Revised Predictions?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

My preseason prediction was 5-6 wins. With 1/4 of the season in the books, I'm going to go with 6-7. Texas St is a Bottom 10 team and Idaho is an awful FCS team. Hopefully, both were just a case of the Cowboys playing down to the competition. Road games are really hard to win. The Nevada game is going to be pivotal.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 622 times
Been liked: 256 times

cowpoke pride wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:35 am My preseason prediction was 5-6 wins. With 1/4 of the season in the books, I'm going to go with 6-7. Texas St is a Bottom 10 team and Idaho is an awful FCS team. Hopefully, both were just a case of the Cowboys playing down to the competition. Road games are really hard to win. The Nevada game is going to be pivotal.
Both teams won last week. I don't think they will be as bad as you think. Tx St. beat someone and Idaho beat Eastern Washington. Probably still bad, but not the dregs.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 80 times

I said 7-5 before and I'll stick with that. I just don't think we lose to Nevada, UNLV, CSU at home.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 151 times
Been liked: 156 times

I’m thinking Air Force will beat us this year unless we find a little pass offense. We don’t need much, we just need enough to move the sticks from time to time and hit a big play when they load up. 55% or above passing and 180-200 yards would feel like a shot of adrenaline right now.
W-Y, Until I Die!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 249 times

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:46 am
cowpoke pride wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:35 am My preseason prediction was 5-6 wins. With 1/4 of the season in the books, I'm going to go with 6-7. Texas St is a Bottom 10 team and Idaho is an awful FCS team. Hopefully, both were just a case of the Cowboys playing down to the competition. Road games are really hard to win. The Nevada game is going to be pivotal.
Both teams won last week. I don't think they will be as bad as you think. Tx St. beat someone and Idaho beat Eastern Washington. Probably still bad, but not the dregs.
While the transitive property isn’t all that helpful for college football...Tx State beat Georgia State last week who beat Tennessee in Knoxville.

Texas State is a team that could make a bowl out of the Sun Belt. Not bottom 10.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

I still very much like my pick of 8 wins.
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 41 times

This team is just too doggone unpredictable. I can’t get myself to make any predictions. I just plan to watch them with my usual irrational exuberance.
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:22 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:46 am
While the transitive property isn’t all that helpful for college football...Tx State beat Georgia State last week who beat Tennessee in Knoxville.

Texas State is a team that could make a bowl out of the Sun Belt. Not bottom 10.
They were Bottom 10 in week 3