Why do people refer to TCU, bWHYu, and Utard as...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

The "Big" Three? Because they have all been decent (at points) the last 4 or 5 years? We have beaten both TCU and Utard in that timeframe...bWHYu is another story...

But to refer to them as the "BIG THREE"? Give me a break, they can get their asses kicked any given Saturday. Big 3...my ass.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Who's this "bWHYu" you speak of and why do they matter?
ImageImageImageImage
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

I think it is the fans of those schools, in particular BYU, that are calling themselves the Big 3...even though they have finished in the top 3 exactly once.

We'll beat at least one of them this year.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

JimmyDimes wrote:I think it is the fans of those schools, in particular BYU, that are calling themselves the Big 3...even though they have finished in the top 3 exactly once.

We'll beat at least one of them this year.
JD...I think you are right, we will beat at least one of them this year. I can't stant the arrogance...like they are the end all of everything MWC.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 49 times

People call them the big 3 because they have owned this conference since its inception. Here's a breakdown of conference champions in football in the MWC:

BYU - 4
Utah - 4
TCU - 1
CSU - 3

Nobody else has ever won a MWC championship. I counted it as a championship if there was a share of the title which is why there are more championships than years. Remember, TCU has only been in the league for 4 years and they already have a MWC championship. The past is one thing, but it is very clear to me right now that BYU, Utah, and TCU are on a totally different level from the rest of the league right now. If you need any more proof, go check out their recruiting compared to the rest of the teams in the league.

Look, I hate losing to these mother f-word repeatedly (and often getting blown out), but until someone can beat them on a consistent basis, then they are the big 3.
Dread_Pirate_Cowboy
Ranch Hand

Could be because any of these 3 could have gone BCS last year and nobody really knew who it would be until after the last game of the season. Possibly...maybe.
"Good?...Bad?.....I'm the guy with the Gun!" -- Ash Williams
weberwildcat
Buckaroo

pokerupfront
Ranch Hand

weberwildcat wrote:Image
Nice, maybe we need an outlet for those fine shirts. :lol:
Dread_Pirate_Cowboy
Ranch Hand

Zinger! very original. Far better than the shirt I bought at UW's student union years ago with a Poke on a horse stomping the tar out of a cougar all while taking a dump on him (the horse, not the poke).
"Good?...Bad?.....I'm the guy with the Gun!" -- Ash Williams