Jeff Tedford to Wyoming?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Cowduck
Cowpoke

Count me in on Tedford. That would be a great hire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hithere
Ranch Hand

NowherePoke wrote:That's true of any potential hire though.

I like Tedford as an option. Won more at Cal than anybody else in the last 50 years. Has the connections and experience to build a quality staff (assuming we provide the budget, as noted above).
Yep. And any potential hire has to work for Burman.

Stating facts is depressing.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

He did win quite a bit at Cal, but almost always struggled at away games. Wouldn't be a bad hire I think, but I don't know about the best. But I wouldn't mind much if he came here and got Wyoming back on track with winning, recruiting, and developing players.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

hithere wrote:
NowherePoke wrote:That's true of any potential hire though.

I like Tedford as an option. Won more at Cal than anybody else in the last 50 years. Has the connections and experience to build a quality staff (assuming we provide the budget, as noted above).
Yep. And any potential hire has to work for Burman.

Stating facts is depressing.
It usually is when it comes to UW athletics.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

A lot of his drafted players were not highly sought after, and were developed. This is a former head coach. From a big school, where he looks like a God now that he's gone. We recruit the hell out of California and the PNW which is his region. Colorado is practically western California anyway, kids here don't even care about CU anymore they root for USC, Cal, and Stanford. You would have the winningest coach in Cal history in your living room. He has amazing connections and respect. QB Guru. If he wanted the job, who would be better? He's 52. He's my new #1

#1 Tedford/Petrino which is a pipe dream probably
#2 Mangino
#3 Wilcox
#4 Bohl
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

LasCrucesPoke wrote:A lot of his drafted players were not highly sought after, and were developed. This is a former head coach. From a big school, where he looks like a God now that he's gone. We recruit the hell out of California and the PNW which is his region. Colorado is practically western California anyway, kids here don't even care about CU anymore they root for USC, Cal, and Stanford. You would have the winningest coach in Cal history in your living room. He has amazing connections and respect. QB Guru. If he wanted the job, who would be better? He's 52. He's my new #1

#1 Tedford/Petrino which is a pipe dream probably
#2 Mangino
#3 Wilcox
#4 Bohl
Excellent post. My top 5 is similar:

1. Bohl
2. Tedford
3. Wilcox
4. Narduzzi
5. Petrino

Not sold on Mangino.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Definitely high risk high reward for the big man. He could easily end up being Christensen part 2.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

One thing to add on Tedford: Connections to California junior colleges as well as high schools. Would be big for a quick rebuild.
Cowduck
Cowpoke

Tedford built a winner at frigging Cal. Cal had had five winning seasons in the thirty before he took over. He's well known as a QB whisperer. He has an unstoppable work ethic. I'm all in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

The more I read about this guy, the more I get pumped to think that he might be leading the program. I bet if Tedford were hired it would stop all talk of any player leaving IMMEDIATELY. He is also available to start now and hit the recruiting trail almost immediately. Unlike Petrino he doesn't bring any baggage. Tedford was at Cal a long time and didn't leave under any cloud and he holds many coaching records at Cal. If I were Burman I would jump on this opportunity and try to close this deal as quickly as possible. I just hope that Burman is able to get the money to make this happen, by making sure we can meet Tedford's salary demands and that we can up the pay scale of the assistants and the recruiting budget! Recruiting to Cal is not easy despite them being in California, as they have some really stringent academic requirements and they typically didn't get the cream of the crop, that went to USC and others so Tedford had to be able to develop players and he is especially known for developing QB's which should make Brett happy. Man O Man I am just seeing a lot of good possibilities if we are able to get Tedford.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

I always get my hopes up then wake up to a uw press release saying "we hired Stu Podasso from Somecrap Community College"
ProudWYOAlum
Ranch Hand

I kind of worry about Wake Forest leap frogging us for Tedford's services... Let's get it done!
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

ProudWYOAlum wrote:I kind of worry about Wake Forest leap frogging us for Tedford's services... Let's get it done!
I would be surprised if Wake Forest is a good fit for Tedford. The reason for this is that Tedford is a California guy and has all of his recruiting connections in California and the west coast. Wake Forest is an Eastern team that gets the vast majority of its players in the area of Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia and Florida very far from California. If Tedford takes the Wyoming job, California is a natural recruiting base for a western team like Wyoming.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 34 times

Isn't Wake a pretty uppity academic school?

Also...
djm19 wrote:I always get my hopes up then wake up to a uw press release saying "we hired Stu Podasso from Somecrap Community College"
I LOLed at this.
ImageImageImageImage
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Also, a plus for Tedford is he could recruit California and be able to tell recruits that Wyoming will be playing in their backyards during their career.
ImageImageImageImage
Wyogogo
Buckaroo

Tedford is legit. I would be stoked with that hire.
castlerocker
Cowpoke

Look at Cal now 1-11 thats pathetic and their talent is even worse.

The above quote would understandably be reason to assume that he maybe had it a few years ago but may have run out of gas.

1-11 record is beyond logic. That's many times worse than our record is NOW! I don't think Wally's little brother could drum up optimism in this situation.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Tedford in the lead?
http://www.footballscoop.com/the-scoop" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; https://twitter.com/footballscoop/statu ... 0153349120
ImageImageImageImage
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

He is without a doubt my new favorite.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 317 times
Been liked: 125 times

djm19 wrote:I always get my hopes up then wake up to a uw press release saying "we hired Stu Podasso from Somecrap Community College"
:rofl:

You are not alone!
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...