The List of attributes that the new HC will need to have.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

For me, first and foremost and without a doubt....the new HC has to be an incredible recruiter. That was one of DC's biggest failures in my mind and that was failure to get the type of speed and type of athletes in Laramie that he could win with. We were told, regular as clockwork after each signing day that he had signed an outstanding class that was better than the last class. Sorry if you are talking about a lack of depth in your 5th year then that appears to be a big flop in your recruiting. While I like some of the young players in the program and there are a few gems, overall our team speed at the skill positions was really lacking! Please don't throw the injury excuse in there, every team has injuries, look at Utah St., they lost their top QB and had to go with a true freshman and they still took us apart.

The second attribute is an ability to teach and develop players. We know that we aren't going to get the most polished players out there, so when they come here there needs to be improvement on a regular basis, and I just flatly didn't see that out of DC and his staff. Not saying that they didn't try and speak to them about things, but for whatever reasons the players that they recruited and signed did not take the teaching to a point that it showed up on the field.

Thirdly, the attribute of game management, being able to make adjustments during a game and being able to recognize and change things quickly.

Fourth and last major attribute is hiring a great staff that works well together and are good recruiters as well and good teachers.

Other attributes that I think are important: being able to motivate and keep kids as good students. It should be remembered the kids are here on ATHLETIC scholarships not academic scholarships. While I think that it is important for these kids to graduate from UW with a degree and an education that will benefit them throughout their lives, I feel that they need to also produce on the field.