Bring on the fly boys. I can't stand AFA lately.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
gopokes1399
Blog Team

I really hope the state buys into this team and we can get 25K this weekend. Would be big time
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 92 times

If you look at the UW ticket site, it shows that quite a few tickets have been sold. Really the only significant blocks are in the end section of the upper and lower parts of the stadium and at the very top of most of the other sections (3-5 rows). For it only being Monday, I would say we have a decent shot of being over 25,000.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 71 times

All the offshore books have it at 10.5. Last weeks line seemed a little low and this weeks looks about 4 or 5 points too high. Maybe the EMU loss is still weighing against us. I'm looking forward to Saturday and hope we get a sell out. This is the biggest game our football team has played in about 4 years.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Cowboy Junky wrote:14 points is rediculous. I think Wingard is going to channel his inner Al Rich, and we're going to beat AFA at home.
I'd say 13.5-14.5 is a rather surprising opening line, too. It's now 10.5 across the board. Obviously, a lot of people jumped on that double-digit line.

Hope the Pokes kick the crap out of flyboys this weekend. The players deserve a nice crowd this weekend after curb-stomping the sheep in Fort Fudd. TWC is showing a projected high of 64 degrees in Laramie on Saturday with no precip.

Al Rich destroyed the Falcon ground game. That was fun to watch. Here's hoping Wingard does the same.
dakarpoke
Buckaroo

I want the Pokes to win over Air Force, not because of AF, but because I want the Pokes to win regardless! I usually cheer for AF against most other teams though. I don't have any problem with AF and I've gone to several Wyoming games in the Springs and always been treated well. Some of their fans are arrogant and for this game most already think AF has the game in the bag. But I think Pokes have a real good shot at winning this game at home. I don't think AF O and D lines are going to be any better than Neb. or EMU. If Pokes play a good game and win the turnover battle, definitely a good chance to win imo.
ltcpilot
Buckaroo
Been liked: 1 time

Air Force fan here hoping for a good game with no injuries. A great win by your team on Saturday and if we can't agree on much we can agree on "beating CSU is a good thing".

I have several points to discuss reference comments above. Check out our board and you will find No one (as fans) taking this game lightly or a done deal. Yes, we have fans who totally believe in our team that think we can win by double digits especially following our handling of Navy's rushing attack. But those same posters realize the danger of playing your team especially on your home field. Just because one or two fans feel their team they love will beat your team does NOT mean fans as a whole are disrespecting you, quite the contrary.

Reference the obvious distain by some here for our team there are feelings that promote that from your fan base as well. Last time in Laramie friends of mine had the urine filled ballon thrown at them (by a drunk who missed) inside the stadium as an example, and ripping an American flag from one of our fans hands. Doesn't say much about building mutual respect. I have not seen something happen like that at Falcon Stadium. Reference the situation with Christianson and Calhoun any of you that are football fans know he was off base. AF still had two timeouts left when that happened so they were not 'faking' to stop the clock. The fact that fans 'bitc$ed and moaned' about the hurt player coming right back into the game? That happens all the time when someone takes a knee, comes out, evaluated and then back in. Christianson was just upset he blew a lead and a possible win. Those here that complain about the illegal chop block vs legal cut blocks do not understand the difference between the two or recognize all teams, to include Wyoming, use the legal cut block. AF has only been penalized once this year for an illegal block while our opponents have also been penalized once in that same four game stretch, it is not something we do intentionally as some here would insinuate.

Bottom line is that two teams are going to do their best to play hard nose football this weekend going for a win. It should be a good game and an interesting chess match between the teams and coaches. We have both a running and passing attack this year with more balance than in years past. Our challenge will be to stop your explosive back while not giving up the big pass play. Can't wait and GO FALCONS
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 1 time

ltcpilot wrote:Air Force fan here hoping for a good game with no injuries. A great win by your team on Saturday and if we can't agree on much we can agree on "beating CSU is a good thing".

I have several points to discuss reference comments above. Check out our board and you will find No one (as fans) taking this game lightly or a done deal. Yes, we have fans who totally believe in our team that think we can win by double digits especially following our handling of Navy's rushing attack. But those same posters realize the danger of playing your team especially on your home field. Just because one or two fans feel their team they love will beat your team does NOT mean fans as a whole are disrespecting you, quite the contrary.

Reference the obvious distain by some here for our team there are feelings that promote that from your fan base as well. Last time in Laramie friends of mine had the urine filled ballon thrown at them (by a drunk who missed) inside the stadium as an example, and ripping an American flag from one of our fans hands. Doesn't say much about building mutual respect. I have not seen something happen like that at Falcon Stadium. Reference the situation with Christianson and Calhoun any of you that are football fans know he was off base. AF still had two timeouts left when that happened so they were not 'faking' to stop the clock. The fact that fans 'bitc$ed and moaned' about the hurt player coming right back into the game? That happens all the time when someone takes a knee, comes out, evaluated and then back in. Christianson was just upset he blew a lead and a possible win. Those here that complain about the illegal chop block vs legal cut blocks do not understand the difference between the two or recognize all teams, to include Wyoming, use the legal cut block. AF has only been penalized once this year for an illegal block while our opponents have also been penalized once in that same four game stretch, it is not something we do intentionally as some here would insinuate.

