You want to know the biggest joke in college basketball

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

its our end of half coaching. It is the most pathetic thing I have ever seen. I challenge anyone to name one game this year where having Ewing waste clock and then try to drive actually resulted in a made shot. I can not come up with one.

Let me get this straight, the coaches call a timeout and in the huddle they say, "Ewing hold the ball in the middle of the court till there is 12 to 9 seconds left then try to drive, as all 5 defenders get in your face and don't let you past 3 point line, throw up a prayer shot and we'll just hope that it somehow doesn't get blocked and gets in the hoop."

These coaches are supposed to be reviewing film during the week, and drawing up plays that work, yet somehow we do the same play to end a half every time and I don't remember a game this year that it worked. I remember countless games that it resulted in an unbalanced prayer which has not gone in.

Hey here's an idea coaches, use a motion offense with some passing so all 5 defenders can't cue in on one player, then have a set play ready to use out of the motion offense that might result in a one-on-one or at very least a double team contested shot, rather then this 5-on-1 contested shot.
PokeNer
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

WyomingAg wrote:its our end of half coaching. It is the most pathetic thing I have ever seen. I challenge anyone to name one game this year where having Ewing waste clock and then try to drive actually resulted in a made shot. I can not come up with one.

Let me get this straight, the coaches call a timeout and in the huddle they say, "Ewing hold the ball in the middle of the court till there is 12 to 9 seconds left then try to drive, as all 5 defenders get in your face and don't let you past 3 point line, throw up a prayer shot and we'll just hope that it somehow doesn't get blocked and gets in the hoop."

These coaches are supposed to be reviewing film during the week, and drawing up plays that work, yet somehow we do the same play to end a half every time and I don't remember a game this year that it worked. I remember countless games that it resulted in an unbalanced prayer which has not gone in.

Hey here's an idea coaches, use a motion offense with some passing so all 5 defenders can't cue in on one player, then have a set play ready to use out of the motion offense that might result in a one-on-one or at very least a double team contested shot, rather then this 5-on-1 contested shot.
I agree, very poop coaching. However, it did look like they were trying to get Ogirri for an open three look, but when NM covered that, panic ensued that ended with Ewing throwing up a prayer.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

I'll also never understand why, when a team is stalling around and setting up just before haltime, waiting to take the last shot, that the defense doesn't go out to cover aggresively to mess up the play they have planned.
cheypoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

I agree, the last minute plays are shoddy. So are our inbounds plays. On the other hand, when the other team has an inbound under their basket, its virtually a given that they'll find a guy wide open under the bucket. God, I am sick of that!!