Fresno State Gametime Temp!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 324 times
Been liked: 127 times

Looks like it will be hovering around 30 at kickoff. No precipitation forecasted at this point (damnit). Hoping that we have winds in the 30-40 mph range. Mother nature will be our 12th man on 11/09!

:thumb:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

Unless, of course, we practice indoors for two weeks. Then it will be equally as awful for us as it is them.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

BackHarlowRoad wrote:Unless, of course, we practice indoors for two weeks. Then it will be equally as awful for us as it is them.
Not really 100% true.
Cold weather is going to make it a lot harder for Carr to pass the ball.
They can't run the ball.
We can. Hell we are 22nd in the country in rush yards....
Not only that, but they are down in sunny warm Cali. If we go fast tempo against those guys on defense right away, their lungs won't be adjusted to the cold, or the elevation.

If it comes down to it, we can just have Wick and Smith run the ball with the occasional screen by Smith and move the ball all night on them.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

McPeachy wrote:Looks like it will be hovering around 30 at kickoff. No precipitation forecasted at this point (damnit). Hoping that we have winds in the 30-40 mph range. Mother nature will be our 12th man on 11/09!

:thumb:
It is a bit early to determine the weather yet, but it may snow according to AW:
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/larami ... 576?day=10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It could be between 25 and 21 and kick off. I have a feeling its going to be a cold one!
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

BeaverPoke wrote:
BackHarlowRoad wrote:Unless, of course, we practice indoors for two weeks. Then it will be equally as awful for us as it is them.
Not really 100% true.
They can't run the ball.
Not only that, but they are down in sunny warm Cali. If we go fast tempo against those guys on defense right away, their lungs won't be adjusted to the cold, or the elevation.

If it comes down to it, we can just have Wick and Smith run the ball with the occasional screen by Smith and move the ball all night on them.
Good point. I'll make one subtle change though....Fresno can't run the ball against teams other than Wyo. As we all know by now, Wyo's defense is an entirely different story.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Our D confuses me. It is so bad yes, but they did pretty decent against Nebraska in Lincoln. They did decent against NM. But they also got absolutely blown up by CSU against the run.
I think if it is so cold and windy that Carr can't throw it, Fresno will have to run the ball as much as CSU did to win the game.

Really, though we do just need it to be as cold and miserable as possible for that game.
Warm weather, and Fresno smokes us.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
roozy
Ranch Hand

BeaverPoke wrote:
Not really 100% true.
They can't run the ball.

Not worried about scoring on Fresno... the key is to stop them. Afterall, we have a perfect record against them at home to protect.
Jesus First, then football
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

That's why I think we need cold windy snowy weather. Anything to slow them down.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

BeaverPoke wrote:That's why I think we need cold windy snowy weather. Anything to slow them down.
Tanya Harding for hire? :lol:
Dear Karma,

Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 50 times

McPeachy wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:That's why I think we need cold windy snowy weather. Anything to slow them down.
LOL That was almost 20 years ago. :rofl:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Wyokie wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
LOL That was almost 20 years ago. :rofl:
So now she is stronger, faster, tougher, and smarter? Hired!

From this:

To this:
Dear Karma,

Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

BeaverPoke wrote:Our D confuses me. It is so bad yes, but they did pretty decent against Nebraska in Lincoln. They did decent against NM. But they also got absolutely blown up by CSU against the run.
I think if it is so cold and windy that Carr can't throw it, Fresno will have to run the ball as much as CSU did to win the game.

Really, though we do just need it to be as cold and miserable as possible for that game.
If 966 combined yards and 68 points is "decent" defense, you're right, you are confused...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Wyovanian wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:Our D confuses me. It is so bad yes, but they did pretty decent against Nebraska in Lincoln. They did decent against NM. But they also got absolutely blown up by CSU against the run.

If 966 combined yards and 68 points is "decent" defense, you're right, you are confused...
Let's see here wyonavian, since you love to just pick and choose words to argue with anything I say, here's the second thing I said.
Our defense is so bad.
:o
But yet, we held Nebraska to less than their season average in points scored, held Idaho to less than their season average in points scored, AFA scored their season average against us, held NM to less than their season average (and over 100 yards less than their average rush yards).

At times, they have done what they needed to do, getting stops, and forcing turnovers.
They have the ability. They are not good, but they can play good D at times. They just need to play consistently.
And getting rid of Tormey was a good start.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Please stick to the topic you guys...

Dear Karma,

stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

I can't wait honestly!!!!! GO POKES