Rooting for NDSU to win -- or lose tomorrow?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Very balanced offense with some QB runs, behind a very good o-line.

Their Tampa 2 defense works very well, but I have to admit, still pretty wary on it at the FBC level.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

NDSU defense is so disciplined, They wrap up when they tackle & stay in their lanes. poop is Wyoming defense had half the discipline of these guys we would have gone 7-5 at the minimum.
lakesbison
Cowpoke

Wish you had this defense??? At game...NDSU is swarming

Let NDSU into the mountain west!!!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

lakesbison wrote:Wish you had this defense??? At game...NDSU is swarming

Let NDSU into the mountain west!!!
You don't have the money, resources, and pretty sure you don't have the required number of sports either.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Notice how the NDSU front four can get penetration all by themselves? It will be awhile before UW can get a line like that. NDSU's front four > Wyoming front four.
Hayduke
Cowpoke

Brew_Poke wrote:Reply to Hayduke's signature: Where's the college library?

As to the thread topic: Rooting for NDSU to go all the way.

:lol:

I never used the Chester Fritz Library at UND either!

Yeah, I'm hoping that Fargo school wins also. Kind of because I am from North Dakota, but mainly to help recruiting at UW!
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Bohl is the real f-word' deal as a recruiter. I have no problem admitting it: This NDSU team has better talent than this current Wyoming team.
lakesbison
Cowpoke

J-Rod wrote:Bohl is the real f-word' deal as a recruiter. I have no problem admitting it: This NDSU team has better talent than this current Wyoming team.

Thank you J ROD. Smart guy!!! And. NDSU fans are wyoming fans now I've seen a lot of wyoming hats shirts here
WYOBISONMAN
Ranch Hand

J-Rod wrote:Bohl is the real f-word' deal as a recruiter. I have no problem admitting it: This NDSU team has better talent than this current Wyoming team.
Bohl teams are also extremely disciplined in their play as well.

Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

I would say only 3-4 players on each side of the ball in Wyoming are better players but as a team NDSU is leaps and bounds above us right now.
Hayduke
Cowpoke

Wyo2dal wrote:
I would say only 3-4 players on each side of the ball in Wyoming are better players but as a team NDSU is leaps and bounds above us right now.

I'm not sure it's the talent at the Fargo school as much as it is the coaching. I guess Bohl will prove that right or wrong in spring practice and 2014.
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Wyo2dal wrote: I would say only 3-4 players on each side of the ball in Wyoming are better players but as a team NDSU is leaps and bounds above us right now.
I think that's a more accurate way of putting it. As great as this NDSU front four is (and they are great!), Bohl will be thrilled to see Yarbrough and Olive. Their talents will be tapped by him. Wacha comes across as the kind of guy that could have ended up at NDSU and been a star.

Wick will be a great RB in this offense. I don't trust the O-Line any farther than I can throw them, but Wick could be a Top 3-4 MWC RB next fall.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

J-Rod wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote: I would say only 3-4 players on each side of the ball in Wyoming are better players but as a team NDSU is leaps and bounds above us right now.
I think that's a more accurate way of putting it. As great as this NDSU front four is (and they are great!), Bohl will be thrilled to see Yarbrough and Olive. Their talents will be tapped by him. Wacha comes across as the kind of guy that could have ended up at NDSU and been a star.

Wick will be a great RB in this offense. I don't trust the O-Line any farther than I can throw them, but Wick could be a Top 3-4 MWC RB next fall.
That reminds me, saw on Vorel's twitter that Wacha was named a Freshmen All-American.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I am excited to see what this coach can do for recruiting at a fbs school. I'm not watching the game but like what I am hearing.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
Hayduke
Cowpoke

pokefanchaz7 wrote:I am excited to see what this coach can do for recruiting at a fbs school. I'm not watching the game but like what I am hearing.

31-0 closing in on halftime. They are rolling this Carolina team.

(31-7 now... still rolling them though..)
Last edited by Hayduke on Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frank Zappa
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times

pokefanchaz7 wrote:I am excited to see what this coach can do for recruiting at a fbs school. I'm not watching the game but like what I am hearing.
This game is a total beatdown by NDSU. NDSU is like a fine tuned machine on both offense & defense.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Very disciplined team. Defense is quick and actually gets pressure with 4 guys. Only a couple of blitzes thus far.

Offense is pretty balanced and begins with an o-line that give the QB a ton of time but also opens holes and gets good push for the run game.

31-7 with 23 seconds left until the half.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

Player reaction video Yarbrough and Wacha both seemed really excited to have a defense minded coach coming in. I think some of our defensive players will make an immediate impact on the field. I also believe out D Line will improve immediately from coaching alone.

This is the part I really like, 30 seconds left and NDSU is taking a shot at the end zone, CDC would have taken and knee and killed the momentum of the game.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

This is where they take a knee and run the clock out right? Oh wait.... try to score - cool!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Came away with a FG. 34-7 at Half.

Still have some concerns about about the Tampa 2 at the FBS level. I do like what I am seeing though.