDC understood the impact and importance of uniforms and branding. I too miss the unis we used to have.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 135 times

I think the uniforms fit Bohl's described vision of this team and program. He told us the identity he wanted to create and I think these uniforms are exactly in line with exactly what he described he wanted to do. We have lacked an identity and this is his way of "branding" and embodying that vision.

I've said from day 1 that I would have preferred a little different approach, but I am in support for at minimum of 4 years. With that, I support these, too, and hope like heck his system and branding works.

We'll see.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.