Conway as a WR

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

WyoExpat
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

WyoBrandX wrote:
WyoExpat wrote:
WyoBrandX wrote:Can you play in two collegiate sports at the same time these days? I can't think of a recent case.
Maybe only on April 1st?
Well, in my defense, the article was dated from March 31st.
Posted: Thursday, March 31, 2016 8:09 pm
I guess I was off on my suspicions. You can't be too careful at this time of year.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

Didn't Scottie Vines try it for a season here?
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

If anything I hope to see him as a returner. I cringed everytime may, gentry, or wingard fielded a punt or kick last year. We don't have the depth to let starters be returners, maybe Conway can provide a spark on special teams.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Julius Peppers and Ronald Curry did it at UNC at the same time
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

This will never work......he is not an elite enough athlete to do both well. I think one of the reasons that Edwards was so willing to let him try is that he was a cancer in the BB program. So I ask you do you really want that kind of a personality on the football team too. He was part of the drug suspensions that took place prior to the MW tourney. THere really has not been any precedent set on this at wyoming........At least in the recent era. A Casper athlete tried it and it was kaboshed! (Jock Finn) Personally it seems that Bohl is grasping at straws here......but perhaps he is just willing to believe in the kid and give him another chance.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 151 times
Been liked: 156 times

Is he only a cancer to the bb team because he hasn't played yet or is JJ and dalton cancers as well?
W-Y, Until I Die!
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Slow Hand wrote:This will never work......he is not an elite enough athlete to do both well. I think one of the reasons that Edwards was so willing to let him try is that he was a cancer in the BB program. So I ask you do you really want that kind of a personality on the football team too. He was part of the drug suspensions that took place prior to the MW tourney. THere really has not been any precedent set on this at wyoming........At least in the recent era. A Casper athlete tried it and it was kaboshed! (Jock Finn) Personally it seems that Bohl is grasping at straws here......but perhaps he is just willing to believe in the kid and give him another chance.
I find this extremely hard to believe.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

JimmyDimes wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:This will never work......he is not an elite enough athlete to do both well. I think one of the reasons that Edwards was so willing to let him try is that he was a cancer in the BB program. So I ask you do you really want that kind of a personality on the football team too. He was part of the drug suspensions that took place prior to the MW tourney. THere really has not been any precedent set on this at wyoming........At least in the recent era. A Casper athlete tried it and it was kaboshed! (Jock Finn) Personally it seems that Bohl is grasping at straws here......but perhaps he is just willing to believe in the kid and give him another chance.
fify
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

JimmyDimes wrote:
What part do you find hard to believe?
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

laxwyo wrote:Is he only a cancer to the bb team because he hasn't played yet or is JJ and dalton cancers as well?
Cancer may very well be too strong of a term....he brings with him baggage associated with drug suspensions! Maybe it was a one time mistake and it will never happen again....but usually it does.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Do you know that Conway is a cancer to the basketball team or are you just saying that because he got in trouble with the mary jane deal with the other players? I guess that means all 5 of them are cancers then?

As far as Finn goes it is spelled Jacque Finn not Jock. I know Jacque very well and I was best friends with his older brother growing up and I took Jacque to one of his first ever Wyoming football games when he was still in junior high. Yes it is true Jacque was going to play both football and basketball but it wasn't just kaboshed to be kaboshed ...some stuff happened before the basketball season his freshman year at Wyoming so they ended up not letting him play basketball because of the stuff that happened. Not going to get into all of it. Him and Marcus Bailey were the same year in high school. Jacque was actually better at basketball than he was football and was actually better than Marcus at basketball coming out of high school but because of things that happened they didn't let him play at Wyoming and told him he could only play football.

Whether he would have ended up as good as Marcus at Wyoming we will never know as Marcus as we all know ended up being an all time great. Just too bad he never got the chance. Would have been great to have two Wyoming boys that were both that good on the hoops team for all 4 years.

Anyways just curious why we are calling Austin Conway a cancer over one incident?

I agree with you there hasn't been a precedent for this at Wyoming since they didn't allow Jacque to do it because of "things" that happened but now they are letting Conway so it is almost the reverse. Not sure I agree with your reasoning that Edwards is letting Conway play football because he is a cancer. Would think it would be the opposite. You must know something some of us don't?

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

seattlecowboy wrote:
Do you know that Conway is a cancer to the basketball team or are you just saying that because he got in trouble with the mary jane deal with the other players? I guess that means all 5 of them are cancers then?

