Schroyer 2.0

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:37 am
stymeman wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:11 am
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:09 am I don't think Edwards is Shroyer 2.0 but I do have my concerns. That being said, I noticed in the game against EWU that when the shots weren't falling, the offensive sets were changed and we started slashing more. And wouldnt you know it, you get to basket and good things happen. Once we started putting pressure on them and made them defend more than a 35 ft jumpshot they started slowing down, tiring out, and missing more shots. WHO KNEW!?!?!?!
agreed and noticed this myself, fundamental basketball is still proven to work after all these years and it's not always about the glory of a 3 point shot everytime, 2's still get it done with an occasional and 1 as a bonus...I still don't think we take advantage of 7220 like we should but maybe that's psychological
The idea of the way Golden State plays basketball is alluring. But you have to have elite shooters. Very few teams at this level have a group of elite shooters. We will be a better team running, gunning, and slashing. We have good athletes. We don't have good shooters. I agree completely, we haven't taken advantage of 7220 since McClain. Would love to see Edwards take the reigns off and run and get after teams!
ME TOO, like it was under Benny Dees they ran the legs off their opponents game in and game out, now game plans at times was a bit questionable, but it worked(for the most part)