Bohl signs an extension

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
SnowyRange
Ranch Hand

Sure, public employee contracts are available. Here's Bohl's first one:

http://trib.com/head-football-coach-con ... c5228.html
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

Well, one thing for sure, if he can consistently win 8 games a season, the price will be well worth it. We've had good attendance this year, a good record, ESPN money, maybe some Bowl money (probably not alot of it). Advertisements. And the people of Wyoming feel better.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

WyoBrandX wrote:Really? I thought I had stumbled across most public institutions contracts somewhere. I'm also sure I've seen Wyoming publish these numbers before.
Like I said, they don't get publicized by the team most of the time. Usually in these press releases you read something like "terms of the deal were not disclosed" and numbers only get mentioned by media members.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

WestWYOPoke wrote:
wyocowboy2014 wrote:
GoPokes86 wrote:Love the extension and think it's absolutely the right move, but can't stuff like this wait until after next weekend? For example: Burman to Bohl-We'd like to discuss your contract and extend it.
Bohl to Burman: Great! I've got a conference title to win. I'm on board, but let me deal with the task at hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I disagree. It shows to fans and players he's all in, for now at least. I think it's great reassurance the day before one of the biggest games in program history.
This. A) It locks him in before the end of the regular season when other schools really ramp up their hiring process, and B) it shows all of the recruits that will be in town this weekend (which I'm sure there will be some good ones), that he is going to be here for a while.

Also, from a financial standpoint, don't wait too long after the season to pay him his money. The longer from the season, the quicker people around the state will forget about what a good job he is doing and start bitching about how much he is making...in other words, strike while the iron is hot.
Great points

Poke-proud
Cowpoke

joshvanklomp wrote:Thought this was an interesting point from a Nebraska fan (even though I disagree with what his intent was):
https://twitter.com/hcdoc60/status/804914370291625984 Usually contract numbers don't get publicized (at least not directly from the team/school), so I wonder if putting them in was more of a message to the rest of the country that it won't be cheap to take him away.

The base salary alone puts him in the top 10 of G5 coaches, and I'd guess the incentives are similar in the new deal (20k per MW win, etc).
I believe as a state employee it's public information.

Poke-proud
Cowpoke

Listened to Bohl at the pre-game at the Gateway Center. He talked about the comment those that stay will championship and bringing a championship to Wyoming. He stated the quote, in "Nebraska we said big hat - no cattle". He then went on to say, im buying cattle because I intend to be a Poke a long- long time. I hope so.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkImage
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Sounds good to me!
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Should resign Glenn. He would get it done in this conference. What the f-word is up with Vigen channeling his inner bob cockhill?
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 50 times

marcuswyo wrote:Should resign Glenn. He would get it done in this conference. What the f-word is up with Vigen channeling his inner bob cockhill?
And he picks the wrong time to go vanilla!!!! I've seen junior high school football coaches do better!!!!

Vigen needs to fired but he probably won't. :tickedoff:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

"He is a very successful coach and has a formula that works wherever he's at...You can't get a better coach than he is. The real problem for the rest of us is that Wyoming is just going to get better and better, and that's a problem for the rest of us." -Rocky Long
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

joshvanklomp wrote:"He is a very successful coach and has a formula that works wherever he's at...You can't get a better coach than he is. The real problem for the rest of us is that Wyoming is just going to get better and better, and that's a problem for the rest of us." -Rocky Long
Classy words from Rocky Long. He and Coach Bohl have been around long enough that they know what they are talking about and what it takes to get the job done.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

joshvanklomp wrote:"He is a very successful coach and has a formula that works wherever he's at...You can't get a better coach than he is. The real problem for the rest of us is that Wyoming is just going to get better and better, and that's a problem for the rest of us." -Rocky Long
I think we have a lot to look forward to. Something is being "built" in Wyoming football.