Poke bball showing its real ability

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
PorkerPoke
Buckaroo

This team is just as lousy as the rest of them for the past few years. I tried to be thinking they were getting good but it is not going to happen. UCLA showed them just how weak they really are.

They probably will do good to beat Houston Baptist by more than 10 and will probably struggle to beat Howard. The H teams are about as bad as there are in college basketball and if we do not beat them both by more than 20 it will show just how close we are to the bottom of division 1.

I hope we do good but am not expecting it after the way UCLA blew us out.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

PorkerPoke wrote:This team is just as lousy as the rest of them for the past few years. I tried to be thinking they were getting good but it is not going to happen. UCLA showed them just how weak they really are.

They probably will do good to beat Houston Baptist by more than 10 and will probably struggle to beat Howard. The H teams are about as bad as there are in college basketball and if we do not beat them both by more than 20 it will show just how close we are to the bottom of division 1.

I hope we do good but am not expecting it after the way UCLA blew us out.
I think we are better than what we showed at Pauley. UCLA was ON, at Home, #10 in the country for a reason, etc. Yet, we did throw in the towel...and that sucked.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
PokeNer
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

We definitely threw in the towel, which pisses me off.

I didn't expect to win at the Pauley, but I was hoping we would be competitive. Are we really 50 points worse than UCLA? I don't think so. How does Prairie View A&M play them within 24, Cal-State Northridge (who lost to Cal-State Bakersfield, who we beat by 25+) play them within 18, and Loyola-Marymount play them within 31, yet we get beat worse than we have in nearly 100 years, 51 points? It was a lousy game to watch.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

I agree, the worse part is that the pokes quit. So many times in the second half when we just let UCLA go right by us for a layup or dunk, very embarassing.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

OrediggerPoke wrote:I agree, the worse part is that the pokes quit. So many times in the second half when we just let UCLA go right by us for a layup or dunk, very embarassing.
You are right on the money Oredigger. Although I hate losing more than anything (at anything), I could have accepted the UCLA loss (for what it could have been), had we played basketball for 40 minutes, etc.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...