Wyoming @ Nebraska - GTS

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

djm19 wrote:
knapplc wrote:Question for you Pokes - Does Smith run well? If the pocket breaks down and he has to run for it, is he a threat to take it to the house?
No. Tell the defensive coordinator to blitz everytime.
live by the sword, hope they die by it as well with those open Pokes downfield
trouble
Buckaroo

stymeman wrote:I wish NU would over look us, like they did in 1994, we all know lots of things have to happen for us to have a shot, but if it does happen I'm gonna be there in Lincoln, celebrating like no other. Taylor Martinez still doesn't impress me, unless he's vastly improved from when they came here and from what I saw last year. What's funny about when NU fans get on here, they always want to throw stats at ya, dudes, we know you're good, just not Top 10 type good, 18-19 is right where you belong, but 1st game of the season anything can and may happen, that's why I'm happy its the 1st game of the season. Brett Smith has gotten better from what I've heard in the pocket, but his main weapon is his legs when it breaks down, he's like a 3 RB from the backfield, not super speedy but will surprise you, and takes a licking like a RB not a QB that folds like an lawn chair when he gets hit.
GO POKES, be respectable in Lincoln!!!
I just don't see this being much of a game. NUs offense is the best it's been since Beck has taken over, and has a ton of weapons all over the field. For as much as some of you on this board bash Martinez and his throwing ability, remember, Martinez is .1% behind your own Brett Smith(62.1% compared to 62.) and played a substantially tougher schedule. He does turn the ball over a ton more than anybody would like but the majority of his turnovers come against tougher BCS schools(10 of his 12 Ints came against OSU, MSU, UW, and UGA). Wyoming has nowhere near the caliber of athletes that any of those schools have.

As far as the defense goes...Yeah...They got smoked in a couple games last year and there is no excuse for that. They lost most of the front seven but have replaced them with much less experienced yet much more athletically gifted players. How exactly will that play out? Nobody knows until the season starts, but it certainly can't be worse than last year. Our secondary returns almost everybody, and will again be the strength. Seeing as Wyoming is much more of a passing team, I just don't see much being put on the board unless you can somehow push us off the ball and get a running game going which will in turn make our secondary bite on the PA more.

Wyomings lack of depth will very much come into play here, NU has very good depth in the trenches and if WYoming can't macth that and be able to rotate players in and out consistantly, then NUs fronts(Offensive and defensive) will start to manhandle them by the 3rd/4th quarter.

This is going to be a 52-17 type of win for NU. Wyoming is not Michigan St, is not Wisconsin, and certainly not OSU or UGA. Good luck to the team, but they just won't keep up.
The Virginian
Cowpoke

Whatever dude. Whatever floats your husker.
This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 91 times

My guess is that the final will be 35-24 with NU winning.

We have the depth to keep up for about 3 quarters, but after that, I think we just don't have the horses, particularly on the D line, with NU's strength being its O line. This will play out much like Texas last year I think.

Looking at NU's schedule from last year, I would say that this will be akin to the Minnesota game. We are no Idaho State or Southern Miss, like some Husker fans want to believe.

All bets are off if we can get some quick scores and somehow force NU to go away from the run, where their ability to grind down our O line could be curtailed.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

I'm all about truth here. Wyoming's D has been terrible the last couple of years - rated almost at the bottom last year. We have nothing to brag about - our D has to show us they have improved.
Our O is another story. Smith is legitimate and is a complete QB. Remember Dave Christensen as the OC at Missouri? He is calling the offensive plays this year. Remember the name Herron (SR - WR), he has world class speed and you will hear his name a lot on Saturday. Don't focus too much on him though, because we are really deep in talented WRs.
If our D has improved, it should be a good game. If our D has not improved, it will probably be a blow-out.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
trouble
Buckaroo

WYCowboy wrote:I'm all about truth here. Wyoming's D has been terrible the last couple of years - rated almost at the bottom last year. We have nothing to brag about - our D has to show us they have improved.
Our O is another story. Smith is legitimate and is a complete QB. Remember Dave Christensen as the OC at Missouri? He is calling the offensive plays this year. Remember the name Herron (SR - WR), he has world class speed and you will hear his name a lot on Saturday. Don't focus too much on him though, because we are really deep in talented WRs.
If our D has improved, it should be a good game. If our D has not improved, it will probably be a blow-out.
If the numbers I can find on Herron are correct, he most certainly is a speedy little guy.

