UVA vs UW Predictions

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

I'll start us off

UW 15
UVA 13
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

24-21, Pokes. No PAT block this time, but it still stays close.
ImageImageImageImage
PSUVikings
Buckaroo

2 stout defenses, 2 bad offenses = low scoring game

UW 17
UVA 16

Guess who misses the PAT this time :lol: ;)
hoosgonnabeatwyo?
Buckaroo

'Hoos- 10
Pokes- 3

Book it.

I find in humorous that the three predictions before me having the Pokes scoring MORE than the 12 points they scored last year because of FAKE PUNTS. When it came down to it your offense couldn't move the ball, but somehow you plan on them scoring more than they did last year on an even better defense? Makes sense...?
Thought it would add this to increase some of your inferiority complexes

Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

My prediction: 17-14, WYOMING.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
wyopokesfan23
Ranch Hand

hoosgonnabeatwyo? wrote:'Hoos- 10
Pokes- 3

Book it.

I find in humorous that the three predictions before me having the Pokes scoring MORE than the 12 points they scored last year because of FAKE PUNTS. When it came down to it your offense couldn't move the ball, but somehow you plan on them scoring more than they did last year on an even better defense? Makes sense...?
Thats not really that humorous because first of all our offense is much more powerfull behind Karsten Sween, and two good RB's Devin Moore and Wynell Seldon. And were in Laramie.

SUCKA
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

hoosgonnabeatwyo? wrote:'Hoos- 10
Pokes- 3

Book it.

Fake punts or not, they're still scores. And what makes you think that you're offense is going to score more than the 10 you have listed? New season, buckaroo, things change. 24-21, Go Pokes.
ImageImageImageImage
hoosgonnabeatwyo?
Buckaroo

Thats not really that humorous because first of all our offense is much more powerfull behind Karsten Sween, and two good RB's Devin Moore and Wynell Seldon. And were in Laramie.

SUCKA
Next time you decide to use Wyoming, offense, and powerful in the same sentence you should stop.... and get an education.

Could you please tell me the last time your offense was so "powerful"?

For whatever reason I'm not, nor is Virginia's defense, scared of this....

hoosgonnabeatwyo?
Buckaroo

And what makes you think that you're offense is going to score more than the 10 you have listed?
Can you tell me how the above quotation makes any sense?

Why would I need to explain to you why our offense is going to score more than 10 points when I predict them scoring... well 10 points?

I believe they're fully capable of scoring 24+ if the running game gets going. I was making a safe prediction. I am amused at how almost every thread here has the Pokes scoring 20+ points, but yet no one has come up with one good reason why they will move the ball an inch.

I will give you my reasons now for why the 'Hoos should score no less than 10 points. First of all we scored over 10 points on your team last year with one of the worst offensive performances I have seen from Virginia in a long time. It would be hard not to improve off of that. We return our entire offensive line, which was performing very well towards the end of last season. We return a dual threat quarterback with a year of experience under his belt. Our defense pushed you around last year, and we return 10 of 11 of those same guys who bullied your Pokes around. We will sack your precious Karsten Sween no less than 5 times, and he will be pressured every time he drops back. That is if he ever drops back.

UWWIND
Buckaroo

To understand our optimism this year you'd have to understand the spark Sween provided us in the last half of the season. Our offense did play poorly that game, but it was led by Jacob Doss. Nothing against Jacob, he is a solid QB, but Sween has a chance to be special. His arm strength, his ability to squeeze balls into tight places, his anticipation and his poise can take our offense to a different level. I also think our o-line will have a better chance to protect Sween. They are inexperienced but they are simply more talented than last years. We will need a good gameplan to be effective, but I think we can be. I have no doubt Virgina will be better, but I think Wyoming will be equally so.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

I'm curious why UVA fans are so quick to discredit Wyoming as a legitimate threat as a football. Is it disrespect because we're "lil' ole Wyoming who couldn't hurt a fly"? Is it because we came into your house and pushed it to a 1 point loss, blown off as merely a fluke because "the offense didn't play good"? What is it that makes UVA fans so arrogant and so sure of what's going to happen? Why is it that you've improved SOOOOO much more from last season than we have? Just because we're lil' ole Wyoming with 500,000 people in our state doesn't mean we're not going to smack the Cavs right in their mouths on opening day. If you thought your defense is stout, wait until you see a defense that was ranked better than yours last season, and smacked plenty of teams in the mouth. Hopefully (and if) the Pokes win, it will not be a "fluke" because some small backwoods school beat UVA. Fake punts or not, those are still points on the board your defense didn't prevent.
ImageImageImageImage
hoosgonnabeatwyo?
Buckaroo

