If Wyo beats Nebraska...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Will that put Wyo in the Top 25? Drop Nebraska out of the Top 25? Will Wyo at least have votes for the Top 25?
And if the Pokes do win, how many fans can we expect at War Memorial against Idaho? 25K?

I would be very bummed out if the Pokes win and only like 20K show up.

Even if the Pokes do not win I still think there will be well over 20K for the Idaho game.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

You would hope the Idaho/UNC games are close to sold out. Even with a loss to the Huskers, everyone in Laramie should show.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

The 1st game of the year at home usually shows rather well, and barring no bad injuries off the the Nebraska win(lol)/loss we should handle the Vandals, but I think we'd get votes if we beat NU but not crack the top 25...I'll be in Lincoln to witness if it does align and happen
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

If Wyoming beat Nebraska you might get 25k for the Idaho game but knowing how a lot of people are and the fact that it is Idaho it isn't a sure bet by any means. You would like for it to be sold out but there is no chance of that happening because of the opponent.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Sorry to say, but there is only one way for the Pokes to win the Nebraska game: Nebraska doesn't show up at the field. What really is at issue here, I think, is the point spread. Beat the oddsmakers spread by a considerable amount and people will show up for the spudchucker game.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Adv8RU12 wrote:Sorry to say, but there is only one way for the Pokes to win the Nebraska game: Nebraska doesn't show up at the field. What really is at issue here, I think, is the point spread. Beat the oddsmakers spread by a considerable amount and people will show up for the spudchucker game.

I agree. The fast paced offense might end up hurting Wyoming in this game as I think it will give Nebraska more opportunities to score. I don't see Wyoming's defense stopping them at all. Wyoming will score a few points but when Wyoming gets stopped it will get stopped quick because the snaps are coming every 10 to 12 seconds which gives Nebraska the ball more often.

Wyoming just needs to beat the spread and play half way respectable. If Wyoming gets blown out which might happen you will be lucky to see 20 k at the Idaho game.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

if we win... I'm gonna get naked, walk out in my cul-de-sac, and do the victory "I found the gold" dance from city slickers 2; followed by the belly shake from the goonies. if I don't get arrested, then Im going to make crazy love to my wife and try to get her pregnant, cause a day like that needs to be celebrated.

then im gonna look up the area code for Lincoln Nebraska, then just try different numbers till I get through to somebody, and I will tell them how great that game was for me and my family, and thank them for making me very happy.

yup, I just said that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXuZetmoHhw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by carbonpoke on Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Adv8RU12 wrote:Sorry to say, but there is only one way for the Pokes to win the Nebraska game: Nebraska doesn't show up at the field. What really is at issue here, I think, is the point spread. Beat the oddsmakers spread by a considerable amount and people will show up for the spudchucker game.
Sorry to say but you sound like a Nebraska fan and this post had nothing to do with how Wyo is going to beat Nebraska, just simply wondering what the attendance would be like for the home opener if Wyo did.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
StickNnod
Buckaroo

It's been a long time since beating Nebraska was worth any sort of notoriety or poll votes. The pokes have as good a chance as anybody if they just run it up the middle. The Husker defense is going to be awful.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

StickNnod wrote: The Husker defense is going to be awful.
Poke offense should be OK then. This is something they see every day in practice.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

I have 3 words: Take The Over.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

StickNnod wrote:It's been a long time since beating Nebraska was worth any sort of notoriety or poll votes. The pokes have as good a chance as anybody if they just run it up the middle. The Husker defense is going to be awful.
we'll take it and hopefully you are right about the N-De