2 more verbals

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

According to this article from the Laramie Boomerang we got 2 more verbals. A tight end, T.J. Smith, and a safety, Shamiel Gary. Both are from Tulsa, Oklahoma and played on the Booker T. Washington 5A State Championship team.

http://www.laramieboomerang.com/article ... 431517.txt
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 38 times

And apparently we've signed another JUCO quarterback.. one that has run Christensen's offense.
ImageImageImageImage
dapokes
Ranch Hand

hit me up with a link to this other juco qb, please?
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

It's on the Wyo Athletics site.
ImageImageImageImage
dapokes
Ranch Hand

oh you're referring to robert benjamin?? thats commit is nearly a month old now..

I thought we snagged another one haha
wyopokesfan23
Ranch Hand

Pretty excited about Robert Benjamin. Has UW ever had an African American QB?
PokerOfPoway
Buckaroo

At least Peter Rowe from my recollection........
gbpoke
Cowpoke

I read on the Cowboys rivals board that apparently there was at least one blue chip recruits whose name is being kept quiet. The feeling from those guys is that Wyoming has a good shot to land multiple 3 star recruits and perhaps even a 4 star as well. Dave Christenson could be the best thing that's happened to Cowboy football in a long, long, long time. If he lands one 4 star recruit he'll have put his mark on this program without even coaching a single down!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Chips are pretty subjective.. and sometimes the chip will drop depending on where they go to school. Only time will tell on these youngin'.
ImageImageImageImage
SnipeyPoke
Buckaroo

I will have to agree I don't know how many times I have seen stars dropped when players went to a less favorable school. Players don't always perform to their star rating anyway since sports are more then a simple video game where 5 star beats 4 star every time. The are more to players then just their abilities. The system is flawed in the way the players are rated simply because of the way they are assessed. It is subjective. However, it does give us fans something to chew on until our next big season. I just hope that regardless of who we recruit we can coach them up as well as the "old guard" for a winning season.
Go Pokes!