For you anti DC folk...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

seattlecowboy wrote:
BackHarlowRoad wrote:
Wyovanian wrote: Before you go calling people two-year-olds, perhaps you should take a remedial reading comprehension course and then re-read my post... Might want to check the rest of Texas State's schedule before such prognostication...
Yeah Yank, it's full of powerhouses. Completely unrealistic that they could potentially squeeze out 3 or 4 more wins. Look at this gauntlet:

Georgia State
South Alabama
Idaho
Arkansas State
Western Kentucky
Troy

14-23 combined record. :rofl:
Texas St. will lose to W. Kentucky
The fact that they have to play Idaho and Arkansas St. on the road they could lose both of those games and I will guarantee right now they will lose at Arkansas St. They also have to play Troy on the road and so that is probably a loss.

They will beat Georgia St. and the S. Alabama game is a toss up and I would lean to them losing that one as well based up on the fact they lost to UL Monroe last night so that means they will not make a bowl game.

It will be a lot closer than you guys think.
I don't see them losing to Idaho (after the bludgeoning they took from Ark St.) or Georgia St. They can pull off one of the others.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

YankPoke wrote:
Wyovanian wrote:
YankPoke wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
Cuttslam wrote:
UfuknDub wrote:No, all of you old farts need to quit living in the past and take a look at the real college football landscape.
What is your definition of a old fart? What is the real college football landscape?
Good questions, Cuttslam!
The fact that you guys complain about all of the jersey combos, the breast cancer helmets, and the fact you complain that we are an offensive team that has an average defense shows you know nothing about the current college football landscape.
:rofl:
Real funny when we are ranked 49th in points against per game in the country which is actually above average. I couldn't care less how many yards we allowed the only stat that matters is points, and we average giving up 49th in the country at 25 per game. Also look at Fresno who is ranked 17th in the country and is ranked 94th in points allowed per game. Here is the link in case you ever want to form informed opinions http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootbal ... =ascending" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Not to get in between you two's argument but the only reason Wyoming is ranked 49th right now in ppg defense is because of who they have played. If you factored in strength of schedule these numbers would look a lot different. You need to think about that before you just spit out that "Wyoming is 49th best defense in the country".

Also most of the teams that have scored on Fresno have been after Fresno put their back ups in. Fresno St. is the best team in the MWC right now as long as they leave their starters in. Wyoming is going to need every bit of luck they can get in that game. The good news for Wyoming is that game is after a bye week the bad news is we have to play Boise St. the week right after.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

BackHarlowRoad wrote:
seattlecowboy wrote:
BackHarlowRoad wrote:
Wyovanian wrote: Before you go calling people two-year-olds, perhaps you should take a remedial reading comprehension course and then re-read my post... Might want to check the rest of Texas State's schedule before such prognostication...
Yeah Yank, it's full of powerhouses. Completely unrealistic that they could potentially squeeze out 3 or 4 more wins. Look at this gauntlet:

Georgia State
South Alabama
Idaho
Arkansas State
Western Kentucky
Troy

14-23 combined record. :rofl:
Texas St. will lose to W. Kentucky
The fact that they have to play Idaho and Arkansas St. on the road they could lose both of those games and I will guarantee right now they will lose at Arkansas St. They also have to play Troy on the road and so that is probably a loss.

They will beat Georgia St. and the S. Alabama game is a toss up and I would lean to them losing that one as well based up on the fact they lost to UL Monroe last night so that means they will not make a bowl game.

It will be a lot closer than you guys think.
I don't see them losing to Idaho (after the bludgeoning they took from Ark St.) or Georgia St. They can pull off one of the others.
They could but I am just pointing out that it isn't as easy as you guys think it is. Some of those schools are playing decent enough football to beat Texas St. Especially the teams that get them at home.

W. Kentucky beat Kentucky and Navy.

S. Alabama only lost at Tennessee by 7 points. Tennessee isn't as good this year as some years but they are far better than Texas St. so just pointing out even though they are small schools they will play Texas St. tough.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 41 times

Pretty intense thread here. Let's take a look at the term "fan" which is a shortened version of fanatic. According to the definition I looked up I guess I am more of a devotee than a fan because a fan "implies unbalanced or obsessive behavior" and I do not believe I an unbalanced. Devotee is a milder term than any of the foregoing, suggesting enthusiasm but not to the exclusion of other interests or possible points of view. So y'all which are you, a fan or a devotee?

I have been a Cowboy devotee since the mid 60's. Of course I always want the Pokes to win, but I am not obsessive about it. If you are a UW devotee you more than likely either went to school there or are a Wyoming native or both. You have Wyoming pride. But if you are realistic you realize that there are not enough D-1 caliber kids in Wyo to field a completely home grown team. So, we have to recruit outside the state. What are the odds that a top recruit is going to Laramie from somewhere else? We end up with the diamonds in the rough, the lunch-pail players who did not get recruited to the big name schools but are willing to work hard.

To me that is what makes a winning Wyoming team great. They are generally underdogs to begin with. That is what makes college sports more fun than pro to me. When a highly paid pro screws up he deserves to be heckled or fired, but these are college kids, not pros. They are just fun to watch.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 323 times
Been liked: 127 times

ZapPoke wrote:Pretty intense thread here. Let's take a look at the term "fan" which is a shortened version of fanatic. According to the definition I looked up I guess I am more of a devotee than a fan because a fan "implies unbalanced or obsessive behavior" and I do not believe I an unbalanced. Devotee is a milder term than any of the foregoing, suggesting enthusiasm but not to the exclusion of other interests or possible points of view. So y'all which are you, a fan or a devotee?

