Our 'boys at the Buck.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 324 times
Been liked: 127 times

BeaverPoke wrote:Funny that you assume only 21 year olds are the only ones going to the bar.
Hell there's been recruits in there along with tons of freshman.
Really? Seriously? UW students under the age of 21 are "going to the bar"? Recruits and freshman too?

You should contact the NCAA. This is an outrage. :willybs:

Lack of institutional control!
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

McPeachy wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:Funny that you assume only 21 year olds are the only ones going to the bar.
Really? Seriously? UW students under the age of 21 are "going to the bar"? Recruits and freshman too?

Next thing we will hear is that their is premarital the deed going on.............
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Wait wait wait, so you have been saying they are 21 the whole time, then I point out that the recruits and freshman are also there, and you give me the "no-poop" argument? Then why have you been arguing that they are 21 the whole time if you know they aren't?

I know it goes on every where, but if the way Wyo gets recruits to join the team is by taking them to the Buck when they are 17 year old seniors in high school, that shows a lot right there.
That shouldn't be the type of kids we are going after.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 324 times
Been liked: 127 times

BeaverPoke wrote:Wait wait wait, so you have been saying they are 21 the whole time, then I point out that the recruits and freshman are also there, and you give me the "no-poop" argument? Then why have you been arguing that they are 21 the whole time if you know they aren't?

I know it goes on every where, but if the way Wyo gets recruits to join the team is by taking them to the Buck when they are 17 year old seniors in high school, that shows a lot right there.

Hang on a second - are you saying that UNDERAGE UW football players - that played earlier in the day, were in the Buck Saturday night?

If so, that is very much different - I misunderstood. My bad.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

I can't say for sure if there were underage players at the buck after the game, because I haven't been to the Buck in a very long time.
But every time I have been there I have seen numerous underage football players.
Kind of sucks when you wait so long for your 21st b-day, go to a bar, and when you walk in, kids younger than you are in there acting like they own the place already.

If I were to bet on whether there were 18-20 year old Wyo football players at the Buck saturday night, I would bet heavily on yes.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 1 time

I think it is in everyone's best interest to stop posting on this thread. We don't want to be the cause of anything. Just like any university, college kids will be college kids. Like I said earlier, if you are upset with kids being out at the bars or laughing on the sidelines, blame the coaching staff. They set the rules and create that type of atmosphere that allows for this to go on.
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

wyocowboy2014 wrote:I think it is in everyone's best interest to stop posting on this thread. We don't want to be the cause of anything. Especially when much of being said is assumptions, not facts. Just like any university, college kids will be college kids. Like I said earlier, if you are upset with kids being out at the bars or laughing on the sidelines, blame the coaching staff. They set the rules and create that type of atmosphere that allows for this to go on.
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time

McPeachy wrote:
First off, I DID NOT say it was a "good idea" in my post. Where did you get that from? Second, they are 21, and they are responsible for their own actions (and lack of actions). DC, Burman, Shyatt, etal are not the player Da Da's...these are big boys, making big boy decisions.

Further, We didn't have a player killed stumbling out of a bar. Unless you consider "stumbling out of a bar" as: Climbing a 10 foot fence, and then trying to jump from one moving train to another moving train, hammered. And there is more to that story as well.
So if it's not a good idea, does that mean it's a bad idea?

With that and the Martinez incident last year, I can't believe it's not a team rule. I get what you're saying about them being old enough to make their own decisions, but kids of that age do tend to make dumb decisions. I would at least like to see a rule that prohibits being in the bars during the season. Aren't they in training?
thirtyseven
Ranch Hand

Wyovanian wrote:Sounds like a culture of disrespect- for their program, the school, and themselves.
Sounds like college kids having fun. They are students trying to have a good time. I am sure they didn't like getting their a$$ handed to them but they are still students.

The fact remains fans will always reflect back on the game but the players have lives outside of football.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

The problem occurs when the Pokes play like they've been to the Buck BEFORE the game.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

BeaverPoke wrote:Wait wait wait, so you have been saying they are 21 the whole time, then I point out that the recruits and freshman are also there, and you give me the "no-poop" argument? Then why have you been arguing that they are 21 the whole time if you know they aren't?

:orly:

ummmmm ever been on a recruiting visit? It isn't just to show the weightroom! COME ON!
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Adv8RU12 wrote:The problem occurs when the Pokes play like they've been to the Buck BEFORE the game.
Is this a rumor or based on fact...is there word going around that there was some barely pops swallowed the night before?
cowboyz
Cowpoke

Ran into an ex-player who said that this was okay with the coaches as long as you were 21 years old. If you were under 21, there would be hell to pay.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

BJC wrote:
Adv8RU12 wrote:The problem occurs when the Pokes play like they've been to the Buck BEFORE the game.
Is this a rumor or based on fact...is there word going around that there was some barely pops swallowed the night before?
No, no, no. I said they PLAYED like they had been to the Buck - like an hour before for a 3 martini lunch. ;)
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

wyocowboy2014 wrote:I think it is in everyone's best interest to stop posting on this thread. We don't want to be the cause of anything. Just like any university, college kids will be college kids. Like I said earlier, if you are upset with kids being out at the bars or laughing on the sidelines, blame the coaching staff. They set the rules and create that type of atmosphere that allows for this to go on.
So you think after x pages that stuffing our collective heads in the sand is going to make this thread disappear?

College kids will be college kids, true. Scholarship football MEN need to act accordingly.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

BJC wrote:

:orly:

ummmmm ever been on a recruiting visit? It isn't just to show the weightroom! COME ON!

Doesn't make it right!
The Virginian
Cowpoke

cowboyz wrote:Ran into an ex-player who said that this was okay with the coaches as long as you were 21 years old. If you were under 21, there would be hell to pay.
I have no problem with a player who's of age going to a bar on his free time. He's an adult, afterall. I think the galling aspect of this is the lack of sensitivity on the part of the football players to the feeling of their fans. Showing up at the Buck to have a good time after your most hated rival handed you your ass is not the best public relations move in the world. It shows a real lack of respect to the fans. Look, I can understand wanting to drown your sorrows after that debaucle, but in this case the players should have done it out of the public eye. In my humble opinion.
This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

The Virginian wrote:
cowboyz wrote:Ran into an ex-player who said that this was okay with the coaches as long as you were 21 years old. If you were under 21, there would be hell to pay.
I have no problem with a player who's of age going to a bar on his free time. He's an adult, afterall. I think the galling aspect of this is the lack of sensitivity on the part of the football players to the feeling of their fans. Showing up at the Buck to have a good time after your most hated rival handed you your ass is not the best public relations move in the world. It shows a real lack of respect to the fans. Look, I can understand wanting to drown your sorrows after that debaucle, but in this case the players should have done it out of the public eye. In my humble opinion.
+dozens

:thumb:
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
BJC
A Real Cowboy

McPeachy wrote:

NCAA prez at the game right now....here it comes