Bottom line is that two teams are going to do their best to play hard nose football this weekend going for a win. It should be a good game and an interesting chess match between the teams and coaches. We have both a running and passing attack this year with more balance than in years past. Our challenge will be to stop your explosive back while not giving up the big pass play. Can't wait and GO FALCONS
I was there and hate Christensen more than anyone on this board (as a result of multiple first hand experiences). This was one of the only things that I feel DC was right about. Calhoun is a moron who knew exactly what he was doing.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

ltcpilot wrote:Air Force fan here hoping for a good game with no injuries. A great win by your team on Saturday and if we can't agree on much we can agree on "beating CSU is a good thing".

Dude....wtf?

I have been going to Wyoming games for decades now and have sat in every section of the stadium during all of the biggest rivalry games and have never, and I mean NEVER EFFING EVER, seen a "urine filled balloon" anywhere in the stands.....nor has any Wyoming fan I've discussed the concept with...........in fact, I can't even fathom the logistics of getting urine into a balloon..........do you know how much pressure needs to be built to begin inflating a balloon? It is such a ridiculous effing urban legend (that I imagine began with the BYU fans, I have no evidence......it just seems like something they would say)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
gopokes1399
Blog Team

I was most definitely harassed at the Air Force Stadium the year we put up 50+... It goes both ways... as for a urine filled balloon, I find that hard to believe.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

whyoh wrote: .......in fact, I can't even fathom the logistics of getting urine into a balloon..........do you know how much pressure needs to be built to begin inflating a balloon?
Yeah, pretty unrealistic for a human... but I've witnessed cowboy joe nearly piss a hole through the turf in the south end zone on a few occasions over the years. I bet that fire hose could inflate a balloon.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

cali2wyo wrote:
whyoh wrote: .......in fact, I can't even fathom the logistics of getting urine into a balloon..........do you know how much pressure needs to be built to begin inflating a balloon?
Yeah, pretty unrealistic for a human... but I've witnessed cowboy joe nearly piss a hole through the turf in the south end zone on a few occasions over the years. I bet that fire hose could inflate a balloon.
I believe that the current CJ is female....I could be wrong though

disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
elfletcho
Ranch Hand

LawPoke wrote:If you look at the UW ticket site, it shows that quite a few tickets have been sold. Really the only significant blocks are in the end section of the upper and lower parts of the stadium and at the very top of most of the other sections (3-5 rows). For it only being Monday, I would say we have a decent shot of being over 25,000.
They are running a faculty and staff special for $14 a ticket! If you guys need tickets find a Laramie puke to buy them for you!
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

whyoh wrote:
cali2wyo wrote:
I believe that the current CJ is female....I could be wrong though

Could very well be, I've never had the desire to look close enough personally. Seems like something a CSU fan would be more interested in
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

bladerunnr wrote:All the offshore books have it at 10.5. Last weeks line seemed a little low and this weeks looks about 4 or 5 points too high. Maybe the EMU loss is still weighing against us. I'm looking forward to Saturday and hope we get a sell out. This is the biggest game our football team has played in about a week.
FIFY...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

J-Rod wrote:Offensively, this is not their best triple option attack. It's alright, nothing great. Defensively, they're stout...one of the best we'll see all season. This has the feel of a 21-20 type game.
Exclude the last few years - and that is usually how the game is played. I can remember a game being 0-3 going into the 4th quarter a few years ago. Then AFA scored a TD and made it a 10-0 game to win.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

I call b.s. I've never seen anyone at a game walking around with a water balloon. I imagine that security would frown on any kind of a balloon filled with liquid being carried around the stadium.

The real part of the story that doesn't make sense is the fact that your friend had one thrown at him, it missed, and somehow he knows it was full of piss? Did he go sniff the wet spot where the balloon landed?

I question the person having an American flag ripped from his hands. You won't find a more patriotic state in the union than Wyoming. We love and respect the military, honor the flag, and wouldn't ever rip an American flag from the hands of a member of the military. That would get your ass kicked in Laramie by other Wyoming fans. That sounds more like b.s. than your near miss piss balloon.

We're experts at slinging bull on this board. Go back to the drawing board with that b.s. It's not believable at all.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

AFA are watching us. Now we're watching them watching us....

http://www.scout.com/college/air-force/ ... e-pokes-is

National Champions 1943.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

I do.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

National Champions 1943.

I do.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Cowboy Junky wrote:They're concerned about this game.

http://www.scout.com/college/air-force/ ... he-uw-game
I see one or two posters who are concerned, the rest of them think they'll win in a blowout.

I could see this game going either way. For Pokes to lose in a blowout, though, we'd have to make a lot of really bad mistakes. This team chews up a lot of clock (unless the opposing D isn't there), which means there are a lot fewer possessions total.
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

Cowboy Junky wrote:They're concerned about this game.

http://www.scout.com/college/air-force/ ... he-uw-game
That was a dark link for me to follow sir. Going into a Greenie message board and seeing them talk poop on our colors :stfu: especially since I've always hated blue/white teams. They're just sooooo BORING. Those AF fans at least seem to know what they're talking about when it comes to this game. I've always hated AF but I have always known we're 90% of the time in for a tough one with them on the grid and in hoops.

Operation Destroy All Greenies is still in effect though :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:................... :deadhorse1: :deadhorse1: :deadhorse1: :deadhorse1: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:
Riding High!!!