Something tells me we beat BSU this weekend

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
AfiPoke
Cowpoke

It's not rational mind you, just a feeling I have.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

The team that just physically manhandled Wyoming on Saturday got manhandled by Boise. Like Fresno, the bottom line is there is a big talent discrepancy between the two schools. The Bronco's D-Line will be a terrifying prospect for Wyoming to deal with, as well as stout secondary. Wyoming just won't get a good enough push on either side of the ball.

Anything is possible, but the spread being at -16.5 Boise, I'd take BSU. Surely things don't seem to be adding up for UW going into this game (injuries, suspension)
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

AfiPoke wrote:It's not rational mind you, just a feeling I have.
Its called being delusional
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 71 times

Please share what you're smoking.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

You guys are brutal. :lol: He did say it was "irrational"....let him have his gut feeling. We'll know after Saturday if he was right or wrong.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote:You guys are brutal. :lol: He did say it was "irrational"....let him have his gut feeling. We'll know after Saturday if he was right or wrong.
Hahaha yes!
I am gonna go with this same irrational thought and say we upset the broncos...
Totally irrational thought.
But here is why we win.
I have friends coming into town.

And to pull a tim kurchagin (from MLB tonight)
This would be the first time that Boise has beaten us EVER after a humiliating loss at fresno while I've got friends in town for the game, on the final saturday of october while Coach C has been suspended for the game. I just dont see us losing ;)
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

J-Rod wrote:The team that just physically manhandled Wyoming on Saturday got manhandled by Boise.
I don't really think BSU manhandled Fresno more like Fresno offense never really got moving sure BSU has an ok defense but it's nothing special. I personally think a lot of the Fresno vs BSU game was just long time rivals that have always lost to BSU and they let that haunt them.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Wyo2dal wrote: I don't really think BSU manhandled Fresno more like Fresno offense never really got moving sure BSU has an ok defense but it's nothing special. I personally think a lot of the Fresno vs BSU game was just long time rivals that have always lost to BSU and they let that haunt them.
That's one perspective. Ask Derek Carr.....he sure took quite a while to get off the ground every time Demarcus Lawrence got him.

And I thought you said BSU would lose to FSU? ;) Told me to mark it down too.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote: I don't really think BSU manhandled Fresno more like Fresno offense never really got moving sure BSU has an ok defense but it's nothing special. I personally think a lot of the Fresno vs BSU game was just long time rivals that have always lost to BSU and they let that haunt them.
That's one perspective. Ask Derek Carr.....he sure took quite a while to get off the ground every time Demarcus Lawrence got him.

And I thought you said BSU would lose to FSU? ;) Told me to mark it down too.
I really thought they would to both Nevada and Fresno.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Wyo2dal wrote: I really thought they would to both Nevada and Fresno.
Reno is in danger of losing out now. @AFA, FSU, @UNM, BSU......its 2011 all over again for them.
mrtnt3x
A Real Cowboy

Pass it to the right please
Powder River ... Let 'R Buck!
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I have that gut feeling too! However, I often agree with Jrod and I think we will have a tough go of it, but I think we win 27 to 21

f-word BYU & f-word CSU (f-word AF too).
WyoAlum1987
Ranch Hand

If coach Kaligas wins this one, will he keep DC as his offensive coordinator? :lol:
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote:
J-Rod wrote:You guys are brutal. :lol: He did say it was "irrational"....let him have his gut feeling. We'll know after Saturday if he was right or wrong.
Hahaha yes!
I am gonna go with this same irrational thought and say we upset the broncos...
Totally irrational thought.
But here is why we win.
I have friends coming into town.

