New unis are coming

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

MrTitleist wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:So we use another team's alternate unis as a template? Man that is so disappointing.
Literally every single team's uniforms are built off of templates, slightly customized for each school. You can see the templates on Nike's site. They don't create a new template for all 200+ schools they probably sponsor.
Yeah I get that......but I just think we could have done more.....Color me disappointed. :twocents:
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Slow Hand wrote:i know it probably won't be popular but I think they are wacked! To me they look like a throwback from the 80's. All comparisons to winning and losing aside, we had a chance to do it right and step up the flare and we flopped. Nike would have created whatever we wanted and we went with this? Wyoming had a chance to be different, unique, and we went with what appears to be a high school look. Two jerseys and one set of pants. Fail!
"Step up the flare" sounds like what the NFL's Jacksonville Jaguars tried to do with their look. Now they look like a CFL team. Is that what you'd want?
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 1 time

Slow Hand wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:So we use another team's alternate unis as a template? Man that is so disappointing.
Literally every single team's uniforms are built off of templates, slightly customized for each school. You can see the templates on Nike's site. They don't create a new template for all 200+ schools they probably sponsor.
Yeah I get that......but I just think we could have done more.....Color me disappointed. :twocents:
Why don't you go try your luck and see how much better you could make them on niketeam.nike.com. Options are very limited. Good luck
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I love the clean-cut look. They actually remind me more of an NFL uniform
Hampshire
Ranch Hand

They are horrible that's for sure , it definitely could of been updated while still implementing brown and gold somewhere . I just really hope I do not have to watch another bad season and still in the same colors , I hoped they thought change was good at this point , guess it's just leading in the same direction unfortunately.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 135 times

Hampshire wrote: I hoped they thought change was good at this point , guess it's just leading in the same direction unfortunately.
?? From prairie gold to the DC combos, one thing that has not been constant has been our uniforms.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 626 times
Been liked: 260 times

joshvanklomp wrote:
Josh Allen looks a lot thicker. And nice dab, Brian. :cool:

Oh, and the jerseys look freaking awesome.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

I thought I remember seeing somewhere that Brian Hill will be wearing number 5 this coming season... I wonder why he was still wearing number 8 in this video?
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

joshvanklomp wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:i know it probably won't be popular but I think they are wacked! To me they look like a throwback from the 80's. All comparisons to winning and losing aside, we had a chance to do it right and step up the flare and we flopped. Nike would have created whatever we wanted and we went with this? Wyoming had a chance to be different, unique, and we went with what appears to be a high school look. Two jerseys and one set of pants. Fail!
"Step up the flare" sounds like what the NFL's Jacksonville Jaguars tried to do with their look. Now they look like a CFL team. Is that what you'd want?
No.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

They look great!
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

I like them. If anything, get rid of the brown stripe on the pants and maybe have the sleeve stripes a little higher on the shoulder. But, I think they are sharp.
jarhead
Ranch Hand

I think these would have been nice with the brown helmet.
jarhead
Ranch Hand

jarhead wrote:I think these would have been nice with the brown helmet.
Sorry for the image quality...I uploaded from my phone.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Interesting that in the video they used helmets with a tinted visor, since players can't use those in games it will look a bit different. Maybe just for the "cool factor" for the photo shoot.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

jarhead wrote:I think these would have been nice with the brown helmet.
I like the same look with all white! Brown Helmet would have made both combos look bad ass!
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

Not a big fan of the crew socks either. Need to add a team sock like the NFL has.