It sure seems

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 252 times

laxwyo wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:33 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:01 pm
Itsux2beaewe wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:00 am You should prolly take one for the team here and hike Linder up to the highest lake. Find him some golden trout.
I’ll volunteer. I’ve got a special spot for goldens up in the Tayo lakes area. Not an easy hike and not much of a trail to this spot, but we could throw in an hire some outfitters to get his gear and family up there.
Is that coming in from the Lander side then? I've been trying to figure out where to start looking for lakes to fish. Lived here my whole life and have never done the pack into the Winds for fishing.
You can actually access this spot from 3 sides. The loop road, Sweetwater gap or big Sandy even.

There isn’t a bad place to fish in the Winds to be honest. 2000+ lakes and countless drainages there is always somewhere new to explore. There are various guidebooks out there that detail the fish species in the various lakes and those can be helpful but not always accurate. The golden trout are stocked in a few lakes and you can get that information from game and fish. They also naturally reproduce in a few lakes.