As far as Finn goes it is spelled Jacque Finn not Jock. I know Jacque very well and I was best friends with his older brother growing up and I took Jacque to one of his first ever Wyoming football games when he was still in junior high. Yes it is true Jacque was going to play both football and basketball but it wasn't just kaboshed to be kaboshed ...some stuff happened before the basketball season his freshman year at Wyoming so they ended up not letting him play basketball because of the stuff that happened. Not going to get into all of it. Him and Marcus Bailey were the same year in high school. Jacque was actually better at basketball than he was football and was actually better than Marcus at basketball coming out of high school but because of things that happened they didn't let him play at Wyoming and told him he could only play football.

Whether he would have ended up as good as Marcus at Wyoming we will never know as Marcus as we all know ended up being an all time great. Just too bad he never got the chance. Would have been great to have two Wyoming boys that were both that good on the hoops team for all 4 years.

Anyways just curious why we are calling Austin Conway a cancer over one incident?

I agree with you there hasn't been a precedent for this at Wyoming since they didn't allow Jacque to do it because of "things" that happened but now they are letting Conway so it is almost the reverse. Not sure I agree with your reasoning that Edwards is letting Conway play football because he is a cancer. Would think it would be the opposite. You must know something some of us don't?
Thank you for the correction in spelling. I did not know Jacque, only watched him from afar. It is only a personal opinion but to answer your question about all of them being a "Cancer" my personal answer would be yes. I understand that kids are going to screw up and make bad choices however it is all a precursor to validated trust within the team. Questions surrounding trust will kill team unity every time.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Slow Hand wrote:
seattlecowboy wrote:

Thank you for the correction in spelling. I did not know Jacque, only watched him from afar. It is only a personal opinion but to answer your question about all of them being a "Cancer" my personal answer would be yes. I understand that kids are going to screw up and make bad choices however it is all a precursor to validated trust within the team. Questions surrounding trust will kill team unity every time.
You're basing your opinion of him being a "CANCER" off this one incident? An incident where he and 4 other players committed the same transgression but only he is a cancer? Was Hankerson a cancer? C'mon man.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

No, no no, no! Lets not use the word cancer....I apologize for even using the reference. It is directed at him only because he is the only one trying to play football. I could give a rats ass less about the other four. Lets just say that he has already screwed up once officially ( meaning he got "popped" on the drug issue) All I am saying is we must really be looking for players in all the wrong places if we are considering a redshirt basketball player who has already violated the trust coefficient on the basketball team. Maybe I am "old school" but I wouldn't put up with even one drug violation on my team. If you people really knew how many drug violations we have that go unannounced or blanketed as a "Team Violation" you too would be appalled! Most of the time it is treated with very little regard. Kuddos to Poppa Shy for publicizing it!
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

Slow Hand wrote:No, no no, no! Lets not use the word cancer....I apologize for even using the reference. It is directed at him only because he is the only one trying to play football. I could give a rats ass less about the other four. Lets just say that he has already screwed up once officially ( meaning he got "popped" on the drug issue) All I am saying is we must really be looking for players in all the wrong places if we are considering a redshirt basketball player who has already violated the trust coefficient on the basketball team. Maybe I am "old school" but I wouldn't put up with even one drug violation on my team. If you people really knew how many drug violations we have that go unannounced or blanketed as a "Team Violation" you too would be appalled! Most of the time it is treated with very little regard. Kuddos to Poppa Shy for publicizing it!
Huh??
castlerocker
Cowpoke

Conway and the boys aren't the only ones smokin the whacky weed!!!!!!!!!
castlerocker
Cowpoke

Here's an article on Conway and coach Edwards and the mary jane drama.

http://wyomingcowboysblog.com/2016/04/0 ... #more-9272
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

castlerocker wrote:Here's an article on Conway and coach Edwards and the mary jane drama.

http://wyomingcowboysblog.com/2016/04/0 ... #more-9272
Some "ifs" in there that make me wonder if he'll ever see the hardwood...
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

Wyolie Coyote wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:No, no no, no! Lets not use the word cancer....I apologize for even using the reference. It is directed at him only because he is the only one trying to play football. I could give a rats ass less about the other four. Lets just say that he has already screwed up once officially ( meaning he got "popped" on the drug issue) All I am saying is we must really be looking for players in all the wrong places if we are considering a redshirt basketball player who has already violated the trust coefficient on the basketball team. Maybe I am "old school" but I wouldn't put up with even one drug violation on my team. If you people really knew how many drug violations we have that go unannounced or blanketed as a "Team Violation" you too would be appalled! Most of the time it is treated with very little regard. Kuddos to Poppa Shy for publicizing it!
Huh??
Poppa Shy didn't back away from it. He acknowledged it publicly and dealt with it the best he knew how to. Rather than trying to cover it up.