So does anyone know if that private plane tweet was legit?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Depending on if that's true or not, that could really help. I don't know if the jet fuel comes from the athletics budget, but that could make a big difference in recruiting if we don't have to pay for as many plane tickets to get kids out here.

I'm still shocked that our recruiting budget is only a quarter of a million dollars. No wonder we can only recruit the last two weeks of recruiting season. Everything else has to be done my mail and telephone.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

could you link the tweet you're referring to?
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
KansasPoke
Ranch Hand

Believe it is true. Not to mention Bohl himself is a pilot.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

The reference was to a line item in Bohl's contract that calls for the use of a private Jet. The "jet" in question is that state's or the Governor's jet I believe. It is no different than what DC had. The issue is what is Bohl's priority on the jet........does the govenor, the prez etc....take president?
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

"Precedent" sorry
lakesbison
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Bohl flies his own plane around the Dakota's/Minnesota recruiting and wanted access to a Wyoming Jet, pretty cool perk if ou ask me. Coach bohl went to every single HS in north Dakota and northwest Minnesota no matter if they had a D1 prospect or not, that was such a great idea! I'd imagine he'd do the same in Wyoming
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

lakesbison wrote:Bohl flies his own plane around the Dakota's/Minnesota recruiting and wanted access to a Wyoming Jet, pretty cool perk if ou ask me. Coach bohl went to every single HS in north Dakota and northwest Minnesota no matter if they had a D1 prospect or not, that was such a great idea! I'd imagine he'd do the same in Wyoming
This sounds great to me. I have been a pilot for a long time - but put my plane in the hangar for the last time. He will find flying much different in Wyoming than it is in the Midwest with the wind in the wintertime & high density altitude in the summer. His outlook on recruiting should work well for us.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
The Virginian
Cowpoke

Burman, in his talk with KFBC Sports yesterday touched on that. He said because of Laramie's isolation from major airports it's difficult for coaches of all sports to get on the recruiting trail and back in an efficient manner. He said they are studying the situation closely but says that they'll have to use private aircraft and that will cost money, but in the long run he didn't say anything about use of a State aircraft or Craig Bohl flying himself.

Burman talks to KFBC Sports
This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke
lakesbison
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

"At NDSU Bohl bought an airplane (a single-engine piston-driven Mooney model) and learned to fly. His piloting skills also come in handy on recruiting trips throughout the upper Midwest, sometimes landing in a field outside a local 9-man HS game"
Hayduke
Cowpoke

Well, I'm not sure how this would work, but Bohl will be a state employee. So, does state business include recruiting for the University's football team? If some costs come out of the recruiting budget, would anybody in the state government stop it?

http://www.dot.state.wy.us/home/aeronau ... t_ops.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"The Flight Operations section of the Aeronautics Division is responsible for state-owned aircraft, providing air transportation for state agency employees performing official state business."
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa