Utah State vs BYU

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

Wow, evidently we just need to be within a touchdown late in the game and we r good. Ug, im sick. Really pulling for the aggies in that one. Truthfully I hope we shut down their run game and we are up by more than a touchdown late. I would like a little less suspense at the end of the game.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

BYU's lack of diversity always throws me off. Finding a black guy in that crowd is like the last level in a "Where's Waldo?" book.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

J-Rod wrote:BYU's lack of diversity always throws me off. Finding a black guy in that crowd is like the last level in a "Where's Waldo?" book.

That's because that school is full of racist ass-holes. Storming the field after beating WAC team is pretty classy as well.
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

J-Rod wrote:BYU's lack of diversity always throws me off. Finding a black guy in that crowd is like the last level in a "Where's Waldo?" book.
White chocolate, baby.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

Lots of parallels between the 'Pokes and USU- both young teams with freshmen QB's and a pretty balanced run/ pass attack. The big difference is we have 3 (4 with Smith as a run threat) who run the ball while they have one guy who's built like three in Turbin. What a beast.

But the most alarming similarity- a defense that loves every opportunity to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. I don't think I've ever seen a coaching staff less deserving of their offense's respect than USU's. That fake call on the field goal attempt was pathetic in every way.

Still and all- we stop Turbin and Smith and force Chuckie to throw and we're in a good place...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

My dislike for BYU is at an all-time high right now. I will be the first to say, I am Mormon...I hate BYU more than anyone. Seriously, the inferiority complex that spews from their fans makes me puke. All week they have said stuff like, "this isn't a rivalry to us because they are our little brother..." Oh really? Storm the field after beating someone you look down upon so much? Try and not break your arms patting yourselves on the back.

Have fun cruising through your BRUTAL schedule the rest of the way. :roll: Play every dung-filled Idaho school other than Pocatello School of the Arts and the Twin Falls Midget League.

The chosen boy Jake Heaps got his butt benched. Any bets that Nelson is missing in the morning? Or Heaps Tonya Hardings his knee. For just winning a game, I have never seen someone so superficial happily celebrating with the team as Heaps. I bet ESPN is kicking themselves in the head right now. People are already setting their dial and DVR to record the high flying Idaho State Bengals and San Jose State Fartin' Spartans on ESPN. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Well, my venting is done. One week guys until the game. Either USU lays an egg and gives up (but knowing Gary Andersen who is a great coach) they could come out on fire. On the bright side, Joe Glenn has been in Logan "consulting" Coach A. Joe Glenn could mess up a wet dream so the odds are in our favor if he is consulting.

Okay, I am done now.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

What I have seen from USU so far this year is this:

They are an extremely strong rushing team, wow. Similar to the Pokes in that they have 3 fully capable rushers, each with their own style. Turbin is an absolute beast and I'm not sure why he only had 11 touches against BYU. Being up by 11 points late in the game against a team that you've been rolling over on the ground all day and you go away from the stud that is averaging 13 yards a carry? I didn't get it. Freshman Chuckie Keeton is nearly as composed as Brett Smith. Both of these guys are amazing freshman QBs.

Utah State is a very good 1-3 team, while Wyoming is a suspect 3-1 team. If USU wants to salvage something of this year, it HAS to come next weekend against the Pokes. If Wyoming expects to go bowling, we HAVE to go into Logan and come out with a W. To an outsider, this game looks pretty lame but this is HUGE.

I think we can move the ball against their defense, and I think they can move it against ours. I think it's to our benefit that they are more of a rushing team than a passing team. I fear that any predominantly strong passing team we face will be able to pick us apart. Keeton rarely throws the ball downfield, and I have a feeling I will be very very thankful for that.
mrtnt3x
A Real Cowboy

My friends, a USU alum, got a slurpie thrown at him after BYwho scored the go ahead TD. I would have to be bailed out of jail if that happened to me, classless asshats bitches :jack:
Powder River ... Let 'R Buck!
SLCPoke
Cowpoke

I attended this game...most of the BYU fans around me were very cordial. However there were also idiots yelling for PI on every deep pass. This game made me sick the last 4 minutes. USU crumbles again, BYU's time management was horrible but for some reason USU continued to call timeouts to realign their defense, TONS of missed holding calls on the last drive...just terrible. How is it that BYU gets so damn lucky with stupid crap like the last TD??!! I still can't believe they rushed the field after beating a 1-2 team that "should not even be seriously mentioned with the word rival".....BYU is a joke.

That is my run on sentence about the game....I felt some pain for USU, they really had this one sealed up and choked again.