One guy won't keep you in the game though.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

that's why i like your big long explanations, like you have to justify you're bmoc and BIG guy complex, we know we aren't supposed to win, the thing i hate is your score predictions, if that's what keeps you happy but beating up on a little guy...so be it, so if we cover I'm happy, if we come out with few injuries, hooray, IF WE PULL the Miracle hooray, remember Appliachian St over Michigan at the big house, and last year when Louisiana Monroe pulled the shocker in Arkansas....there will be a day, someday, that the MIGHTY HUSKERS lose to a lesser team SOMEDAY, maybe Aug 31, 2013, but then again...YOU ARE NEBRASKA....lol
T-Magic3
Buckaroo

So when you guys win 5 games this year, is Mr. Howdy Doody on the hot seat? Does the fan base miss Joe Glenn yet?
Does Christiansen know his team has a defensive side of the ball? Will your team be ready to go at the Buck next Thursday? Lastly, is your running back as elusive as skater guy?
Thanks,

A concerned Husker Fan
trouble
Buckaroo

stymeman wrote:that's why i like your big long explanations, like you have to justify you're bmoc and BIG guy complex, we know we aren't supposed to win, the thing i hate is your score predictions, if that's what keeps you happy but beating up on a little guy...so be it, so if we cover I'm happy, if we come out with few injuries, hooray, IF WE PULL the Miracle hooray, remember Appliachian St over Michigan at the big house, and last year when Louisiana Monroe pulled the shocker in Arkansas....there will be a day, someday, that the MIGHTY HUSKERS lose to a lesser team SOMEDAY, maybe Aug 31, 2013, but then again...YOU ARE NEBRASKA....lol
That day came in 2009, versus Iowa State. 9-7. If you want to see see some pure gold comedy, then give this a look.

So bad that I can only laugh when I go back and watch that.

Also, everybody has their own opinions, and I can say for both sides that we don't have all the facts for either team here. I certainly do not watch Wyoming on any kind of regular basis and Im sure the same can be said for Wyoming fans and Nebraska. I think there is a lot of misinformation sometimes and the couple laughable blowouts that happened last year vs Nebraska are the only games that stick out to some of the Wyoming fans.

NUs offense was top ten last year, it will be better this year. That will be a fact. If Wyoming has a chance in this game, then they better score early and often, because Wyoming doesn't seem to have the defense to stop NU.
Last edited by trouble on Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
knapplc
Buckaroo

T-Magic3 wrote:So when you guys win 5 games this year, is Mr. Howdy Doody on the hot seat? Does the fan base miss Joe Glenn yet?
Does Christiansen know his team has a defensive side of the ball? Will your team be ready to go at the Buck next Thursday? Lastly, is your running back as elusive as skater guy?
Thanks,

A concerned Husker Fan
Don't troll their board. Not cool.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

T-Magic3 wrote:So when you guys win 5 games this year, is Mr. Howdy Doody on the hot seat? Does the fan base miss Joe Glenn yet?
Thanks,

A concerned Husker Fan
If we are such a poop program, and you are over here trolling us and mocking us, what does that make you? The douche who thinks just because he grew up in Nebraska is somehow better than everyone else because you remember the good ole days when Nebraska was playing Miami in the Orange Bowl? T-Magic, that's a cute name, keep making your username that is copying an actual player on the team that you so greatly look up to.

