Any current pictures from the AA? Nirv? Cup?

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Cowduck wrote:
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:Hate it. Looks rushed and unfinished. When did our colors become white? Aren't we brown and gold?
For once and for all, it isn't white, it is natural wood. You can clearly see the woodgrain in the pic, and if you don't believe that then go look at the earlier pic posted on the first page of the thread. And it will look awesome on TV, which is the point.

"The Steamboat at midcourt isn't brown and gold" is some next level bellyaching. Seriously, people.
For once and for all, our colors aren't natural woodgrain. They're Brown and Gold. "Natural wood grain" doesn't say Wyoming. You know what looks really really good on TV? Our football field and guess what, its most redeeming quality is its Brown and Gold. :twocents:
Cowduck
Cowpoke

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
Cowduck wrote:
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:Hate it. Looks rushed and unfinished. When did our colors become white? Aren't we brown and gold?
For once and for all, it isn't white, it is natural wood. You can clearly see the woodgrain in the pic, and if you don't believe that then go look at the earlier pic posted on the first page of the thread. And it will look awesome on TV, which is the point.

"The Steamboat at midcourt isn't brown and gold" is some next level bellyaching. Seriously, people.
For once and for all, our colors aren't natural woodgrain. They're Brown and Gold. "Natural wood grain" doesn't say Wyoming. You know what looks really really good on TV? Our football field and guess what, its most redeeming quality is its Brown and Gold. :twocents:
"Natural wood isn't a school color" is a worse argument when we're talking about, you know, a hardwood basketball court. We didn't paint the whole football field brown and/or gold, those are end zone colors much like brown and gold are the colors for the boundary lines and the key. If we did a big ass brown/gold Steamboat in the middle of the court that takes up a third of it, it would look garish. The two-tone wood is classy and understated. I would be fine with a "school color" steamboat in the middle of the court if it was old school and not much bigger than the tip off circle, but the big Steamboat looks f-word awesome with two tone wood and would look overbearing in brown and gold.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 156 times
Been liked: 157 times

White isn't a school color but last I saw there's plenty of it on our jerseys. What looks better? Natural stained wood cabinets or ones painted? Enough said. The steamboat looks badass as is.
W-Y, Until I Die!
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 1 time

Imagecourt by sneaker2014, on Flickr
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

Well it's definitely not likely to garner the attention the field did. I'm excited for Basketball but that's a travesty imo.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

wyocowboy2014 wrote:Imagecourt by sneaker2014, on Flickr
I guess it'll just take getting used to. I hate the idea of an "uncolored" Steamboat. I suppose the university had their reasons. And hell, if the Pokes win court the could be pink for all I care. The LED boards on the outside are going to be cool.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

Boy, that looks really sharp to me.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

I think the other thing that everyone needs to consider is the addition of many new focal points in the AA and even more over the next couple of years. Previously, the only real focal point was the steamboat on the court. Now, we will have huge video boards, baseline LED screens, suites eventually, and I am assuming an LED scorer's bench. With all of that being added, maybe the thought was to tone down the court to showcase some of the new technologies that are being added to the AA. I can only hope that they do the below for intros as well. I sent it to Kevin McKinney a while back, would be awesome to have. Unfortunatley, I doubt this happens. The technology is about $1M per team (source: http://tinyurl.com/mnfh9bp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
wyopig
Ranch Hand

That's real????
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Cuttslam wrote:Boy, that looks really sharp to me.
I agree.....I like it and it is unique.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Cowduck wrote:
"Natural wood isn't a school color" is a worse argument when we're talking about, you know, a hardwood basketball court. We didn't paint the whole football field brown and/or gold, those are end zone colors much like brown and gold are the colors for the boundary lines and the key. If we did a big ass brown/gold Steamboat in the middle of the court that takes up a third of it, it would look garish. The two-tone wood is classy and understated. I would be fine with a "school color" steamboat in the middle of the court if it was old school and not much bigger than the tip off circle, but the big Steamboat looks f-word awesome with two tone wood and would look overbearing in brown and gold.
This +1000! You have a choice, small Steamboat with school colors or large Steamboat in the natural wood appearance. Large Steamboat in school colors would look like $hit IMO.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

Sweet video, there's even a Larry Nance Sr. reference around the 45 second mark.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

WestWYOPoke wrote:
Cowduck wrote:
This +1000! You have a choice, small Steamboat with school colors or large Steamboat in the natural wood appearance. Large Steamboat in school colors would look like $hit IMO.
What?!?!?! Steamboat in Brown wouldn't look good... :eek: ...poop you better tell the university this so they quit using it ON EVERYTHING. Its called brand recognition. Our brand isn't a "clear" steamboat...Its Brown and Gold steamboat. Thats my point.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 156 times
Been liked: 157 times

That video floor is awesome
W-Y, Until I Die!
Cowduck
Cowpoke

Wyo2dal wrote:Well it's definitely not likely to garner the attention the field did. I'm excited for Basketball but that's a travesty imo.
A TRAVESTY??? You know what is a goddamned travesty? The fact that we haven't played an NCAA tournament game in 13 years, that's what is a travesty.

We get a much-needed, economically sane but high quality arena renovation and people want to bitch about a floor design that is at worst inoffensive and is actually (in a right-thinking person's mind) classy and eye-catching. That's not a travesty. People will complain about literally anything around here.
Cowduck
Cowpoke

Cowduck wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:Well it's definitely not likely to garner the attention the field did. I'm excited for Basketball but that's a travesty imo.
A TRAVESTY??? You know what is a goddamned travesty? The fact that we haven't played an NCAA tournament game in 13 years, that's what is a travesty.

We get a much-needed, economically sane but high quality arena renovation and people want to bitch about a floor design that is at worst inoffensive and is actually (in a right-thinking person's mind) classy and eye-catching. That's not a travesty. People will complain about literally anything around here.
And, to be clear, I recognize that I recently called the digi-camo football unis a "war crime" so I am not unaware I can be prone to hyperbole. ;)
VisorHair
Ranch Hand

wyocowboy2014 wrote:Imagecourt by sneaker2014, on Flickr

F'ing LOVE it. The contrast is outstanding. Why sweat over the color of the steamboat? The entire arena is b&g!

"In this geographical area; Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, and Western Kansas - there's a new Sheriff in town." - Coach Bohl
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
WestWYOPoke wrote:
Cowduck wrote:
What?!?!?! Steamboat in Brown wouldn't look good... :eek: ...poop you better tell the university this so they quit using it ON EVERYTHING. Its called brand recognition. Our brand isn't a "clear" steamboat...Its Brown and Gold steamboat. Thats my point.
Way to take my post out of context. I said a LARGE Brown and Gold Steamboat would look bad. And large is in reference to the court. A 45 foot tall Brown and Gold Steamboat on a 50 foot wide court would be too much IMO. Now if it were 15 feet tall, go for it, color the $hit out of it. And as far as our official "brand" is concerned, I guarantee you the state doesn't give a crap if it's brown or bright purple with polka dots, it's the logo that is OURS regardless of color.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

Cowduck wrote:

What fans think of the floor has nothing to do with us playing it the NCAA tournament and if you think the floor is classy that is your opinion but don't expect everyone to agree with your opinion and don't blow a gasket and bitch when someone has one.

Some people will like it and some will hate it just like what was going on with the Football uniforms what we had before Nike was just plain poop uniforms and while they didn't bring the house down I liked multiple options yet other people hated them.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

IMO it has a Wyoming Cowboy "woodgrain" flair. It will probably darken some over time.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.