Wyoming @ Ohio Prediction Thread

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

This will decide how we do this season.

Wyoming 24
Ohio 21
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

I agree. If we win, we'll go bowling again. If we lose,.... :roll:

Wyoming 27,
Ohio 24.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Bobcat Pride
Buckaroo

I see the early line has the Cowboys favored by 3 1/2. I'm glad to see that. Last year, the Bobcats seemed to play well when feeling that they were the underdog.

I think this will be a really good game, and I think the feeling is that Ohio fans will know a lot more about the team this year based on the results of this game. The Bobcats have more talent and depth in the defensive secondary than they've had in a long time. Being able to hang so long with Va. Tech last week could be a good sign. The fact that Coach Solich and the rest of the team seem to be truly upset by not coming out of Blacksburg with a win could be an even better one.

In a close one...

Ohio 20
Wyoming 17
Kansan Cowboy!
Ranch Hand

Well, We've played some great Rb's this year, so if we play D like we've been playing and our Offense doesn't get stupid. By stupid I mean, the heart of your Offense is your RB's and each one only gets 8 carries each.Then I'll say we have a good chance of winning.
Wyoming 19
Ohion 13
Doc Bobcat
Buckaroo

Frank was not happy with the loss at VaTech. The o-line got pushed around and after a 7-7 halftime score the defense just gave out.

Look for a fresher defense and an angrier offensive line.....Bobcats 13-Cowboys 10.
tttgowyo
Ranch Hand

For some crazy reason, I feel like we are going to turn it back on this week. Maybe wishful thinking, but I am going to say we win by at least 10. I say we dominate on D, and do enough offensively to get out of there with a W.

WYO - 27
OHIO - 17

GO POKES!!
gopokes1399
Blog Team

If this is a close game, we lose
Ohio 14
Wyo 10

If the O shows up like i think they will it will be
Wyo 31
Ohio 10
Thats my prediction it wonl't be as close as u guys think wyo owns!
gopokes1399
Blog Team

Ohio beat La. Lafeyatte (0-3) 28-23 the same team that lost to IAA McNeese State 38-17 just somethin to think about, remember when WYO whooped App State! App State has come far since then
uhwarrior23
Ranch Hand

Wyoming 24
Ohio 28
Colt Brennan= Future Hall of Famer!!!!!!!!!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

uhwarrior23 wrote:Wyoming 24
Ohio 28
Why you think Ohio will beat us by 4?
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
uhwarrior23
Ranch Hand

Wyokie wrote:
Ohio 28
Wyoming will have to prove to me they can bounce back from the BSU game and most importantly, score points. Ohio is undefeated and they're at home. I expect a good game that could go either way. Just gotta go w/ the home team here.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

uhwarrior23 wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
Ohio 28
Wyoming will have to prove to me they can bounce back from the BSU game and most importantly, score points. Ohio is undefeated and they're at home. I expect a good game that could go either way. Just gotta go w/ the home team here.
Ohio isn't undefeated. They lost to VaTech last weekend.
ImageImageImageImage
uhwarrior23
Ranch Hand

MrTitleist wrote:
uhwarrior23 wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
Ohio 28
Ohio isn't undefeated. They lost to VaTech last weekend.
My bad. 2-1. They played VA Tech close for 3 qtrs.
oubobcatjohn
Buckaroo

Ohio 14 Wyoming 13

Both these teams seem to have good defense. Bobcats are a very physical team and Wyoming has to get use to playing in such a tiny stadium. Pitt had the same problem when Ohio beat them in 2005. MAC teams don't get any respect from national media due to getting drubbed by BCS teams on the road, but MAC teams tend to have a chip on their shoulder and play very well vs non-bcs schools and service academies. This game is for a bowl game for bowl teams. Someone is gonna be 3-1 and looking very strong, while the other will be 2-2 and has its season in the balance in week 5. My guess is Ohio will be typical and grind the clock to keep the ball away from Wyoming and Wyoming will move the ball but not enough to put the game away. Ohio makes a big special teams play and pulls this one out.
spindoctor02
WyoNation Moderator

You think Wyoming is going to have an issue playing in a small stadium? I just graduated from there a year ago and I don't think we ever had more than 21,000 people at a game the whole time I was in school. Playing in a small stadium will have no effect or maybe even a positive effect on the Pokes. The thing that you should be focusing on is that the game is NOT in Laramie. The Pokes just haven't figured out how to win on the road yet. That being said, I think the Cowboys figure out how to move the ball this week and put a hurting on the Bobcats. The road losing woes end this week. The Cowboys respond to 2 straight lackluster games with a dominating defensive performance and return to Laramie 3-1...

UW - 31
OU - 10

GO POKES!
Doc Bobcat
Buckaroo

Ohio makes a big special teams play and pulls this one out.

This could be the key to the game no matter who wins. Both squads have excellent kick returners. I'm not sure about Wyoming's kicker....but we have transfer Michael Braunstein from Washington and he's as we say in Suthern Ahia....a goodun.
Kansan Cowboy!
Ranch Hand

We have Billy Vinnedge and Jake Scott. Vinnedge was and still is our punter, but when Aric Goodman left last year he took over along with scott. This was Vinn's first year to kick field goals, and he's been doing a heck of a job in my opinion. Vinn usually comes out for the longer FG's and Scott comes out for the shorter ones. I think we've only missed one this year if I'm not mistaken.
tttgowyo
Ranch Hand

Kansan Cowboy! wrote:We have Billy Vinnedge and Jake Scott. Vinnedge was and still is our punter, but when Aric Goodman left last year he took over along with scott. This was Vinn's first year to kick field goals, and he's been doing a heck of a job in my opinion. Vinn usually comes out for the longer FG's and Scott comes out for the shorter ones. I think we've only missed one this year if I'm not mistaken.

I think you are right.. Vinny's second attempt against UVA a 48 yarder..

GO POKES!!
UVABy20
Buckaroo

Wyo by 20
tttgowyo
Ranch Hand

UVABy20 wrote:Wyo by 20
Nice win against the Heels...

GO POKES!!