Loudest game you have ever been to?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Since the Pokes have a game against a team with one of the biggest and best home field advantages in college football next month, and people are talking about how B-Smith said Boise State was twice as loud as the Texas game last season, it got me wondering. What game for has had the loudest crowd? Football and basketball.

I was at that Boise State game in Boise, the one B-Smith said was twice as loud as Texas, it was loud but I don't think it was the loudest by any means.

For me, the loudest game I ever attended was in Salt Lake @ Rice Eccles.
Halloween night, the Utes did a blackout game. Wyo @ Utah. ACS and the Pokes were up on Utah all game, until the 4th quarter. There was some big moments, and big 3rd and 4th downs that game. I don't know if it was because it was the blackout game, or Halloween night or a combo of everything, but the Ute fans were loud as hell. My friend and I couldn't even hear each other standing right next to each other. The stadium literally looked like it was bouncing up and down.

The loudest basketball game I went to, was definitely in the AA when Marcus Bailey was playing. I do not remember which game it was exactly, but I remember being young with my dad there and thinking "This is absolutely crazy". The student section was packed, the lower and upper bowls were filled. I believe that might have been a MWC title year for the Pokes, and it was just totally rocking.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Hawaii vs. Fresno 2001. 50K+....absolutely deafening.

Oregon State impressed too when I went there.

But if we're talking any football game. CentruryLink Field in Seattle......where the Seahawks play. Nobody is even remotely close to being as loud.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote:Hawaii vs. Fresno 2001. 50K+....absolutely deafening.

Oregon State impressed too when I went there.

But if we're talking any football game. CentruryLink Field in Seattle......where the Seahawks play. Nobody is even remotely close to being as loud.
When did you go to an OS Beaver game J-Rod?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

For me....1990 Cowboy Shootout in Casper. When Jack Nokes, whom I was sitting next to helping him on number of fouls per team & players, announced the final of the 1990 Holiday Bowl game in which BYU got their asses handed to them 65-14 by Texas A & M the noise in the Events Center was deafening. Wyoming fans were thrilled BYU got destroyed.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
The Virginian
Cowpoke

Virginia Tech's Lane Stadium is a loud one, particularly when they introduce the team to Metallica's "Enter Sandman"

This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

When UW played at the Swamp in Gainesville.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

BeaverPoke wrote:Since the Pokes have a game against a team with one of the biggest and best home field advantages in college football next month, and people are talking about how B-Smith said Boise State was twice as loud as the Texas game last season, it got me wondering. What game for has had the loudest crowd? Football and basketball.

I was at that Boise State game in Boise, the one B-Smith said was twice as loud as Texas, it was loud but I don't think it was the loudest by any means.

Halloween night, the Utes did a blackout game. Wyo @ Utah. ACS and the Pokes were up on Utah all game, until the 4th quarter. There was some big moments, and big 3rd and 4th downs that game. I don't know if it was because it was the blackout game, or Halloween night or a combo of everything, but the Ute fans were loud as hell. My friend and I couldn't even hear each other standing right next to each other. The stadium literally looked like it was bouncing up and down.

The loudest basketball game I went to, was definitely in the AA when Marcus Bailey was playing. I do not remember which game it was exactly, but I remember being young with my dad there and thinking "This is absolutely crazy". The student section was packed, the lower and upper bowls were filled. I believe that might have been a MWC title year for the Pokes, and it was just totally rocking.
That game was probably in March 2002 when Wyoming played Utah in front of the largest AA crowd ever of over 16,000.

As for football I have to agree with Jrod, the loudest stadium I have been to is Centurylink in Seattle. I'm not a Seahawks fan by any means. I'm actually a Redskins fan but the Clink in Seattle is the loudest pro or college I have been to.

Some of the bigger stadiums in college that you would think would be loud aren't really that loud. Michigan comes to mind as well as Texas. I think some of the louder college atmospheres are in SEC country. A night game in Baton Rouge at LSU would be loud although I haven't been there yet I would love to visit. Virginia Tech is loud just as the Virginian posted. I think Wisconsin's camp randle would be loud and has by far the best student section in all of college football. Those are all on my lists to make it to.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Montana vs. AppSt in 2009 was pretty deafening. Washington-Grizzly, with how the stadium is built and the mountain bordering the stadium to the east, gets that stadium rockin'. 2008 when Montana came out of the tunnel in throwback uniforms might be the loudest single moment I've heard in that stadium.
ImageImageImageImage
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

I want to go to a night game @ LSU soooo bad. Preferably a big time SEC matchup.