UWWIND wrote:To understand our optimism this year you'd have to understand the spark Sween provided us in the last half of the season. Our offense did play poorly that game, but it was led by Jacob Doss. Nothing against Jacob, he is a solid QB, but Sween has a chance to be special. His arm strength, his ability to squeeze balls into tight places, his anticipation and his poise can take our offense to a different level. I also think our o-line will have a better chance to protect Sween. They are inexperienced but they are simply more talented than last years. We will need a good gameplan to be effective, but I think we can be. I have no doubt Virgina will be better, but I think Wyoming will be equally so.
Fair enough. I didn't see much of the kid last year obviously. Could you post his stats. Good games? Bad games?

And I couldn't find this info anywhere. How many starters do you return on O? On D? And who are some of your highest rated recruits?

J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Karsten didn't tear it up or anything last year, against Syracuse he threw some horrid INT's, but with experience he will get better. I'm slightly scared about this game, Long will be on his blind side, if we cannot guard him Karsten could get hurt.....seriously hurt. I think the key to this game is the O-Line, if they can't play above their talent level we will lose.
hoosgonnabeatwyo?
Buckaroo

[quote="MrTitleist"] Is it because we came into your house and pushed it to a 1 point loss[quote]

If I ever, ever say that, then I will forever forfeit my right to be a college football fan. We pushed you to a one point loss? Yeah, ok, congrats on your moral victory.

The reason people don't take you seriously as a football team is because the majority of your programs history has consisted of losing. It's as simple as that.

And your defense was higher ranked than ours?

How did your schedule look last year? Oh... that's right...

Play in the ACC and see how your "high ranked" defense looks.

hoosgonnabeatwyo?
Buckaroo

J-Rod wrote:Karsten didn't tear it up or anything last year, against Syracuse he threw some horrid INT's, but with experience he will get better. I'm slightly scared about this game, Long will be on his blind side, if we cannot guard him Karsten could get hurt.....seriously hurt. I think the key to this game is the O-Line, if they can't play above their talent level we will lose.
I've wondered the same thing. Don't take this as an insult, but if ACC teams with very good offensive lines were forced to double team long, what will your Pokes do?

MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

hoosgonnabeatwyo? wrote:
J-Rod wrote:Karsten didn't tear it up or anything last year, against Syracuse he threw some horrid INT's, but with experience he will get better. I'm slightly scared about this game, Long will be on his blind side, if we cannot guard him Karsten could get hurt.....seriously hurt. I think the key to this game is the O-Line, if they can't play above their talent level we will lose.
I've wondered the same thing. Don't take this as an insult, but if ACC teams with very good offensive lines were forced to double team long, what will your Pokes do?
We'll put two!

...two'ish.
ImageImageImageImage
hoosgonnabeatwyo?
Buckaroo

MrTitleist wrote:
hoosgonnabeatwyo? wrote:
We'll put two!

...two'ish.
Well I figured that much. How experienced is your left tackle, left guard? I mean I would assume you will double team him every play. I'm looking forward to the continued development of the nose tackle in our three four scheme. Right now we're looking at three guys who we think can really step in and be a wrecking ball at that NT position, which is so crucial in any 3-4 D. Billyk (spell check) has the most experience at the position but he's going to be pushed by two young guys, Collins and Jenkins. Collins saw time as a true freshman last year, the only freshman who was not redshirted. Jenkins is a true freshman who they will seriously have to consider if one of those two guys go down. If Billyk or Nate Collins can take advantage of those doubles that Long draws our defense should vastly improve this year.

On the other side you have Jeffrey Fitzgerald, who emerged as a force in his redshirt freshman year last season. He received several Freshman All-American teams and will occasionally draw the double team from the opposing offense.

Basically any information you can provide me on experience, skill, and size on your offensive line would be great. It's nice talking to the level headed Pokes.

UVABy20
Buckaroo

UVA 27 UW 7

A lucky 7......
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

All I can say is whoever loses this game will be eating a very big and crow.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

J-Rod wrote:All I can say is whoever loses this game will be eating a very big and crow.
Good thing it likely tastes like chicken.. the loser has that to look forward to.
ImageImageImageImage