I have been a Cowboy devotee since the mid 60's. Of course I always want the Pokes to win, but I am not obsessive about it. If you are a UW devotee you more than likely either went to school there or are a Wyoming native or both. You have Wyoming pride. But if you are realistic you realize that there are not enough D-1 caliber kids in Wyo to field a completely home grown team. So, we have to recruit outside the state. What are the odds that a top recruit is going to Laramie from somewhere else? We end up with the diamonds in the rough, the lunch-pail players who did not get recruited to the big name schools but are willing to work hard.

To me that is what makes a winning Wyoming team great. They are generally underdogs to begin with. That is what makes college sports more fun than pro to me. When a highly paid pro screws up he deserves to be heckled or fired, but these are college kids, not pros. They are just fun to watch.
I like your post, the last paragraph is spot on as well. :thumb:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

ZapPoke wrote:Pretty intense thread here. Let's take a look at the term "fan" which is a shortened version of fanatic. According to the definition I looked up I guess I am more of a devotee than a fan because a fan "implies unbalanced or obsessive behavior" and I do not believe I an unbalanced. Devotee is a milder term than any of the foregoing, suggesting enthusiasm but not to the exclusion of other interests or possible points of view. So y'all which are you, a fan or a devotee?

I am a devotee as well. I've followed and cheered the Pokes since the 50's. For those that love DC, remember this, if/when he is successful and pulls off a 9 or 10 win season he will be poached by some larger program and we will be right back at square one. Wyoming never keeps great coaches, it just isn't the way things work in Laramie. As soon as they have success they are hired away. And then we go out and try to find another coach and start all over again. So for those who think DC needs to go, he will, whether he succeeds or not.

Just be happy we are winning. 4-2 beats the hell out of 0-6, no matter how we got there.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/notebook?id=98 ... rc=desktop" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Read towards the end. Namely non-AQ coaches earning their paychecks...
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

WyoAlum1987 wrote:Sorry if I offended COS,-not my intent at all.
I'm just sort of anti-Greenie during the best of times, and this week brings out the worst in me every year.
My wife served me granola today and I plumb near bit her head off. Dont like granola much anyway, but this week I really hate it. Got a good hemp rope that I just cant even touch, and I swerved into the other lane just to scare the crap out of a skinny guy on a bike yesterday.
Wont wear wool this week, and I swear I'll run over any sheep I see on the road twice...
So sorry if I was a bit touchy there....
No worries. I totally get the anti-Greenie thing. When I first moved down here I made a point of getting all my license plates in a color other than green just so no one could accuse me of being a greenie. I guess I've mellowed some since I do have a couple sets now. I may have to go back to my roots!
WyoAlum1987 wrote:and yeah, its amazing to see Corontzos on there and Josh not on there-there is definitely more to being a great qb than stats.(see Unitas-John, Starr, Bart, and Staubach, Roger)
Stoner-I liked, he was a gamer=but he also made some mistakes.
again,
sorry if I offended you (and sorry you have to live in Colorado)
I liked Stoner too. I remember seeing his dad at the Colorado Springs airport. I assumed he was flying to whever the Pokes were playing that weekend. Wore Stoner's jersey for the flight. I think Jay's problem was he had a new OC every year he played; always trying to mold him to fit their system. Still he wasn't a game changer like Smith or even ACS.
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

kdwrightuwyo wrote:http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/notebook?id=98 ... rc=desktop

Read towards the end. Namely non-AQ coaches earning their paychecks...
DC behind Bobby Hauck. UNLV is so fortunate, if only we were so lucky.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

[quote="COS Cowboy"]
No worries. I totally get the anti-Greenie thing. When I first moved down here I made a point of getting all my license plates in a color other than green just so no one could accuse me of being a greenie. I guess I've mellowed some since I do have a couple sets now. I may have to go back to my roots!
quote]
I guess I qualify as a greenie too since I have green plate. Just not a fan of the fancy plates...but wish I could get one of the brown and gold UW plates. An easy way to fix the greenie problem is by putting a steamboat or two on your windows.

Go Pokes!!
WyoAlum1987
Ranch Hand

COS Cowboy wrote:
WyoAlum1987 wrote:Sorry if I offended COS,-not my intent at all.
I'm just sort of anti-Greenie during the best of times, and this week brings out the worst in me every year.
My wife served me granola today and I plumb near bit her head off. Dont like granola much anyway, but this week I really hate it. Got a good hemp rope that I just cant even touch, and I swerved into the other lane just to scare the crap out of a skinny guy on a bike yesterday.
Wont wear wool this week, and I swear I'll run over any sheep I see on the road twice...
So sorry if I was a bit touchy there....
WyoAlum1987 wrote:and yeah, its amazing to see Corontzos on there and Josh not on there-there is definitely more to being a great qb than stats.(see Unitas-John, Starr, Bart, and Staubach, Roger)
Stoner-I liked, he was a gamer=but he also made some mistakes.
again,
sorry if I offended you (and sorry you have to live in Colorado)
I liked Stoner too. I remember seeing his dad at the Colorado Springs airport. I assumed he was flying to whever the Pokes were playing that weekend. Wore Stoner's jersey for the flight. I think Jay's problem was he had a new OC every year he played; always trying to mold him to fit their system. Still he wasn't a game changer like Smith or even ACS.
Thats true...and you are a hand sporting steamboat in Granola land-my hat is off to you!