Christensen Ties to the Area

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
PokeNer
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Apparently HCDC isn't a complete stranger to the area. I believe his in-laws live near Wellington or Windsor. Should help him acclimate a little better.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times

I have also heard that Christensen has been coming to this area for several summers. He is good friends with Ludwig (the OC at Utah) and they spend some time hashing over offensive strategies. From what I have heard, he likes the rocky mountain area.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
gbpoke
Cowpoke

Well maybe that will bode well for the Pokes in keeping him and signing him to a long term contract once he turns the program around. You know, instead of sticking around for 3-4 years and then bolting for a better paying high profile school. It'd be nice to have a coach stick around for a long time and build a dynasty in Laramie.
PokeNer
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time

I guess his sister and her husband live near Wellington, and his in-laws also live around the area. So he has some immediate family only 45 minutes away, which, as mentioned, should help in possibly keeping him around longer than some other stepping-stone coaches.
pokerupfront
Ranch Hand

Even closer to his sister is Hughes Stadium. ;)
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

PokeNer wrote:I guess his sister and her husband live near Wellington, and his in-laws also live around the area. So he has some immediate family only 45 minutes away, which, as mentioned, should help in possibly keeping him around longer than some other stepping-stone coaches.
My girlfriend asked me one time to kiss her where it stinks, so I took her to Wellington and kissed her. If ever a place smelled 24/7 365 like cow sheet...Wellington! Poor DC has to visit more often now...
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...