And to pull a tim kurchagin (from MLB tonight)
This would be the first time that Boise has beaten us EVER after a humiliating loss at fresno while I've got friends in town for the game, on the final saturday of october while Coach C has been suspended for the game. I just dont see us losing ;)
don't forget that i'll be elk hunting during the game
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
boised
Buckaroo

first off, bronco fan here...hoping this is a good game with no injuries...
it's been said on this thread that boise's defense is nothing special...well, that may be the case, depending on what you mean by special. yes, a lot of talent was lost to the nfl last year, but don't be deceived, this unit has a lot of talent. they're quietly in the top ten statistically in many categories (passing, scoring, turnovers, passing efficiency, red zone) and in the top twenty in total d. the defense from the past few years has gotten more recognition, but this group can be just as dominating. best of luck come saturday...go broncos.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

boised wrote:first off, bronco fan here...hoping this is a good game with no injuries...
it's been said on this thread that boise's defense is nothing special...well, that may be the case, depending on what you mean by special. yes, a lot of talent was lost to the nfl last year, but don't be deceived, this unit has a lot of talent. they're quietly in the top ten statistically in many categories (passing, scoring, turnovers, passing efficiency, red zone) and in the top twenty in total d. the defense from the past few years has gotten more recognition, but this group can be just as dominating. best of luck come saturday...go broncos.
No doubt Boise is not as strong as years past, but until proven otherwise, they are still the best team in this region.

With that being said, UW has potential of scoring. No doubt in a funk right now, but if they can start clicking, they can score. If I was Boise, I would give it to harper every play.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

I'll be there, come on wind and snow, neutralizer against speedy Boise St., this should be one hell of a week at practice and rally point just hope if it gets done then no let down against the Sheep next week.
cheypoke
Ranch Hand

boised wrote:first off, bronco fan here...hoping this is a good game with no injuries...
I think only one said the BSU def wasnt anything special. I would say its prob the strength of your team isnt it? Pretty highly ranked in the nation in a lot of categories. At the start of the seaons I had this game marked as the one to watch. But not now obviously. I think the biggest problem is the receiver/db matchup. Our receivers havent shown any ability to get open when our QB (whoever) scrambles. With Brett obviously not going to be exposing himself too much the rest of the way out, this doesnt leave us with much of an offense.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

I have a feeling you need a CAT scan if you truly believe that.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

djm19 wrote:
No doubt Boise is not as strong as years past, but until proven otherwise, they are still the best team in this region.

With that being said, UW has potential of scoring. No doubt in a funk right now, but if they can start clicking, they can score. If I was Boise, I would give it to harper every play.
Why would you give it to Harper all day? Have you not noticed that Wyo has played three of the top RB's in the nation in three straight weeks and we have stopped each of them?
Jeffereson, who was averaging 180 yards per game had 23 carries for 78 yards and no scores... Getz at AF who was pretty much set to break 1,000 at Wyo struggles the entire game and then gets hurt near the end. His lowest total of the year, 10 carries 41 yards o tds... Rouse who had an outstanding year last year has kept the pace this year. But he has been stopped by a couple different team this year SDS held him to 70, BSU held him to 77, WYO held him to 20 carries 90 yards and 0 tds.
Three weeks, three top RB's and Wyo has stopped them. I was actually quite impressed with our DB's and S's in the FSU game, with as many times as FSU threw the ball, I was expecting 300+ yards passing on us. I was really surprised that it was actually 268 yards passing.
I think our D, even though injured and young, is still growing and getting better each week. I like what Kaligas said about them, Wyo played lights out on D in the second half of the FSU game. We gave up a lot of short yard situations in the first half.
BSU's passing attack is average at best. Southwick is good, but he hardly reminds me of Carr, or Fajardo/Combs. I think we can contain well enough to hold them up a little bit. BSU's running attack is, honestly, a step down from the last three weeks. Don't get me wrong, if we lose our focus Harper has the capability to run all over us. But if we play like we have the last three weeks, I could see us holding him to 60 or 70 yards rushing.
I still believe that Brandon will have a good offensive game plan and that if we can get just a little breathing room rushing the ball, we can be successful on offense as well. Which leads to me also saying I have a feeling about this game...
Also to note, the last two games have proven that being one deminsional hurts. AF we lose the ability to catch the ball in the freezing rain. Our running game while still putting up positive yards, can't put it up on a consistent level and we don't score. FSU we struggle with our pass but still do quite well in moving the ball, FSU just has to hang back though, because their front is killing our running game. 30 carries and 83 yards later, it will never help.
I think we have a legit shot, and if we lose, I think it will be close...