Wyoming 23 - Virgina 3

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
UW2007
WyoNation Moderator

Thoughts on the game? Sween played amazing, UVA's offense was (as predicted) horrible and Chris Long was neutralized. Let's discuss!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

Next up: piss-poor Utah State!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
UW2007
WyoNation Moderator

I was really surprised on how well we shut down Chris Long and the rest of the Virgina defense. Sween and the rest of the offense TORE Virgina apart...471 total yards! I'm really happy to see that Devin Moore is getting the love over Wynell Seldon, he's such a better and more diverse back.
cszjr
Buckaroo

Hey cowpoke fans-

A BYU fan here. Saw part of the game. Just a few quick comments.

Sween looked excellent. You got a QB there.

The team played extemely well. Defense looked very, very good.

Crowd was impressive.

Congratulations. Good luck this season (until you play my beloved cougars.)
UW2007
WyoNation Moderator

With the way you guys are handling Arizona I think we'll have a great game on our hands.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

I wish I could have saw this beating.. that's excellent. One of the bigger UW wins in recent memory. Great stuff.
ImageImageImageImage
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Wyokie wrote:Next up: piss-poor Utah State!
That is what Michigan thought about Appalacia State
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Adv8RU12 wrote:
Wyokie wrote:Next up: piss-poor Utah State!
App State is a 2-time defending I-AA National Championship team, USU is crap!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
tttgowyo
Ranch Hand

We still can't overlook anybody! UTard State is the worst team we will face, so we need to be ready to play just as hard as we did yesterday.

GO POKES!!
Marcus3019
Buckaroo

Got back to rapid city from the game last night.

First things first - Hats off to the 1600 UVA fans who came out to support thier team! THey were all classy and fun loving people . Good luck the rest of the season, and even though the Bull Crap System (BCS) won't agree - losing to WYO is not a death sentence. We are a quality program, were just not east of Kansas.

I was stoked with the crowd - 31,620!!!! great job Poke fans! Our team deserves to play in front of that many fans every game.

I liked what I saw from our team. Great Defense!!! Sween is a stud - he looked like a 5th year veteran out there. He made a couple questionable plays (thankfully he didn't get burned by any of them), but he looked really good - MWC beware! Last but not least, I liked how our O-line came together during the game. The running game was unstoppable! Moore and Seldon ran at will through gaping holes in the line. I was a little worried after the first seven minutes, but after that they started protecting sween and open holes for the running backs!

Overall very pleased . A couple of Offensive play calls made me scratch my head (direct snap to the half back from the 11?), and I am not sure what to think of the new offensive scheme with lining up, then getting the play from the sideline. But overall very excited about this year!!!

one final note - the score should have been higher. I can think of at least 10 points we left on the field - questionable play calls, trick play from the 11 when you just ran the ball right at them and down the field?
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Wyokie wrote:
Adv8RU12 wrote:
Wyokie wrote:Next up: -poor Utah State!

And Michigan was ranked 5th in the nation and was 3rd last year in the BCS standings. I to think USU will be torched but none the less don't under estimate them, Fresno State did last year and they were embarrassed by them.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

J-Rod wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
Adv8RU12 wrote:
Wyokie wrote:Next up: -poor Utah State!

And Michigan was ranked 5th in the nation and was 3rd last year in the BCS standings. I to think USU will be torched but none the less don't under estimate them, Fresno State did last year and they were embarrassed by them.
Fresno State always screw up against a WAC team they should've beaten the crap out of. You can set your watch by it!
gopokes1399
Blog Team

My opinion:
1. Sween played incredible, he knows where and when to throw when he doesnt have anyone he will tuck and run he loked like a vetren out on the field

2. Devin Moore is amazing he can bench 355 and run a 4.4! Our offense is nothing withot him running the ball and catching i was impressed withj the way he runs the ball

3. GREG BOLLING! He reminds me so much of the recent freat jovon Bouknight wow! They are so similar they each came from the denver area and played quarterbak in high sschool i hope we can bring back the reciever passwe used agains UCLA N Ole Miss. He looked real good

4. Where are the UVA fans that said the elevation wouldnt affect them, there D was gasping for air in the second Quarter

5. The fans! I wish i was there! how loud was it? Lets get the same like that for every home game that was amazing
UVAMan04
Buckaroo

As promised, I am here. I just got back home from Laramie around 11:00 last night. Left your fair town at 5:00am your time, so it was a long day of travel.

