Expect changes in Depth Chart?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
evilpoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Anyone expect any changes in the depth chart after this scrimmage?

My guesses:
Benjamin up to No. 2 QB (maybe 1, but doubt it)
Alvester Alexander up to No. 3 RB
Fred Givens back up to No. 1 NG (I think he was No. 2 due to missing spring ball)

Also - starting right guard - true freshman Nick Carlson? And is he really just 235 pounds? That's a linebacker weight, not right guard -
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

What does the WR chart look like, you think? And how about James Caraway?
ImageImageImageImage
evilpoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

For the first game, I think the starters will be:

Travis Burkhalter - X
Brandon Stewart - H
David Leonard - Z

But who knows about the backups? The only ones to catch a pass were Bolger (who will be second team), Chris McNeil (true freshman) and then Bolling and Morgan, who will be suspended.

In a 3-receiver offense, this team will only have three experienced wide receivers to start the season. (YIK)

Unfortunately, that may mean burning some redshirts for some guys who could use the year off.

I guess the good thing is that they have more WRs than they know what to do with - play a two tight end set for most of that first game?

Orlando Arnold might jump in there and be the starting TE, too -
Stuck
Ranch Hand

Also - starting right guard - true freshman Nick Carlson? And is he really just 235 pounds? That's a linebacker weight, not right guard -
According to my daughter, who had a class with Nick Carlson, he weighed around 265 when classes ended last spring and was asked by coaches to put on possibly another 20 lbs over the summer break.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

evilpoke wrote:Anyone expect any changes in the depth chart after this scrimmage?

My guesses:
Benjamin up to No. 2 QB (maybe 1, but doubt it)
Alvester Alexander up to No. 3 RB
Fred Givens back up to No. 1 NG (I think he was No. 2 due to missing spring ball)

Benjamin has a legitmate shot to start on 9/05, although I think, for experience sake, DC may stick with Karsten for the first few series...
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...