Watching wyoming football and basketball

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

is like drowning everyday, you keep hoping that somebody will save you, but instead you just slowly drown. Wyoming football and basketball you just keep hoping that someone will step it up on the team and pull out a victory, but instead you just watch the teams slowly drown time and time again.
WyNative
Ranch Hand

someone throws you a floating device (a win) only to discover it has a large hole in it.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

The last several years for both sports have been nearly unbearable. I'm always amazed that on this board and the other one how optimistic some posters are. Based on what? Our great victory over johnson and wales? Well, I have great hopes for football next year. I think we have a real football guy and not just a cheerleader.

Basketball? Well, after a few years of being in the play in game, maybe we get someone who can coach rebounding and defense. It's obviously not in Schroyer's repetoire. I have no interest in watching this group of one on one players he's assembled. No discipline and no heart. They don't care about representing Wyoming. Ewing is the one exception. Burman needs to correct his error and get rid of Schroyer at the end of this season.

I'm tired of reading "give the guy a chance". Someone explain to me how this team looks like they play like a team, or move their feet on D, or know how to pass, or box out. Poorest fundamentals I've ever seen. If he coaches it in practice, it sure as hell doesn't show on the court.
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 48 times

I was very disappointed with today's game, but there were a few things working against us going into this game. This was our fourth game in six days with every single one of them spent on the road in hotel rooms. It also didn't help that we played a very hard faught game just a few days earlier against Utah State. I think the guys were drained, especially the younger guys who haven't experienced playing games so close together. Sometimes you think you are prepared, but the body just won't react the way you want it to. I just hope the players learn from this and use it to their advantage if faced with a similar situation in the conference tournament. I still think this team will be fine and I absolutely expect us to beat the Utes at home.