First and foremost Congratulations and best wishes on the rest of your season. May you be both successful and healthy for the rest of it. Thank you to the vast majority of the Pokes I met. I truly enjoyed my visit. As is the case with all venues, there were a couple issues, but overall I loved the town, the state, the people, the atmosphere. I would not however come again if we played later in the season by some chance down the road. I heard too many horror stories about the weather. :)

As for me as a UVA fan and my take on the game. I am, embarrassed to say the least. I am not embarrassed to lose to Wyoming. I am embarrassed to lose the way we did. While I don't agree with some of what has been said above about "gaping holes the whole game", etc. I saw a defense (UVA's) that played 48 minutes and 88 snaps, due to a completely inept QB, a poorly called offensive game plan, etc. get worn down and the gaping hole did occur on one play in the 4th quarter. Even when our defense created turnovers our offense gave them right back. Early in the game we had two receivers wide open behind your defense and our QB missed them by a mile. That 14 pts could have changed the whole tone of the game. However, it did not and the outcome is what it is.

I won't debate any of this as the game is over, in the books and it's time to move on. I just wanted to come back, as I promised and give my congratulations and thanks to the many Pokes I met. I also appreciate the very lovely Lady Poke that served our beer at the UVA tailgate. I have a couple pics of her, but my camera went on the fritz and the ones of she and I together didn't take. I believe her name was either Missy or Mitzy? I didn't bother her because another silver tongue UVA guy was hounding her for her email, etc. All I know is she was a doll and she invited me to Mulligans after the game. I'm sorry I didn't make it but I was no fun to be around. If you happen to know her, tell her thanks for me and I'd love to have her email also to send her the pics, they did turn out well. She said she goes to Mulligans after every game. Oh yeah, she also played Rugby for Wyoming. She'll remember me, I was the two for one guy! She and 99% of the others I met represented Pokes well. I'm ready to come back and just visit, but not in the winter. :)
rickdoerr
Buckaroo

Congrats on your win. Most impressive. Good luck this Saturday.
Kansan Cowboy!
Ranch Hand

I won't look past USU. I know that you can't look past any team.
Just put it this way. If we play like we did in our opener, we win 45-3 or 7.
I f we look past it will be closer, 33-17.
I think their running game is better than last year, and their QB is getting better. 13-19-137-0-0 vs. UNLV. Look out for their Marsh, who had 50 yards rushing on 13 att. vs, UNLV. Robinson at Wideout had 5 catches for 62 yards.
Don't ever overlook anybody. One at a time.
Rackem
Buckaroo

Good Job Polks!!
BYU fan here. Just wanted to say congrats to a well deserved win.
We'll be watching you as the season progresses.

Rackem'
tttgowyo
Ranch Hand

Rackem wrote:Good Job Polks!!
BYU fan here. Just wanted to say congrats to a well deserved win.
We'll be watching you as the season progresses.

Rackem'
Welcome BYwho fan. You all looked good against ' Zona as well. Looks like you have yet another good QB in the making. Hopefully we will give you guys a much better game this year. Of course we have a much better chance at the WAR. The last time we beat you guys in Provo, well, President Ronald Reagan publicly challenged Mikhail Gorbachev to tear down the Berlin Wall. Anyway, look forward to beggining the smack talk with you all early..

GO POKES!!
Kansan Cowboy!
Ranch Hand

True Let's bring on BYWHO?! Smack it up.
Kansan Cowboy!
Ranch Hand

Byu is definately going to be a bowl team again this year.