Clemson, and VaTech would be sweet games to go to as well.
Clemson gets LOUD.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

seattlecowboy wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:Since the Pokes have a game against a team with one of the biggest and best home field advantages in college football next month, and people are talking about how B-Smith said Boise State was twice as loud as the Texas game last season, it got me wondering. What game for has had the loudest crowd? Football and basketball.

That game was probably in March 2002 when Wyoming played Utah in front of the largest AA crowd ever of over 16,000.

As for football I have to agree with Jrod, the loudest stadium I have been to is Centurylink in Seattle. I'm not a Seahawks fan by any means. I'm actually a Redskins fan but the Clink in Seattle is the loudest pro or college I have been to.

Some of the bigger stadiums in college that you would think would be loud aren't really that loud. Michigan comes to mind as well as Texas. I think some of the louder college atmospheres are in SEC country. A night game in Baton Rouge at LSU would be loud although I haven't been there yet I would love to visit. Virginia Tech is loud just as the Virginian posted. I think Wisconsin's camp randle would be loud and has by far the best student section in all of college football. Those are all on my lists to make it to.

Yes, that was the loudest basketball game I have ever been to. I got a piece of the net that night.
The loudest football game I was ever at was a pro game at Mile High Stadium between the Broncos and Chargers. I can't remember the year, but it featured John Elway, Dan Fouts. It came down to a chip shot San Diego FG right at the end of the game that Randy Gradishar(sp) blocked and Louis Wright picked up and ran all the way back for a TD. I thought the stadium was going to fall down.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

WYCowboy wrote:
seattlecowboy wrote:

Yes, that was the loudest basketball game I have ever been to. I got a piece of the net that night.
The loudest football game I was ever at was a pro game at Mile High Stadium between the Broncos and Chargers. I can't remember the year, but it featured John Elway, Dan Fouts. It came down to a chip shot San Diego FG right at the end of the game that Randy Gradishar(sp) blocked and Louis Wright picked up and ran all the way back for a TD. I thought the stadium was going to fall down.
Was this the game?

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

That was the one.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
snowdemon14
Buckaroo

BeaverPoke wrote:For me, the loudest game I ever attended was in Salt Lake @ Rice Eccles.
I will agree with BeaverPoke on that one, it was the loudest wyoming game i have been at. Sadly i believe that was the last game Wyoming played there, would have been nice to win that one.

The loudest football game period tho i have been at was this year at the divisional playoffs, Broncos vs The purple Pigeons. There was so many times throughout that game where i felt i needed ear plugs cuz it was so loud, esp with holidays two kickoff returns for touchdowns. Great game, heartbreaking ending.

For wyoming basketball, havent been to many, but id say the loudest one ive been to was the WNIT championship when the girls won. That was a pretty good game that got loud in the AA
ProudWYOAlum
Ranch Hand

Utah vs USC last year. That MUSS gets very loud!

Loudest Wyoming game: vs Virginia in 2007. The War was rocking that day!!
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

When I was going to school at USU, I would go home some nights with ringing ears that would last for days. The basketball games (when they were worth a crap) was the best college environment for games.

djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

as for football games, as crazy as this sounds, the new mexico bowl triple OT game was decent considering the stadium was 20% full. Cowboy faithful were rocking.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Yes the New Mexico Bowl 2009 was loud and fun, but for me the loudest game I remember was when we beat SDSU and Marshall Faulk in Laramie Nov 7, 1992, when the Pokes beat them 17-6, I can remember us chanting Yarbourgh for Heisman and stormed the field. There are others but my lack of brain cells from going to many games it makes it tough for me to remember others outright.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Loudest away game was the triple OT win in Vegas in 2004 when we qualified with that win basically to play there again for the Vegas bowl in 2004 and beat UCLA, of which i wish i would have gone to as well.

in visiting stadiums I've been too Utah gets loud as does Utah State, BYU only when they want to. But Oklahoma State they get rowdy and Texas well it's Texas...Fresno St holds it own also.