mcpeachy, you're 21-9 prediction is way off.

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
East_Popcorn_State
Buckaroo

i'm gonna say 16-14, at very best 17-13.

so far you're predictions are 0-2 starting with utah state. take the gold glasses off.. this team is terrible... just athletes that can't play basketball at the mwc level. they have not beat 1 quality opponent yet. i'm giving them the benefit of the doubt when i say 16-14.
Cheywypoke
Ranch Hand

Hey Popcorn aren't you the one that said Utah sucked and would get absolutely killed by Alabama? You don't currently have a lot of sports credibility at this point.
PokerOfPoway
Buckaroo

Maybe not 21-9 but I think they still finish in the top 4 in the conference - and my other prediction is that next year when Ewing/Ogirri/Johnson are gone....they will be even better........Ewing is awesome don't get me wrong...but still has the McClain mentality....hasn't gotten rid of the selfishness in 1/2 of a season IMO........but for those of you naysayers - I'll jump on the wagon versus your stances :ugeek:
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

East_Popcorn_State wrote:i'm gonna say 16-14, at very best 17-13.

so far you're predictions are 0-2 starting with utah state. take the gold glasses off.. this team is terrible... just athletes that can't play basketball at the mwc level. they have not beat 1 quality opponent yet. i'm giving them the benefit of the doubt when i say 16-14.
Well, the way I see it, although we dropped two I thought we would take (BOTH went into OT by the way, Utard State & TCU)...21-9 is still feesible...but realisitically it is going to be tougher than I expected). We have 12 left, 9 of which need to be W's, as we are 12 - 6 right now. Again, let's look at the next 12...

CSewe in Laramie (WIN)
AFA in Laramie (WIN)
BwhyU in Provostan (LOSS)
NM in Alb (LOSS)
Utah in Laramie (WIN)
SDSU in SD (TOSS)
UNLV in Laramie (TOSS)
TCU in Laramie (WIN)
CSewe in FartC (TOSS)
AFA in CS (WIN)
BYU in Laramie (TOSS)
NM in Laramie (TOSS)

So I see 4 for sure WINS, 2 for sure LOSSES, and the rest is realistically a TOSS UP.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

As one who bets against the spread, I would expect Wyo. to be a double digit underdog at SDSU. That is not a tossup. The 3 games at home you have as tossups: UNLV, Utah,and NM, we will probably be small underdogs in everyone of those games. I don't believe we will win all 3 and we might even lose 2 of them.

I think this team is far better than last year. However, last year we were getting blown off the court. This year, we are keeping the games closer but that doesn't necessarily mean wins. I hate to say it, but I think we go 7-9 or 6-10 in the conference. That means a 6 or 7 seed in the tournament and a first round game vs. byu or unlv. Game over. Poor rebounding and no inside offense (other than Johnson) means lots of close losses.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

bladerunnr wrote:As one who bets against the spread, I would expect Wyo. to be a double digit underdog at SDSU. That is not a tossup. The 3 games at home you have as tossups: UNLV, Utah,and NM, we will probably be small underdogs in everyone of those games. I don't believe we will win all 3 and we might even lose 2 of them.

I think this team is far better than last year. However, last year we were getting blown off the court. This year, we are keeping the games closer but that doesn't necessarily mean wins. I hate to say it, but I think we go 7-9 or 6-10 in the conference. That means a 6 or 7 seed in the tournament and a first round game vs. byu or unlv. Game over. Poor rebounding and no inside offense (other than Johnson) means lots of close losses.
You may be right...after looking at SDSU with Lo in the lineup (vs. BYU at Provostan). I don't know how much of a home-team crowd SDSU pulls in either...but that could have an impact as well.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...