Closing out January Poke basketball will be sub .500

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
PorkerPoke
Buckaroo

There is a slight chance that this team could beat TCU on Wednesday, but most likely we lose all road games in January and win the 3 home games. Going 3-4 in the first 7 games is not bad with a young group.

It will be the next 7 games in February that will define if this team gains or loses momentum.

Right now I am thinking that we can go 7-9. Prior to the season opening I was thinking more like 4-12 or 5-11 again.

Last year we finished 5-11. If we can make up 3 games and finish 8-8 that leaves a regular season record of 19-11. Get a game in the MWC tourney and go no worse than 20-12. I am hoping for that but expecting more like a 18-13 with a one and done in the MWC tourney. That is better than a 16-14 regular season with a one out at MWC tourney to go 16-15 I was thinking earlier.

I still hold no hope for a top half finish and do not think we can win a first round MWC tourney game. In fact, anything less than 20 or more wins will not even entice the NIT. I am getting used to the idea that there is nothing more to look forward to than next season except the momentary joy some wins will bring. The good part is that I think it gets 2-3 games better next year which means the NIT will be interested in 2010.