AA

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
wyopokesfan23
Ranch Hand

Sitting at the game Saturday I looked around and thought to myself how much better the AA would be with some better lighting and a hanging scoreboard. Comments?
thirtyseven
Ranch Hand

I agree we need a professional looking scoreboard hanging in the middle of the AA
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Someone else might know better because i have nothing to back this up but i had always heard that they can't put a scoreboard hanging in the middle because of the design of the AA. The dome can't handle the weight. Makes sense to me.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

TSpoke wrote:Someone else might know better because i have nothing to back this up but i had always heard that they can't put a scoreboard hanging in the middle because of the design of the AA. The dome can't handle the weight. Makes sense to me.
You are right on the money...the structure couldn't support a mid-court hanging scoreboard.

On a side note, anyone know when & why UW decided to take out the big East/West side scoreboards and replace them with that giant piece-of-poop that is there now? I loved when the former boards displayed running stats for every player in the game. Must have been a LeeMoon thing...what a lousy decision.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
wyopokesfan23
Ranch Hand

That makes sense but Utah seems to have the same stadium design and they have a hanging scoreboard
nirv117
Ranch Hand

The east / west boards have been down for a while. I don't recall them having player stats ever, but Maybe my memory is bad. The current TV screen board is kinda strange in its placement and adds are way to big for the screen size imo. It might take some engineering and a slight remodel, but I bet they could come up with something better. Hell hang some screens, and use a projector - that might look better...

Speaking of the rafters I was wondering why they took down our 1934 Helms foundation National Championship banner. It needs to be put back up next to the 1943 NCAA Championship banner.
God is a Cowboy
PokeNer
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

I thought that they built an identical arena at Weber State. They have the center hanging scoreboard:

That would be so much nicer in the AA, but with bigger video boards. It would be nice to get some corporate sponsor to pony up the bucks and modernize the AA.

Looking at those pictures though, it appears they have a different truss system, so maybe the AA won't hold it.