2014-2015 Poke Wrestling

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
AlphaPoke
Buckaroo

A really strong showing by the Pokes. I was a little worried after Cal Poly. Hopefully, the Pokes will take care of business on the upcoming Dakota swing before the brutal Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Oregon State & Boise. If the Pokes can go 6-1 or 5-2 in their final 7 duals they will be in a good position for the WWC Championships.

Wrestlers at Utah Valley Highlights (WYO-VISION)

Check out the highlights from the Cowboy's 29-3 victory over Utah Valley.

MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 36 times

ImageImageImageImage
AlphaPoke
Buckaroo

Who's the badass in the far circle?
Has liked: 626 times
Been liked: 256 times

Cool mats. I wish they could have expanded the main room, though. It's really not that big. They need a room like the one in Green River's high school. That sucker is freaking huge
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Looks bigger than the one back in high school though. Granted, that one was upstairs. And until I had joined the wrestling team (for a short time until I had to have knee surgery), I wasn't even sure where it was.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 626 times
Been liked: 256 times

fromolwyoming wrote:Looks bigger than the one back in high school though. Granted, that one was upstairs. And until I had joined the wrestling team (for a short time until I had to have knee surgery), I wasn't even sure where it was.
I hated (loved) our wrestling room. It was like walking up into the infernal pit. :lol:
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

LanderPoke wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:Looks bigger than the one back in high school though. Granted, that one was upstairs. And until I had joined the wrestling team (for a short time until I had to have knee surgery), I wasn't even sure where it was.
I hated (loved) our wrestling room. It was like walking up into the infernal pit. :lol:
It was like going to a sauna and getting an extreme work out in it. :lol:
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 36 times

LanderPoke wrote:Cool mats. I wish they could have expanded the main room, though. It's really not that big. They need a room like the one in Green River's high school. That sucker is freaking huge
The wrestling room we had in Worland was about half that size and we had more than twice as many guys as UW has on their team. It got pretty crowded in there.. plus it was hotter than hell.
ImageImageImageImage
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

https://twitter.com/wyoathletics/status ... 0055473153 Nine Pokes Appear on First NCAA Coaches' Panel Rankings
Cox leads the Cowboys ranking 12th at 125

The NCAA released its first coaches’ panel rankings for the 2014-15 wrestling season Thursday. Nine Pokes are featured on the list that is one of the tools used to determine the qualifiers for the 2015 NCAA Division I Wrestling Championship hosted at the Scotttrade Center in St. Louis, Mo., on March 19-21.

http://www.gowyo.com/sports/m-wrestl/sp ... um=twitter
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

POKE FAN wrote:https://twitter.com/wyoathletics/status ... 0055473153 Nine Pokes Appear on First NCAA Coaches' Panel Rankings
Cox leads the Cowboys ranking 12th at 125

The NCAA released its first coaches’ panel rankings for the 2014-15 wrestling season Thursday. Nine Pokes are featured on the list that is one of the tools used to determine the qualifiers for the 2015 NCAA Division I Wrestling Championship hosted at the Scotttrade Center in St. Louis, Mo., on March 19-21.

http://www.gowyo.com/sports/m-wrestl/sp ... um=twitter
This wrestling team is bound to pull some upsets that no one is expecting!
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Wrestlers Sweep Oregon State & Boise State (WYO-VISION)

Check out the highlights from this weekend's duals against Oregon St. and Boise St. Head Coach Mark Branch and Junior 285 lbs. Tanner Harms talk about the impact the Senior Class has had on the program.

Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

That is a lot of first round byes for the Pokes can't really recall if is it usually that many.

I did not see Mendenhall losing that pretty shocked. He can battle through the losers bracket.