The key number for the season - 24!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
evilpoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

If the defense performs as good as think it will, I think the team will be in good shape if they average 24 points a game.

Last year, the Pokes had three games - New Mexico, Air Force and UNLV - where if Wyoming had put 24 points up on the board, they would have either won or gone into overtime. Then there's CSU, which won 31-20.

Keep in mind last year that Wyoming averaged only about 13 points a game.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

evilpoke wrote:If the defense performs as good as think it will, I think the team will be in good shape if they average 24 points a game.

Last year, the Pokes had three games - New Mexico, Air Force and UNLV - where if Wyoming had put 24 points up on the board, they would have either won or gone into overtime. Then there's CSU, which won 31-20.

Keep in mind last year that Wyoming averaged only about 13 points a game.
I thought for a minute, that the number 24 represented last years turnovers...but those numbers were 23 fumbles and 17 interceptions, for a grand total of 40. Unreal, 40 times the ball hit the ground &/or ended up potentially in the other teams hands (although of the 23 fumbles on offense, we did manage to get 4 back). The stat nobody talks about...how many first possession pick 6's did UW give up last year in a row...4 or 5?
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...