Die Hard Cowboy Fans First Visit To Laramie

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
wyopig
Ranch Hand

NewYorksCowboy wrote:Hey all,

Thanks so much for all the Great Information, We just got our tickets, in section 21 supposedly its near the Student Section? Sounds like its gonna be a hell of a time! Really looking forward to it, and hanging with the best fans in the world!!!

CANT WAIT!

GO POKES!
You ought to actually sit in the student section. It's all General Admission, and every Wyoming fan should sit there at least once.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Cool!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 38 times

I just read your story on Gagliardi's blog.. EXCELLENT!
ImageImageImageImage
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

you also have to get your pic taken with cowboy ken
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 324 times
Been liked: 127 times

MrTitleist wrote:I just read your story on Gagliardi's blog.. EXCELLENT!
Agreed. Good stuff!

Welcome to WYOMING!
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 252 times

whyoh wrote:you also have to get your pic taken with cowboy ken
I don't know about that one. Yikes.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

wyopig wrote:
NewYorksCowboy wrote:Hey all,

Thanks so much for all the Great Information, We just got our tickets, in section 21 supposedly its near the Student Section? Sounds like its gonna be a hell of a time! Really looking forward to it, and hanging with the best fans in the world!!!

CANT WAIT!

GO POKES!
You ought to actually sit in the student section. It's all General Admission, and every Wyoming fan should sit there at least once.
As I still do, as i refuse to grow up...lol, loved the story too!!!
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Hell yeah that's where I'm sitting this on Saturday. Class of 09!! New Yorker where you gonna be? We'll buy you a beer!
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

LasCrucesPoke wrote:Hell yeah that's where I'm sitting this on Saturday. Class of 09!! New Yorker where you gonna be? We'll buy you a beer!
how you gonna do that?
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

If you're referring to student section sitting I still know a student there and got us student guest tickets. We all have/had buddies who were on the Tommy Boy plan. haha If you're referring to the beer I meant at the tailgate park or bar not in the stadium obviously.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
PCB
Ranch Hand

Got to meet Die Hard preamp in the South end zone and he was FIRED up! Thanks for nothing Cowboys.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

What was the official count? Stadium was pretty well packed. Fans showed up, but the team looked like they went the way of Grambling State.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

fromolwyoming wrote:What was the official count? Stadium was pretty well packed. Fans showed up, but the team looked like they went the way of Grambling State.

I don't get how. Looked way packed. Like 27 not under 25. Thank god csu brought people or it would have been another embarrassing turnout.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

BeaverPoke wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:What was the official count? Stadium was pretty well packed. Fans showed up, but the team looked like they went the way of Grambling State.

I don't get how. Looked way packed. Like 27 not under 25. Thank god csu brought people or it would have been another embarrassing turnout.
Yeah, seemed to be around 25,000-26,000 people. Some spots didn't have people in them (upper corners on both sides), but otherwise, there was hardly room for everyone.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

fromolwyoming wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:

Yeah, seemed to be around 25,000-26,000 people. Some spots didn't have people in them (upper corners on both sides), but otherwise, there was hardly room for everyone.
Yep, I had no room, it was actually uncomfortable to be honest.

And I get so sick of being told to SIT DOWN throughout the game because I get excited and stand up for big plays, and on 3rd downs.
I didn't realize we were supposed to be like all the old people or "blue hairs" and sit on our ass the entire game.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 41 times

I'm with you Beaver! At the '99 BYU game (the one where the Pokes knocked off 17th ranked BYU and the goal posts ended up at the Buckhorn) I looked down at my then 10 year old daughter and asked why she was crying. She said the guy behind her told her to quit waving her Pom-Poms in the air (he was a BYU fan). Before I could react a fellow Poke fan was in the guys face for making a little girl cry. He told him if he wanted to see he should have stayed home and watched on TV.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 252 times

We have had some bad losses to BYU, Utah and TCU in recent years...but nothing like this to CSU. I am sorry that you had to witness potentially the most embarassing loss in Wyoming history in your first visit to laramie. I am hoping that the rest of your trip will go relatively well.
HiCountryCowboy
Ranch Hand

OrediggerPoke wrote:We have had some bad losses to BYU, Utah and TCU in recent years...but nothing like this to CSU. I am sorry that you had to witness potentially the most embarassing loss in Wyoming history in your first visit to laramie. I am hoping that the rest of your trip will go relatively well.
Burman/HCDC/Tormey/Robin Ross owe the guy a refund on all his expenses.

Safe travels New Yorker - go find some solitude in the great state of WY. However, it's often like getting kicked-in-the-nuts being a Cowboy's fan - today was an exceptionally high kick.