QB's

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
steelbed58
Buckaroo

How are the QB's looking? I know the wr's aren't catching the ball but who looks good at QB?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

The media has indicated that Sween looks the best (see Thursday Boomerang). Also there was previous articles that mentioned Benjamin having to play "catch up" as far as playbook, etc., and also that ACS looks fast / quick...

http://www.laramieboomerang.com/article ... 187669.txt

"Earlier in the session, senior quarterback Karsten Sween and junior wide receiver David Leonard connected on a nice scoring play inside the 20-yard line. Leonard hauled in Sween’s pass on a crossing pattern and then motored about 10 yards into the end zone."
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

One football preseason publication I was just looking at in Wal-Mart had, for the lines-ups, ACS 1st team, Benjamin second team QB. No mention of Sween at all.
steelbed58
Buckaroo

Has anyone been to a practice to see. Media publications are too far behind the times.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

steelbed58 wrote:Has anyone been to a practice to see. Media publications are too far behind the times.
I am going to roll over to Laramie for the 3rd scrum, Saturday, August 22nd, 10:00am. I will post my opinion about everything then. I chose that date because I think, at that point, we will have a better idea of how everything looks...QB's, WR's, Special Teams, Etc.
Dear Karma,

JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

I have a membership to gowygo. Regardless, someone posted some observations from the scrimmage today that were VERY encouraging. Benajmin accounted for 3 TD...two passes and one long run. Apparently, he was able to move the ball well against all the defenses, etc. I guess overall, the offense looked good and made the defense look slow at times.

Considering how good our defense is, this is very encouraging to hear.

Bring on the Wildcats.

Go Pokes!!
Last edited by JimmyDimes on Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

JimmyDimes wrote:I have a membership to gowygo. Regardless, someone posted some observations from the scrimmage today that were VERY encouraging. Benajim accounted for 3 TD...two passes and one long run. Apparently, he was able to move the ball well against all the defenses, etc. I guess overall, the offense looked good and made the defense look slow at times.

Considering how good our defense is, this is very encouraging to hear.

Bring on the Wildcats.

Go Pokes!!
That is terrific news. Best we could hope for really. It will be interesting to see the media's take...I bet the CST already has something up on their site...
Dear Karma,

cheypoke
Ranch Hand

Sounds like Benjamin has moved himself to the top of the list. Great news. Sounds like the offense as a whole had a great morning. Now, I know we wont see 50 points a game, but it is at least refreshing to see SOME spark returning to that side of the ball.
steelbed58
Buckaroo

Was it scrimmage 1 benjamin, Scrimmage 2 Sween?