When Bo gets Nebraska back to another conference championship game and then loses it....again, will you guys fire Bo? Or say just 1 more year because we love his "complex schemes on defense" and next year is the year!
When Taylor Martinez fumbles the ball away in the biggest game of his career, will you guys still proclaim your love for him?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Fellas, football is all folks from that flat state filled with corn and bugs have. They have to talk tough about football. It's tough talking about how good the corn is going to be year in and year out. Or, how far you drove after falling asleep on one of those straight, flat roads.

When we kick their asses, they will only have corn.

Go Pokes!!
trouble
Buckaroo

JimmyDimes wrote:Fellas, football is all folks from that flat state filled with corn and bugs have. They have to talk tough about football. It's tough talking about how good the corn is going to be year in and year out. Or, how far you drove after falling asleep on one of those straight, flat roads.

When we kick their asses, they will only have corn.

Go Pokes!!

This coming from somebody from a state who's capital city has less people in it then Memorial Stadium does on any fall Saturday. :whistle:

:thumb:
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

trouble wrote:
stymeman wrote:that's why i like your big long explanations, like you have to justify you're bmoc and BIG guy complex, we know we aren't supposed to win, the thing i hate is your score predictions, if that's what keeps you happy but beating up on a little guy...so be it, so if we cover I'm happy, if we come out with few injuries, hooray, IF WE PULL the Miracle hooray, remember Appliachian St over Michigan at the big house, and last year when Louisiana Monroe pulled the shocker in Arkansas....there will be a day, someday, that the MIGHTY HUSKERS lose to a lesser team SOMEDAY, maybe Aug 31, 2013, but then again...YOU ARE NEBRASKA....lol
That day came in 2009, versus Iowa State. 9-7. If you want to see see some pure gold comedy, then give this a look.

So bad that I can only laugh when I go back and watch that.

Also, everybody has their own opinions, and I can say for both sides that we don't have all the facts for either team here. I certainly do not watch Wyoming on any kind of regular basis and Im sure the same can be said for Wyoming fans and Nebraska. I think there is a lot of misinformation sometimes and the couple laughable blowouts that happened last year vs Nebraska are the only games that stick out to some of the Wyoming fans.

NUs offense was top ten last year, it will be better this year. That will be a fact. If Wyoming has a chance in this game, then they better score early and often, because Wyoming doesn't seem to have the defense to stop NU.
I'd love a track meet game all game long, not sure I'll be able to leave the stadium if that happened, with an all O game, no D on both sides, I'd take those odds. As for trolls whatever makes the ALMIGHTY feel better lol, we know one thing, we aren't spozed to win...lol, as for population ouch that hurts, frankly i don't want that many people in my town causing trouble and arrogance. i have respect for the lack of nothing Nebraska has kinda like us, after all the old saying of why's Wyoming windy, we all know that one, and no Nebraskan would turn down a free hunting fishing trip out the the great outdoors we have here!!!
Last edited by stymeman on Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator

Thanks,

A concerned Husker Fan

You have it all wrong. Howdy Doody is the coach at Air Force. Joe Glenn is a great guy, had very good defenses while here, but couldn't put a good offense together. He also wouldn't make changes to his staff when they weren't getting the job done. As for the rest of your questions, we'll have to wait and see.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Geezus.....we haven't had a banter thread with opposing fans like this in awhile lol.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

fun isn't it....lol
scotchfrost97
Buckaroo

Better hope Cal Poly doesn't roll into town :lmao:
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator

scotchfrost97 wrote:Better hope Cal Poly doesn't roll into town :lmao:
Or Whisky.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 91 times

Cal Poly...they compete with Appy State, right? I seem to remember another Big Ten team swaggering into a game with a lesser opponent - one that could never, ever, in a billion years, compete with the talent of an almighty BCS team - and coming out with a loss.

I am not saying it will happen - in fact I have predicted otherwise above - but that's why they play the game, right?