Boise St. @ WYO

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

MWC play is here! We still have one more non-conference game against Cal State Bakersfield on February 6th.

But for now it's MWC time.

11-2 Boise State is good, but I think they are inconsistent. They played with Michigan State and they beat Creighton, all both good showings. Yet the got their asses KICKED by Utah.

I think we are all around the better team even without Martinez.
And at game time, Shyatt will have had a full week to prepare the team for the Boise w/out Martinez, instead of the 2 days they got for SMU.
A lot of students will be back as some are getting sick of their parents house and want to be able to party before school starts again, and there should be a big crowd for the game.

Well I think it is a close game for a while but unlike SMU we are able to pull away in the end and win by about 10, like we have all season.

Pokes win 67-57 and make it 14-0, but even more importantly 1-0 in MWC play.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Vapoke
Cowpoke

I think Boise is a good team, however, they don't seem strong enough defensively. Washington and Nance shoudl dominate down low, and it will come down to them rebounding. The trio guards are going to force Boise out of their 3 point shooting. We REALLY need some presence off the bench though. Sobey or Haroldson need to step up. Mcmanamen would be nice for him to see some time. Some unexpected bench players need to step up and help out with Martinez and continue to contribute during the conference slate.
I am taking Wyoming in this one by 15, live by the 3 die by the 3.

Go Pokes
YankPoke
Cowpoke

I think that Boise is a pretty good team and will definately get some good wins in conference. I think that the Pokes win this game by around 7 or so and do that because defense beats offense. I will go with 64-57 roughly for my prediction if it was on the road I would be scared about this one but I think we will get it at home.

Go Pokes
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

I'll take any kind of win. Period.

Sadly, I won't make the game, as I'll be recovering from surgery (basically roto-rooting my nose).
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Wyoming should win, and will likely win. But MWC play will be a nightmare for every team.....brace yourselves: unexpected losses are guaranteed for everyone, including Wyoming. This is not football.
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 1 time

I personally think the pokes are going to win big. As long as the weather is good I expect a big crowd at the AA. I know personally the players are hungry to be back in Laramie and are looking forward to a home crowd.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Are any other students or you old folk :D wanting to get something going in the student section?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 1 time

BeaverPoke wrote:Are any other students or you old folk :D wanting to get something going in the student section?
Count me in
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

I have been tryin to think of some cheers that would be anti-boise but with them no longer in the big east/big west that cheer won't really fly.

I donno if we should try and get the student section going all out right away or if we should just basically teach the student section how to cheer.
For example, the Defense cheer. We don't need it speeding up and dying out with 20 seconds left on the clock.
the W-Y-O needs to be started at a slower pace, it shouldn't be a w-y-o-w-y-o-w-y-o! it should be a loud slow W, slight pause Y slight pause O then speed up later...
YankPoke
Cowpoke

I am down to help out BeaverPoke and I will have two others with me as well.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Trying to think of something along the lines of donkey, mule, ass etc.

Maybe something like "it sucks to be a bsu ass" ala our similar csu ram chant.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

WestWYOPoke wrote:Trying to think of something along the lines of donkey, mule, ass etc.

Maybe something like "it sucks to be a bsu ass" ala our similar csu ram chant.
That's good! haha

"Beat the donkeys" clap clap clapclapclap "Beat the donkeys"

"it sucks...to be... a BSU ass"

Smurfs.......smurfs......smurfs....smurfs..smurfs smurfs smurfs!
ya know it goes faster and faster.

haha I donno.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

YankPoke wrote:I am down to help out BeaverPoke and I will have two others with me as well.

Cool. I am taking the lady out to dinner before the game, but then will be at the AA early, or possibly the Library, or somewhere with beer lol. Anyways my point is.... should us wyonation folk meet up somewhere and do a tailgate/pregame thing like they did in football season?
YankPoke
Cowpoke

I am meeting up with my friend who is coming up for the game, he goes to KU. I was planning on getting there like an hour early or a little earlier so I can definately meet up and try to get the student section going. Also I think since we will be leading stuff we should try to get in the front of the section as it carries better front to back.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

YankPoke wrote:I am meeting up with my friend who is coming up for the game, he goes to KU. I was planning on getting there like an hour early or a little earlier so I can definately meet up and try to get the student section going. Also I think since we will be leading stuff we should try to get in the front of the section as it carries better front to back.

Agreed. I wanna get there as soon as they let us in. Too many kids that don't know much about our cheers or team fill up the front and just sit there being quiet.
YankPoke
Cowpoke

Exactly I can go whenever and get there pretty early and get in the first couple rows.
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

After smashing Walla Walla Boise state will be coming into laramie on a high note, only to leave deflated. Pokes will have strong second half and win by 8
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

BeaverPoke wrote:Are any other students or you old folk :D wanting to get something going in the student section?
dude I'm there just like every other time, i'll help!!!!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

they won't let you in until an hour prior, so 705 should be fine!!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

fyi watch the profanity there's an usher dude in the tunnel that gave me tons of grief last game DU, man I thought he was gonna take my 1st born etc.....lol